ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unfortunately, you will pay sales tax on the total increased amount because they do it like a rebate…post sales tax.
Yup I’ve mentioned it. It depends how how it’s entered.
This is from my dealer.

So, based on what he said you are getting $975 in the form of a rebate and Ford price protects the other $1500 once the sale is reported in your name. Name has to match the original order so hopefully that is how you are titling.

The $1500 then gets paid to us 30-45 days after we report the sale to Ford. Once we have received that money, we can then send you a check for the $1500.
Sponsored

Baja71

Badlands
First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As of right now there are no certificate for mid year price changes. In the 3/14 group it’s been highly encouraged to change with your dealer before you are ready to purchase.
By the time BUDRX7 is sitting down to sign they should have this cert thing all ironed out. :rolleyes:

Baja71

Badlands
First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup I’ve mentioned it. It depends how how it’s entered.
This is from my dealer.

So, based on what he said you are getting $975 in the form of a rebate and Ford price protects the other $1500 once the sale is reported in your name. Name has to match the original order so hopefully that is how you are titling.

The $1500 then gets paid to us 30-45 days after we report the sale to Ford. Once we have received that money, we can then send you a check for the $1500.
I wouldn’t hold my breath for that check. I’ll be doing it at the table.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wouldn’t hold my breath for that check. I’ll be doing it at the table.
Yea, I don't like doing it this way at all. My hope though, is Ford will start issuing certificates once all this confusion really starts hitting the customers, dealers and ford reps. Because right now it's a shit show and we are the guinea pigs.

Also rebates are taxed differently in states. My state GA rebates are not taxed. ;) So I this is part of why I want to get the $1500 off now.

Baja71

Badlands
First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yea, I don't like doing it this way at all. My hope though, is Ford will start issuing certificates once all this confusion really starts hitting the customers, dealers and ford reps. Because right now it's a shit show and we are the guinea pigs.

Also rebates are taxed differently in states. My state GA rebates are not taxed. ;) So I this is part of why I want to get the $1500 off now.
Amazing how every step of the way is a new train wreck.

Sponsored

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Amazing how every step of the way is a new train wreck.
Haha no kidding! I mean I understand why the price increases and everything. But man... Can't they make this easier?

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company make this new price protection easier for customers and dealers. It's all over the place how the new price protection is being handled and you are going to have a lot of angry folks!

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

According to Granger:

Dealer message: 2021 to 2022 (J1) pricing is loaded into Smart Vincent as a private offer amount paid directly to the customer (Program 38406). Adjustment from mid-year pricing (J2 to J1) is generated automatically and paid to the dealer’s payment statement AFTER the dealer records the sale in smart Vincent (system will produce a price protected adjustment amount once it verifies that the customer who bought the vehicle matches the customer who placed the order). You can expect that payment 30-45 days after the sale.

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been looking at the backdoor link this week and saw my MSRP price there go up to the MY22.5 prices for some reason despite not having any changes to my order etc. Not sure I'll even get my Bronco in 22 at this rate but was curious if anyone else saw this as well?

Sponsored
OP
OP
BUDXR7

BUDXR7

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have been looking at the backdoor link this week and saw my MSRP price there go up to the MY22.5 prices for some reason despite not having any changes to my order etc. Not sure I'll even get my Bronco in 22 at this rate but was curious if anyone else saw this as well?
This is the exact topic being discussed in this thread. I will update as I learn more but thus far the general manager at my dealership is sticking to the story that I did not qualify for mid year price protection because of a trim change on 1/26/2022. I’m in sales myself and while changing the price is not illegal, it is poor form. Unfortunately the dealerships know if they can confuse you enough you might just walk and they can then make another $20k on your custom order.

Tcbbronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there a number at Ford to check on this? My dealer also is either clueless or pretending to be. Its a large dealer and Id bet money they got that check and never said a thing about it. Ford shouldve just sent these to confirmed takers directly or in the form of an extended warranty.

monkeyboy1317

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 EB Bronco, '13 Tacoma, '10 Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ordered mine 01/07/2022 and have made no changes.
Got my window sticker and it shows a price increase of $1750.00.
Am I screwed?

OP
OP
BUDXR7

BUDXR7

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I ordered mine 01/07/2022 and have made no changes.
Got my window sticker and it shows a price increase of $1750.00.
Am I screwed?
What trim? You’re in the same situation as me. They might try to screw us. Gonna take some push back.