Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know if this will make you feel better or worse, but you will almost certainly still get a 2021 if you ordered a ragtop squatchless 2.3L big bend. If you ordered a Wildtrak then there was probably almost no chance of getting a 2021 even if your dealer had kept the 19 allocations. Only buildable vehicles (all parts available) can fill an allocation slot.
I have sins, but nothing like a Wildtrak...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lab00Rat

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There have been thousands of posts on this, so I donā€™t think many people are shocked that an ā€œestimateā€ was not exactly the final number. Itā€™s not like the top 15 at your dealer are the ones getting those allocations anyway, not even close.......read more around here and youā€™ll be in for some more surprises....
There has been no reporting of the final allocation numbers only a lot of math on the allocation formulation. Furthermore, nobody has reported a loss of build allocations for any dealer.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I asked my rep this question about 30 minutes ago and there was no communication from Ford to him about this. Sounds like wires are crossed somewhere.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There has been no reporting of the final allocation numbers only a lot of math on the allocation formulation. Furthermore, nobody has reported a loss of build allocations for any dealer.
When the final allocation numbers came out, we were all over the board comparing and contrasting what final numbers were to what the original estimates were. Granted, not all dealers were willing to share that info, but there were enough that we were talking about how they compared.

Also, letā€™s not forget this, which was all about the estimates and how dealers should manage their customerā€˜s expectations and emotions for when actual allocation numbers differ:

Ford Bronco New Allocation Adjustment by Ford - Needs Valadation Allocation Rank Breakdown

Sounds to me like you were always on the line of the estimationā€¦ Your dealer was told by Ford that they should have warned you that when actual allocation is announced, you could fall on either side.. and then on top of that thereā€™s the commodity issues.

It really sucks to find out now something your dealer should have communicated with you months ago.

I think one piece of solace is the difference for a late MY21 and an early MY22 is only a couple weeks, and if youā€˜re indeed bumped to MY22, that might only mean youā€™re delayed a few weeks, but you get to pick MY22 optionsā€¦ all with the price locked in.

Iā€™d much rather that, than to barely make the cut and receive one of the last MY21sā€¦ one that might even get delivered along side some MY22s.

Last edited:

johnston.zach

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Then I'd suggest peeps contact their dealer to verify if they are still getting what they though and when they thought...

No words for the way I feel right now.
well i got my vin so im fine

Sponsored

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not even sure how to respond to this frustration. My dealer converted way more than what they were allocated, but still lost builds. Reservation timestamp means nothing, dealer volume was all that really mattered.

This rollout is absolutely messed up beyond comprehension.
The fact that they converted more than the original allocation estimate is of no consequence. The original allocation estimate was from number of reservations at your dealer.

What matters for final allocation was the percentage of reservations converted. So if people left your dealer, or your dealer only saw fit to convert the ones they had an allocation estimate for - then yes they'd lose some allocation for the final conversion.

johnston.zach

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP
OP
Lab00Rat

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When the final allocation numbers came out, we were all over the board comparing and contrasting what final numbers were to what the original estimates were. Granted, not all dealers were willing to share that info, but there were enough that we were talking about how they compared.

Also, letā€™s not forget this, which was all about the estimates and how dealers should manage their customerā€˜s expectations and emotions for when actual allocation numbers differ:

Allocation Rank Breakdown.jpeg

Sounds to me like you were always on the line of the estimationā€¦ Your dealer was told by Ford that they should have warned you that when actual allocation is announced, you could fall on either side.. and then on top of that thereā€™s the commodity issues.

It really sucks to find out now something your dealer should have communicated with you months ago.

I think one piece of solace is the difference for a late MY21 and an early MY22 is only a couple weeks, and if youā€˜re indeed bumped to MY22, that might only mean youā€™re delayed a few weeks, but you get to pick MY22 optionsā€¦ all with the price locked in.

Iā€™d much rather that, than to barely make the cut and receive one of the last MY21sā€¦ one that might even get delivered along side some MY22s.
Nothing in that infographic states anything about reduction in allocation for the dealer... estimated or real.
Commodity constraints can cause a delay in the build for MY2022, not reduction of estimated allocations. It even SPECIFICALLY mentions the allocation estimations as a guideline for expectations of build timeline based on configurations and constraints.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok. Say what you want. Lots of dealers got less allocations than their estimate. Lots of dealers got more than their estimate.
Nothing in that infographic states anything about reduction in allocation for the dealer... estimated or real.
Commodity constraints can cause a delay in the build for MY2022, not reduction of estimated allocations. It even SPECIFICALLY mentions the allocation estimations as a guideline for expectations of build timeline based on configurations and constraints.
Dude, there has been no reduction in dealer allocation. None. Zero. Zilch.

They all got an ā€œestimateā€ which you took as gospel, and maybe they did too. The estimate was not equal to the final allocation, and that was true for almost every dealer including yours. Nobody paying attention expected it to be. Look up ā€œestimateā€ and see what you come up with...

Last edited:

Sponsored

Migs1313

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Then I'd suggest peeps contact their dealer to verify if they are still getting what they though and when they thought...

No words for the way I feel right now.
Don't get to angry yet we are also finding out what number you are in the dealers allocation doesn't mean as much as what constraints you have. There will be people who by timestamp order would be in the dealers allocation but will get passed over and people outside that number will get a Bronco. The one thing we know is that we know nothing for sure

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Second: After finding out that I was 16 of 19 allocations, I was told that Ford revised the allocations DOWN by 25%, and now my dealer was only receiving 14 allocations!!!

WTH Ford?...

Third: looks like I'm still not getting a MY2021 because of reasons...

Man, I really don't get your frustration. Like Zach said, you are probably talking about weeks to maybe 3 month difference in terms of actual delivery date variance here...All with price lock and MY refreshes. And most importantly, you've got a pretty good idea on window for your delivery right now.

Some of us don't know:
  • Our dealer's total allocation (because they refuse to tell us)
  • What number we are in line (because they refuse to tell us)
At least you have some information...

OP
OP
Lab00Rat

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok. Say what you want. Lots of dealers got less allocations than their estimate. Lots of dealers got more than their estimate.

Dude, there has been no reduction in dealer allocation. None. Zero. Zilch.

They all got an ā€œestimateā€ which you took as gospel, and maybe they did too. The estimate was not equal to the final allocation, and that was true for almost every dealer including yours. Nobody paying attention expected it to be. Look up ā€œestimateā€ and see what you come up with...
I'm not misunderstanding to the extent you're implying.

The allocation calculation was based on three factors, two of them known. Only if the dealer converted Zero orders, the allocation number would drop by 25%. Therefore, the initial allocation calculation was not followed by Ford.

• 50% of reservations will be fulfilled based on a calculation using the dealers number of bronco reservations (KNOWN NUMBER)
  • 25% of reservations will be fulfilled based on a calculation using the dealers sales volume (UNKNOWN NUMBER)
  • 25% of the reservations will be fulfilled based on a calculation using the sales of jeeps/4Runners in market (KNOWN NUMBER)

Therefore, to lose 25% of the allocations from the estimate, zero orders would have been converted. This was not the case because more than the allocation number was converted at my dealer.

Something is not adding up in this situation and to say that I don't understand is disingenuous to the conversation.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It sucks to find out, but yeah, this isn't new, except to you I guess. It was widely discussed around here at least that this scenario could play out at any given dealer.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not misunderstanding to the extent you're implying.

The allocation calculation was based on three factors, two of them known. Only if the dealer converted Zero orders, the allocation number would drop by 25%. Therefore, the initial allocation calculation was not followed by Ford.

• 50% of reservations will be fulfilled based on a calculation using the dealers number of bronco reservations (KNOWN NUMBER)
  • 25% of reservations will be fulfilled based on a calculation using the dealers sales volume (UNKNOWN NUMBER)
  • 25% of the reservations will be fulfilled based on a calculation using the sales of jeeps/4Runners in market (KNOWN NUMBER)

Therefore, to lose 25% of the allocations from the estimate, zero orders would have been converted. This was not the case because more than the allocation number was converted at my dealer.

Something is not adding up in this situation and to say that I don't understand is disingenuous to the conversation.
Maybe Iā€™m misunderstanding something in the translation, but thatā€™s not how the allocation formula has been conveyed.

The percentages are only how the formula is weighted, not what actual number of broncos in the allocation correspond to each. So, 50% of the formula weight comes from the conversionsā€¦ itā€™s not that 50% of final allocation is based on conversions.

Basically, ā€œ1 Conversion Unitā€œ will have twice as much influence on the output of the allocation formula as ā€œ1 Sales Volume Unitā€ or ā€œ1 Competitive Market Unit.ā€

Ford Bronco New Allocation Adjustment by Ford - Needs Valadation Allocation Memo Formula

Without knowing exactly what the formula is, itā€™s impossible to say that what youā€™ve observed with your dealer is inconsistent with it.

Also, I just found this in another Ford document:

Ford Bronco New Allocation Adjustment by Ford - Needs Valadation Allocation Estimate vs Actual
Sponsored

Last edited: