First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone know if there is an actual shortage again? There are now 270 of us with similar model/trim stuck “in production”. That doesn’t include all the other model/trims that are also stuck as well as those “built” and now on plant hold. Something is going on!

- I’ve been in Production for over a month, and Ford Chat tells me I’m built and they see no constraints noted.
Last year I was in production in July and finally built in September, then delivered in October. Hold ups are common.

BIg B. Bronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I feel the exact same way as you about this whole thing, even though this is obviously a very different scenario than the wait on a normal ordered vehicle. Obsessively checking in on the truck is going to do nothing other than stress the buyer out, stress the dealer out, and make the wait feel even longer.

Dealer gave me my VIN and build week a while back, have not once pulled up the pizza tracker to date... Called after my build week ended to see if I should make arrangements to go pick it up soon, got told it was delayed. Once the next estimated build week passes I'll call again to see if I should make arrangements or keep waiting.

I'd love for mine to be parked at my house as much as the next guy, but life goes on. No need to worry myself to death over a nonexistent truck!
So, why are you reading this thread?

Evergreen

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Zero FXS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So, why are you reading this thread?
Why am I reading this thread? Because it was on the front page and I wanted to see what the general conversation was. I replied because I wanted to offer the perspective that the wait and delays ruin can your day if you check in on it relentlessly. Staying away from the obsessive checking has helped turn my frustrating wait into me being excited for my truck again, maybe that advice will help someone else.

To me that seems like a decent reason to read and contribute to this thread... At least a better reason than showing up to drop an inflammatory one liner on a comment from 3 pages back ;)

BIg B. Bronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Why am I reading this thread? Because it was on the front page and I wanted to see what the general conversation was. I replied because I wanted to offer the perspective that the wait and delays ruin can your day if you check in on it relentlessly. Staying away from the obsessive checking has helped turn my frustrating wait into me being excited for my truck again, maybe that advice will help someone else.

To me that seems like a decent reason to read and contribute to this thread... At least a better reason than showing up to drop an inflammatory one liner on a comment from 3 pages back ;)
No harm meant. I really just wanted to know. I myself joined the forum trying to get information on where my Bronco was in the ordering process. Honestly I wish I could be like you and stop the obsessive checking every day but that probably won’t happen for me. You may have a point about my comment, the process has changed the way I post on here. My sunshine and rainbows have all but disappeared. You have all the right in the world to post any view and opinion you want. As far as the three pages back, well I work all day and I catch up on the forum after work. I read and comment as I come upon something. Kinda thought that’s how this worked. Honestly, I meant no harm but I can see why you took it that way. Looking forward to the day we can both be on a what did you do with your Bronco today thread. ✌🏻

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tcbbronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So you are saying that Ford should be sending daily emails to everone who placed an order...for hundreds of thousands of people, telling them what is happening today?

I think they should go back to "When you car is at the dealership, they will call you".

All this "hold my hand" stuff sure gets old...
I mean it is a pretty big purchase and many people may need a vehicle. Its 2022, Amazon can tell you when a bag of candy is coming, not a stretch to think multibillion dollar car maker could occasionally touch base. Bet they communicate better when its time to cash the checks.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The short answer is YES. The actual answer as to what's holding up your Bronco is you'll never get a straight answer. It could be anything but Ford will most likely blame the delay on the CHIP shortage.
And honestly this canned answer makes sense since it’s going to take as long as it’s going to take whether we know what’s holding it up or not…

Saltlife4shore

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So you are saying that Ford should be sending daily emails to everone who placed an order...for hundreds of thousands of people, telling them what is happening today?

I think they should go back to "When you car is at the dealership, they will call you".

All this "hold my hand" stuff sure gets old...
Ain't that the truth.

Landin536

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
More chip shortages to come. Germany, one of the other larger chip manufacturer, needs specialized gases to make semi-conductor chips that usually is supplied from Ukraine... All German car manufacturers have decrease expectations on auto production...

https://www.einnews.com/pr_news/564...-term-shortage-of-semiconductor-neon-supplies
I was getting ready to reply the same, but wanted to see if anyone else said it first. But yes, you nailed it on the head.

Approximately 50% of the global semiconductor grade neon is produced out of one of two companies in the Ukraine. This shortage will continue to get worse before it gets any better.
Ford Bronco New Chip Shortage? 9808B868-71D6-4321-9CBE-398F73475A03

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I mean it is a pretty big purchase and many people may need a vehicle. Its 2022, Amazon can tell you when a bag of candy is coming, not a stretch to think multibillion dollar car maker could occasionally touch base. Bet they communicate better when its time to cash the checks.
In the grand scheme of things, a $50k vehicle isn’t a major purchase. Is Amazon building that bag of candy, with literally thousands of components needing to come together? Tracking a package through a few transfers isn’t exactly rocket science.

If someone “needs” a vehicle, there are countless ways to have a vehicle in a matter of days, if not the same day. I have traded-in a vehicle and bought a new one in a matter of hours. Nobody “needs” a Bronco…this is nothing more than a “want”.

Sponsored

Tonyxlee

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lexus LX600 F Sport, 2018 GMC Sierra Denali
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
1/18/2022 build date. For some reason my dealer in Texas keeps saying May 9-14 delivery 🤔

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone know if there is an actual shortage again? There are now 270 of us with similar model/trim stuck “in production”. That doesn’t include all the other model/trims that are also stuck as well as those “built” and now on plant hold. Something is going on!

- I’ve been in Production for over a month, and Ford Chat tells me I’m built and they see no constraints noted.
It's not new, it's ongoing. And it's going to be ongoing until Covid lifts, raw materials free up, on-shore chip fabs come online. Time frame? Years TBD.

jimsgunshop

Outer Banks
First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks in Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

i have a outer banks in production since 4/4 now says built for the last 2 weeks but nothing on shipping window tag changed 2 weeks ago to rail have said convoy prior im in tampa fl its a 2.7 soft top high package with trailer group! no idea why its still sitting salesman is clueless and no help at all

roman911

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis GV80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i placed my order 1/17/22 got a call from my dealer today... production began 4/8/22 will be completed 4/25/22 shipped by first week of may.....makes zero sense to me....
Sponsored