Flip17

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't think its a new shortage, just a continuation. The chips are not being manufactured as quickly as predicted.

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

bigedizzle

Black Diamond
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge st and a 2017 Fiesta st
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dang after reading this I will no longer even think of complaining about my situation (In prod for my MY22 since 1/18). May the force be with you brother.
Day 1 reservation, converted it myself at my dealership on the first day. It was the last to get pulled for 2021 and has been on I guess spring mountain now waiting on chips since 12/6/22. Supposedly all 2021's were to be shipped by 3/31/22 but mine still says awaiting shipment, and every way I know of searching gives me nothing.

Flip17

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
IDK, I personally would rather not have my brand new bronco produced sitting in a lot in the sun and rain waiting for a chip
Well, yeah... but its not like they asked us before they did it. And at this point if we refuse delivery we are waiting 12-18 months to get back to this point.

Jhopkinson

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 4dr SAS, 22 Base 2dr SAS, 2021 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So you are saying that Ford should be sending daily emails to everone who placed an order...for hundreds of thousands of people, telling them what is happening today?

I think they should go back to "When you car is at the dealership, they will call you".

All this "hold my hand" stuff sure gets old...
Perhaps they can bring back the Model T as well. =)

Osky305

Wildtrak
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone know if there is an actual shortage again? There are now 270 of us with similar model/trim stuck “in production”. That doesn’t include all the other model/trims that are also stuck as well as those “built” and now on plant hold. Something is going on!

- I’ve been in Production for over a month, and Ford Chat tells me I’m built and they see no constraints noted.
Son I been in production since mid January and I don't know the hell is going on . I don't where my bronco is. Ford doesn't tell me anything , my dealer doesn't tell me anything , I spoken to god and he doesn't even tell me anything . Im flying in the dark
@Ford Motor Company

Sponsored

jubangas

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No problem... (y) But while you contact CS...try to figure out what step your Bronco is in, why it hasn't moved to the next step...what it holding it up, why you can't find an answer to your questions...wondering when it will move on some tracker, etc..., I will be enjoying my days and when I get a call from my salesperson to come get my Bronco, I will. Any additional emails from Ford to try to keep me updated is just gravy on top.
I'm lucky in that I converted a 7/21 reservation to an order in 12/21, and am part of the 3/21/22 build week, so take this with a grain of salt. I'm expecting a child in October, and it's been fun (to me, likely not her) to give her the updates on the Bronco as she gives me the updates on our baby. It's fun and exciting to get updates when things are progessing (and I was delayed in my build week by a week). It's fun learning the rail car routes and how convoys work. Again, I get that I'm lucky with my place in line, but what this tells me is that if things were going smoothly, it would be a lot of fun for everyone to be able to track their vehicle.

Also, Ford allows the tracking for a reason. It likely increases their bottom line by stopping those on the cusp from going elsewhere. They are a capitalist company, of course.

jubangas

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This👆 Nobody is saying anything about the MIC tops lately! Unless they have made huge production gains on the tops there is going to be big differences. When they produce 1k or so Broncos a week but only 250 or 300 tops, that’s probably the biggest issue. Yet you never hear anything about the top production anymore. I wonder why
There were more than 5k Broncos in the 3/21/22 build week. Of those that participated in the spreadsheet, 72% were MIC. Limited numbers were in the spreadsheet compared to the total builds, but it seems clear that the MIC constraint is not at 300 tops/week.

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This👆 Nobody is saying anything about the MIC tops lately! Unless they have made huge production gains on the tops there is going to be big differences. When they produce 1k or so Broncos a week but only 250 or 300 tops, that’s probably the biggest issue. Yet you never hear anything about the top production anymore. I wonder why
Webasto opened a second plant in MI. I don’t think anyone really knows if it even still is a constraint.

BassMaster

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well.....I've been in production since 1/14.... so there's that
Mine was in production since Jan. 14 as well and I got moved to
“shipped to dealer “ three days ago. Hopefully you aren’t far behind.

BassMaster

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
So you are saying that Ford should be sending daily emails to everone who placed an order...for hundreds of thousands of people, telling them what is happening today?

I think they should go back to "When you car is at the dealership, they will call you".

Ford wouldn’t be

Ford would not be in this position if they had not made the decision to rely on a seven thousand mile long supply chain to save a buck by using third world country cheap labor for critical components. Ford is estimated to lose one million units of production this year due to parts shortages. They owes their customers timely information and if they can’t deliver what they are selling they should say so. Maybe all the automakers will learn from this and build their parts here but with corporate Americas race to the bottom I doubt it.
Sponsored