Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

compare Raptor FSB.png

I don't think this is a new FSB any more than I did the first day I saw it, but there are a bunch of "articles" out there claiming it is. So I'll stir the pot some more and maybe we can help force Ford's hand to clear some things up about what the Bronco is going to be like.
PLEASE

PLEASE THIS

Give it the angled B-pillar of the older one, too

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know why everyone is so quick to dismiss this as a full-size Bronco. Is it a long shot . . . definitely. Is it impossible or off the table . . . hell no! In fact to me it makes more sense then a short wheelbase Raptor. That bed is so ridiculously short it doesn't even make sense. Even if they wanted to make a single cab Raptor that bed and wheelbase to me is too short.

With this idea of Ford creating a Bronco line up this would blow the doors off an auto show introducing the Bronco. This would elevate this "Bronco line up" to epic proportions. Giving consumers all the choices they want with three different sized and intended vehicles. It's a much better idea then making a short stubby Raptor.

Now having said all that. Will it happen. Probably not. I think it might take away too much from the midsize Bronco they have been focused on all these years and they would want the most dollar return on that vehicle. As splitting it with a full-size would diminish sales for each platforms and make it less profitable for both. But we can have fun dreaming.

One more thing. Does anyone else think it's odd we have only seen the T6 looking mule with ONE wheelbase? You would think at this point we would see two different length mules if it is indeed true we are getting four and two door models.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jake_zx2

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't know why everyone is so quick to dismiss this as a full-size Bronco. Is it a long shot . . . definitely. Is it impossible or off the table . . . hell no! In fact to me it makes more sense then a short wheelbase Raptor. That bed is so ridiculously short it doesn't even make sense. Even if they wanted to make a single cab Raptor that bed and wheelbase to me is too short.

With this idea of Ford creating a Bronco line up this would blow the doors off an auto show introducing the Bronco. This would elevate this "Bronco line up" to epic proportions. Giving consumers all the choices they want with three different sized and intended vehicles. It's a much better idea then making a short stubby Raptor.
This would be awesome. I'd love 3 new entries in the Bronco division

Now having said all that. Will it happen. Probably not. I think it might take away too much from the midsize Bronco they have been focused on all these years and they would want the most dollar return on that vehicle. As splitting it with a full-size would diminish sales for each platforms and make it less profitable for both. But we can have fun dreaming.
I honestly couldn't see it being too awful for sales. Some people (offroaders in particular) will probably spring for the smaller, ranger-based models, while people who are looking for more of a people-carrier and tow rig that can also go offroad (like myself) will be buyers of the FSB. It worked well for the Bronco and Bronco II, so I could see it working well for this generation!

One more thing. Does anyone else think it's odd we have only seen the T6 looking mule with ONE wheelbase? You would think at this point we would see two different length mules if it is indeed true we are getting four and two door models.[/QUOTE]

This is an interesting thought... maybe the 4 door is more similar chassis and wheelbase-wise to a ranger, so it doesn't need as much significant testing as the significantly modified one? just a thought

Sponsored

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I honestly couldn't see it being too awful for sales. Some people (offroaders in particular) will probably spring for the smaller, ranger-based models, while people who are looking for more of a people-carrier and tow rig that can also go offroad (like myself) will be buyers of the FSB. It worked well for the Bronco and Bronco II, so I could see it working well for this generation!
True but it seems they are going to go that rout still but with this baby Bronco thing basically being the Bronco II. To Ford it might seem redundant to have a full-size but to me it makes way more sense then to have a third option with a single cab short Raptor. It's all so strange I just really don't understand that mule at all.

This is an interesting thought... maybe the 4 door is more similar chassis and wheelbase-wise to a ranger, so it doesn't need as much significant testing as the significantly modified one? just a thought
Good point you're probably right.

loubif

Threads
Reaction score
Just IMHO, under the Bronco moniker 1) baby Bronco for the more economical/affordable DD 2) 2 & 4 door under the tarp ranger based bronco with solid front axles 3) Raptor based Bronco based on the F-150 with IFS giving all potential buyers a wide variety of options. First is for those that want a more capable CUV than the current Escape, second is for those that want a TRUE off-roader to take on whatever obstacles that are encountered with the styling and off road capabilities of the original Bronco, and the third is for those that want a larger, more baja version that follows the path that the F-150 Raptor and Raptor Ranger have created. Personally the first gen and FSB hold a special place, one because it reminds me that Ford at one time produced a vehicle with all if not more of the capabilities of the modern Jeep Wrangler and the second because of its full size, its V-8 and comfort...for some reason it just makes sense to me to offer options that wouldn't cancel each other out. I hope that this is what Ford is trying to create, a Bronco family of vehicles leaving the choices to the buyer in question.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
....second is for those that want a TRUE off-roader to take on whatever obstacles that are encountered with the styling and off road capabilities of the original Bronco, and the third is for those that want a larger, more baja version that follows the path that the F-150 Raptor and Raptor Ranger have created. ...of its full size, its V-8 and comfort....
If anything, the classic EB styled unit would get the V8.

Any Raptor version Bronco is sure to get a turbo Ecoboost like the others, or whatever "halo" hybrid they might come up with that has silly combined HP and torque to help make other future hybrids seem more desirable. The current HO 3.5 helped prove the worthiness of the Ecoboost line for enthusiasts -- so I can definitely see Ford trying the same strategy with a new hybrid that can do a 4-wheel peel.

OP
OP
Jake_zx2

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If anything, the classic EB styled unit would get the V8.

Any Raptor version Bronco is sure to get a turbo Ecoboost like the others, or whatever "halo" hybrid they might come up with that has silly combined HP and torque to help make other future hybrids seem more desirable. The current HO 3.5 helped prove the worthiness of the Ecoboost line for enthusiasts -- so I can definitely see Ford trying the same strategy with a new hybrid that can do a 4-wheel peel.
This seems kinda backwards to me

Logic would say that the platform already optimized for a V8 would get the V8, and the one optimized for a smaller ecoboost would get that. I highly doubt that the ranger-based bronco will get a V8... hell, we'd be lucky if we got a V6 in that

loubif

Threads
Reaction score
Thinking out loud here but I think baby B will probably get a small 4, the under the tarp B will get either the 2.3T and/or the 2.7TT and the big boy B would probably get the 3.5TT, with Ford announcing that V8 production is being ramped down our hopes and dreams for a V8 Bronco in either the under the tarp B or BBB (big boy bronco if it even happens) is vanishing like a fart in the wind.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Big bronco isn’t happening.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just blew up my bubble and you had to burst it...we can only hope, wouldn't mind a single cab short box Raptor either.
All I’ll say this that Ford was testing a short bed/ single cab raptor for a reason. That’s completely 100% unrelated to the Bronco.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This seems kinda backwards to me ...
Plenty of people said that about the 3.5 V6 EB from the start, but now that it has become the 'premium' option, it seems very unlikely that Ford would change course, unless it was to prove another technology like hybridization which people would be similarly reluctant to take at first, but if it offered 500hp and 650lbft of torque you can bet that enough would for Ford to make its point and drive home sales of millions of smaller hybrids in other models. That is the purpose of the Raptor in Ford's lineup.

The V8 is purely for aesthetic purposes, not performance, just like the EB styleization. Those two would go together because they serve the same customer. All of the restomod companies doing Broncos have proved that is the desirable combo -- virtually none of them offer anything else. Ford would make other offerings of course, for CAFE reasons, but it would be silly not to option it.

Jimmy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fronty/ FiST/ Z
Your Bronco Model
Base
NEW Small Bronco-Explorer/Ranger based....
NEW Large Bronco-F150 based...

Just like 25 years ago. Or is it? I hope it is. Would love a full -size 2 door Bronco with a 5.0., just like I drove in the 80's.

Ford has some holes to fill since they apparently no longer want to build cars besides the Mustang and Ford GT.
Sponsored