New full size Bronco spy pics / info???

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah...I'm sure the four door Bronco will sell more. But I'll still scoff at one when I see it. haha!
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really think Ford is missing a big opportunity here. I admit it wasn't even on my radar much before this mule thing. However, it makes so much sense and would elevate the Bronco name even higher and be a total juggernaut in the off-road SUV game. Not only that but it would satisfy everyone. I'm more into a midsize myself but there is still a big demand for a full-size with bigger power and room. As long as gas prices don't go higher at least.

I think we are focusing a bit too much on the towing aspect. As long as it can tow over 5,000 lbs I think it would be fine. I don't see many Raptors towing much. I think most people that want a FS Bronco want it for the extra power and space. People enjoy Bronco's for mud and yes even Raptor type baja stuff. Making a Raptor-esque Bronco wouldn't take much from Ford and I guarantee people will love them and it will take the Bronco name to an even higher level. If Ford is making a brand or line up focusing on the Bronco name then this just makes even more sense. What a bad ass presence a FS Raptor looking Bronco would be. People will buy them just for that alone. Having a Bronco that can be economical and family friendly ( Baby Bronco ), a Bronco that can take on any trail ( T6 ), and a Bronco ( FS ) that can power through mud and the dessert offers everything. The Bronco would change the game and truly take the crown from Jeep. Not just compete with them.

Even if this isn't on Fords radar right now, it should be. If they are going to continue to build Raptors why not make a Bronco version. The price to do this even if they don't sell a ton of them is worth it just for this reason of giving the Bronco name that kind of clout and range. In doing so taking the throne of off-road vehicles.
The problem with having a “high speed” Bronco is that the MINIMUM good wheelbase for a pre-runner is 125”. That would be a long ass Bronco. Just for reference, the F-150 raptor has a 145” wheelbase.

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'd actually rather no Bronco if they didn't have the 2 door option.

If Ford does this rumored 4 door Mustang...I'll "scoff" at that too.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I still haven’t seen a justification for why Ford should invest in a full size bronco. We’ve already established it wouldn’t tow well, would be worse off road than a small bronco, wouldn’t be a good pre-runner, or as good of a work vehicle as an F-150. It’s never happening. Crew cab pickups killed the FSB, they’ve never hinted at it coming back in any way, and it’s not coming back.

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'll take the new Bronco any way Ford lets me have it. I maybe a traditionalist and like a two better but who know a four door Bronco my actually fit my family better. Hell I never thought I would in the past but I did just buy a Ranger SuperCrew because it was a better fit for my lifestyle as it is now. If Ford believes there's a market for a full size Bronco then Ford will bring it out but I'm sure they'll look at the impact it would have on Expedition sales.

Sponsored

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The market for the FSB would be whitespace, with no competition. In some ways that's good, but it also means it is more difficult to judge how much demand there would be. Big vehicles for both weight and power are more sensitive to economic contractions, with higher prices, and to fuel price fluctuations.

Customers with hauling and people capacity desires for a vehicle that the FSB would be marketed toward, would be even more prone to sticking with 4 door options, and the Expedition and Tahoe/Yukon still have most of the properties a FSB could offer. Size, comfort, power, capacity. The only thing a FSB would be bringing to the table would be off road capability, and it doesn't seem like many of those current models are being sold with their respective off-road packages (FX4 etc.).
That whitespace is exactly why it would sell. The Raptor itself was a whitespace before it came out. It was really just made for the south west of the US and was a bit of a gable by Ford to produce. It's a niche vehicle. Just like the a Bronco Raptor would be but it will still sell. The reason why is that the niche the Bronco would fill would arguably be even greater then the F150 Raptor. As the rest of the country and world more need a powerful short wheelbase for mud, snow, and just more room for an excursion ( no pun intended ). The only down side to a Raptor Bronco is that it wouldn't do as well in the dessert like the longer Raptor would. However, that hasn't stopped anyone from turning Broncos into baja race trucks now. I live in southern California and there are a ton of them out here. They are awesome on the sand dunes out here. The other down side is less towing and two doors but this is a recreation niche vehicle. It isn't designed for families and towing. Just like the single cab Raptor isn't.

So if you ask me there is actually more of a market for a Raptor Bronco then there is an F150 Raptor. Will the Bronco Raptor sell more then the F150 Raptor, probably not but it will sell enough to make it worth it for Ford. It wouldn't take much for Ford to do it so why not. The gas issues is always an issues and like I said as long as they are going to make Raptors thats a gamble but if they are then make a Bronco version and if gas prices rise then that sucks and you axe it but at least we still have the T6 Bronco and we still have a FS Bronco at one point that enthusiast can cherish. It will still be an amazing thing that Ford did and still elevate the Bronco name.

Last edited:

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The problem with having a “high speed” Bronco is that the MINIMUM good wheelbase for a pre-runner is 125”. That would be a long ass Bronco. Just for reference, the F-150 raptor has a 145” wheelbase.
I don't mean make a Bronco in the literal sense of it being an actual Raptor built for speed and the desert. I think a Bronco "Raptor" would fill other niches and needs that a Raptor F150 doesn't. That being a shorter wheelbase more trail, mud and snow oriented vehicle. People of course could still use it for desert type things as there are many people that modify FS Broncos for desert racing and sand dunes. Id actually hope they would call the FS Bronco something else then a Raptor as I wouldn't want people to associate it just as that.

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone who thinks Bronco is going to come out as a balls to the wall off road killer doesn't understand the automotive world. It will come out in different levels, as a on the road with good bad weather capabilities, a little harder riding on the road with off road capabilities and a true off road vehicle. Just look at all the different levels of the Wrangler Ford is sure to mirror this successful approach.

Last edited:

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone who thinks Bronco is going to come out as a balls to the wall of road killer doesn't understand the automotive world. It will come out in different levels, as a on the road with good bad weather capabilities, a little harder riding on the road with off road capabilities and a true off road vehicle. Just look at all the different levels of the Wrangler Ford is sure to mirror this successful approach.
Right. Which is exactly why they should create different variants to fill different needs instead of trying to make one Bronco fit all the needs.

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Right. Which is exactly why they should create different variants to fill different needs instead of trying to make one Bronco fit all the needs.
I agree that's why I think a FS bronco makes sense along with a mid size Bronco and the baby Bronco ( Bronco Scout)

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree that's why I think a FS bronco makes sense along with a mid size Bronco and the baby Bronco ( Bronco Scout)
I still have yet to hear someone justify an F-150 Bronco, and I still don’t know why we are talking about it since it is not happening.

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I still have yet to hear someone justify an F-150 Bronco, and I still don’t know why we are talking about it since it is not happening.
Sales justify everything
Sponsored