First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Radio navigation. Everytime you turn onto a new street, you would tune in to the localizer and Intercept it, keeping the needle centered, and when you reach the specified DME, you tune into the next one.

Man how did people ever get around before gps.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have lux with Navigation and it is not to be trusted, often it routes things very weirdly or cannot find the destination. It's useless.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've been backing up for over 50 years too, starting with my dad's hand me down 55 Chevy, that being said I can't say I've missed everything while backing up lol 🍍🍕
I backed into a frigging light pole in the Pontiac dealer lot with my Durango one time.

Sponsored

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have lux with Navigation and it is not to be trusted, often it routes things very weirdly or cannot find the destination. It's useless.
I find it works better than Google maps in Southern CA. I like the visual of off ramps and which are through lanes, etc. But I learned in 2007 YMMV with GPS after a Garmin unit told me to turn right while in WY.... Off a cliff...

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I find it works better than Google maps in Southern CA. But I learned in 2007 YMMV with GPS after a Garmin unit told me to turn right while in WY.... Off a cliff...
Favorite episode of The Office is when following precisely the nav prompts ends up in the drink

AlpineDescent

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally, I think it is awesome. Picks up on traffic changes, and is pretty good at finding the quickest route (about on par with Waze). I like that the graphic of the exit sign looks pretty close to the real sign I’m coming up on.

Last edited:

CeeCeeBronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
CeeCee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m having NO DIFFICULTIES with mine whatsoever.

You can make most people happy, most of the time….
but you cannot make everyone happy all the time….
Yeah, I actually prefer it to android auto and Google maps/waze.

Deleted member 3063

I thought the same thing until I tried to navigate to some hot springs in the desert with my cell phone. Long story short it took me to the middle of no where and my navigation to me to the exact spot.

After that I weighed out the pros vs cons and now I use it 99% of the time.

Pros:
-Works off of GPS so don't need cell reception
-Can switch between phones for whoever is playing car DJ without affecting your navigation
-Has off-road trails so you can see your exact path versus google/apple dropping you off where the road ends (yes you can use cords but good luck setting that while driving)
-Navigation actually brings you the nearest parking lot in a big city versus the front the building (in DTLA this is a life savor since the parking lot is usually no where near the front and they are all one way streets)
-Uses TMC for traffic/travel information which is much faster than when google/apple maps notifies you of an accident
-If you have the 12" you can expand the map to the entire screen
-Favorites and recent trips are very easy to use which allows for someone else to get in the car and navigate

Cons:
-Small yearly fee
-Not always the fastest route (but I would say is more accurate with ETA)
yes but you can't use your phone as a bun warmer after arrival, toasty. :p

Sponsored

Patriotic

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘23 Porsche 992T; ‘20 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have an Outer Banks High pkg. The map on the screen does not have any color. There is no wat to get directions. Can someone tell me wtf the thing can be used for.

My 2018 Chevy Colorado had a system 100 times better than this useless piece of junk. I guess you can get a functional system if you sign up for FordPass. Looking at FordPass, the features are pretty much useless………except they track wherever you go and how you drive. AND, they give you $210 of Ford Reward credits. Why would they be so anxious to get you to sign up? My guess is $$$$. Maybe they sell all that info? Then Big Brother can track you constantly. No Thanks.
Disagree. The connected navigation works well. The only thing lacking is the ability to send an address from the FordPass app to the Nav in the Bronco . . . will that feature ever return?

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the navigation in a 2018 Colorado. It was worthless, like every OEM nav unit. I have navigation and satellite radio in both of my vehicles. I do not remember ever using either on purpose.

Use Waze or Google Maps, you’ll thank us all later.

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This.
We plugged in a winery yesterday, and the nav brought up the correct street address, but it dumped us on a road that had nothing to do with the actual road name and only got us within a few miles and asked if we would like to continue off road (there were roads between where we were and the destination). Google maps had no issues finishing the route... using roads.

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Time to RTFM.

I’ve used multiple navigation systems and I’d rate the one in the Bronco 8 out of 10.
Sure, it could use the ability to more easily have multiple waypoints in a route, and the trail maps that were originally promised, but it is user friendly to create a route to a single destination. You can do that via voice or screen input, but RTFM is a good place to start.
(RTFM for the acronym challenged = Read The F—— Ing Manual). 😁
Sponsored