Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I still have yet to hear someone justify an F-150 Bronco, and I still don’t know why we are talking about it since it is not happening.
Well for one it's just fun. Two, it wouldn't take Ford much to do. Three, is for the many reasons I explained earlier and four, because there is actually a demand for it. Not by me but you'll be surprised how many want a FS Bronco. I only think it makes sinse in a Raptor form as it would be just an enthusiast vehicle.

I'm actually surprised how many people want one. Just look how many people were upset in the comment section of this Youtube vid. Not saying that its everyone but it does show there is a demand for it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We don't as we are more off-road enthusiast but honestly it will sell more then a FS Bronco will. The masses will enjoy an economical family friendly more. That's still not to say that there wont be a solid demand for a FS and make it worth while for Ford.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you think a full size Bronco would sell more than a cheaper CUV with decent off-road prowess I’ve got a bridge to sell you. Jeep is the only one in that game and they sell an absolute fuck ton of Cherokees/renegades for good reason. There’s no competition so Ford wants in. It’s not a vehicle category that doesn’t exist like a FSB because nobody wants a 2 door full size truck. Hence why EVERY F-150 you see is a 4 door.

Sales justify everything
And the FSB wouldn’t sell.

Well for one it's just fun. Two, it wouldn't take Ford much to do. Three, is for the many reasons I explained earlier and four, because there is actually a demand for it. Not by me but you'll be surprised how many want a FS Bronco. I only think it makes since in a Raptor form as it would be just an enthusiast vehicle.

I'm actually surprised how many people want one. Just look how many people were upset in the comment section of this Youtube vid. Not saying that its everyone but it does show there is a demand for it.
1. It’s fun

That is not a reason for spending millions of dollars to retool and develop an entirely new vehicle. Ford is simplifying their lineup not expanding it in ways that has SO much overlap. A full size Bronco has overlap with the raptor, the FX4 expedition, FX4 F-150’s, AND the midsize Bronco. That is way too much for Ford and it makes it impractical to create it.

2. Claiming it wouldn’t take much for Ford to do is simply not true. If that was true why didn’t the Bronco come out with the Ranger? There are a lot of changes that come with turning a truck into an SUV.

3. As I’ve stayed, 99% of people who want a “full size Bronco” are going to be 100% happy with the ranger bronco. At this point Ford could put “Bronco” on the 2020 explorer and they’d sell a fuck ton of units. They are committed to reimagining the 1st gen, highly desirable and capable Broncos. The later gens are so much less well regarded and just not as cool frankly. Hence why they won’t, and ARE NOT building a FSB.

timmedo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus LS460
Well, a full size F-150 frame based vehicle with a covered back seat and storage is exactly what I'm looking for. Oh, that sounds like an F150 based bronco. I'm all in. This is an area where there is nothing like it on the market. It's a full size truck, with room for 5, that can hold stuff behind the rear seat (all covered and secured), AND can fit in my garage... All the 4 door trucks are too big and long for what I want... I hope ford comes thru with it...

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you think a full size Bronco would sell more than a cheaper CUV with decent off-road prowess I’ve got a bridge to sell you. Jeep is the only one in that game and they sell an absolute fuck ton of Cherokees/renegades for good reason. There’s no competition so Ford wants in. It’s not a vehicle category that doesn’t exist like a FSB because nobody wants a 2 door full size truck. Hence why EVERY F-150 you see is a 4 door.

And the FSB wouldn’t sell.

1. It’s fun

That is not a reason for spending millions of dollars to retool and develop an entirely new vehicle. Ford is simplifying their lineup not expanding it in ways that has SO much overlap. A full size Bronco has overlap with the raptor, the FX4 expedition, FX4 F-150’s, AND the midsize Bronco. That is way too much for Ford and it makes it impractical to create it.

2. Claiming it wouldn’t take much for Ford to do is simply not true. If that was true why didn’t the Bronco come out with the Ranger? There are a lot of changes that come with turning a truck into an SUV.

3. As I’ve stayed, 99% of people who want a “full size Bronco” are going to be 100% happy with the ranger bronco. At this point Ford could put “Bronco” on the 2020 explorer and they’d sell a fuck ton of units. They are committed to reimagining the 1st gen, highly desirable and capable Broncos. The later gens are so much less well regarded and just not as cool frankly. Hence why they won’t, and ARE NOT building a FSB.
Know it all.jpg

Sponsored

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. It’s fun

I meant fun in terms of talking about it and speculating. I agree that it's probably too much overlap but again if they are going to continue to make Raptors that dig into the F150 market why not a Bronco version.

You're saying it would costs Ford too much money is indeed a good argument against it. However, the reason why the Bronco didn't come out with the Ranger is because the Bronco is going to be it's own vehicle just based on the frame of the Ranger but that's it. A Bronco "Raptor" wouldn't have to make as many changes and be less expensive and easier to make. How much easier and cheaper is debatable.

People will like the T6 Bronco. That would still remain the focal point and the most desired. The masses will buy the Baby Bronco and enthusiast will buy a fullsize Raptor inspired Bronco just as well as enthusiast buy F150 Raptors. If Ford could create it without too much extra money then I think its worth it.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the reason Ford would sell a decent amount of FS Broncos. There is no competition out there for it and that's not to say there isn't a demand for it. There are plenty of half cab F150's and Raptors out there but even those are too long for trail enthusiast. There is a huge demand for Jeep to make a single cab Gladiator for this reason.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I meant fun in terms of talking about it and speculating. I agree that it's probably too much overlap but again if they are going to continue to make Raptors that dig into the F150 market why not a Bronco version.

You're saying it would costs Ford too much money is indeed a good argument against it. However, the reason why the Bronco didn't come out with the Ranger is because the Bronco is going to be it's own vehicle just based on the frame of the Ranger but that's it. A Bronco "Raptor" wouldn't have to make as many changes and be less expensive and easier to make. How much easier and cheaper is debatable.

People will like the T6 Bronco. That would still remain the focal point and the most desired. The masses will buy the Baby Bronco and enthusiast will buy a fullsize Raptor inspired Bronco just as well as enthusiast buy F150 Raptors. If Ford could create it without too much extra money then I think its worth it.
I don't think it's fun to speculate about a FSB at all, because all it does is lead to even more misinformation about what the Bronco is going to be. We know it is not currently in the plans, they are not testing a full size Bronco, and Ford has specifically stated the Bronco is based on the ranger. Talking about full-size Bronco is getting away from what this forum is about, the 6th gen Bronco that actually exists. And you say that the "enthusiasts" will buy the "fullsize raptor bronco" when the T6 Bronco is going to be for the enthusiast. There just isn't a niche that the FSB fills that I have seen that justifies Ford creating it, and evidently Ford agrees because they are NOT building one.

This is the reason Ford would sell a decent amount of FS Broncos. There is no competition out there for it and that's not to say there isn't a demand for it. There are plenty of half cab F150's and Raptors out there but even those are too long for trail enthusiast. There is a huge demand for Jeep to make a single cab Gladiator for this reason.
This is literally what the T6 Bronco is for. Width matters a lot on a trail, and a full size truck is wide as hell.

Well Ford, who are experts in their field, have decided you are wrong and that there is enough of a market.

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't think it's fun to speculate about a FSB at all, because all it does is lead to even more misinformation about what the Bronco is going to be.
We know absolutely nothing about the Bronco except Ford says it's going to be T-6 Ranger based. Who knows maybe the reason it's taking so long for the Bronco to come out is Ford decided to change to being based on the F150.

OP
OP
Jake_zx2

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Honestly, if they could make a 2 door FSB that had the same towing capacity as the 4 door T6, I'd be MUCH more inclined to buy a 2 door. Only reason I want a 4 door T6 is because the towing capacity should be enough for what I need, but I don't think the 2 door would be

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jake_zx2

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Seriously, I know I tend to be a bit of a know-it-all, but at least it's usually in regard to ACTUAL cars and not just speculation on a car that hasn't even been released yet.

Shit, with the way this guy talks, you'd think that he owns Ford and knows every single thing there is to be known about every single concept vehicle!

Also, you keep saying "you don't see the market for it"... well, this last 10 pages of ecstatic enthusiasts is the market. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Alright I’m done arguing about this because clearly nobody is listening. If you guys want to know what this mule is I even got permission from my buddy. The RCSB Raptor? It’s a tester for a possible F-150 tremor type product. That’s it. Not a bronco. Full-size bronco is not happening, has never been part of the plan, and the bronco mule we’ve been seeing around is not the baby bronco it is the actual bronco. Trying to claim I know more than I think I do is being pretty obtuse. We have had confirmation that Ford is going after Jeep, they have stated it is a midsize, it’s being built in the ranger plant, if you have been following this forum AT ALL it is pretty obvious the Bronco is ranger based. And trying to claim that the delay is because they switched platforms is absolutely ridiculous. It’s been a 2021 model year from the beginning, it’s just been delayed from July 2020-December.

If you want good solid info my buddy confirmed that the person who wrote this post works closely if not directly on the bronco and is accurate info. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/u725-2021-my-ford-bronco-information.579/

Last edited:

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also, you keep saying "you don't see the market for it"... well, this last 10 pages of ecstatic enthusiasts is the market. ...
To be fair, half a page of that is from me, and I don't want a full-size, at all.

Full-size is for superduty tow vehicles...

We know absolutely nothing about the Bronco except Ford says it's going to be T-6 Ranger based. Who knows maybe the reason it's taking so long for the Bronco to come out is Ford decided to change to being based on the F150.
I hope to god that's not the case, it will take 15 more years to launch.

That is one of the few things we do know. Ford execs have said it repeatedly at press events.

Just read some of the other thread here, there are several quotes from auto shows, on video.

Along those same lines we also know the baby/Maverick/Scout whatever the heck it will be called will share a platform with the Escape.

If there was any chance of a FSB, it would be in addition to the two above vehicles, which have been finalized for months now, and probably be the last of them to launch.
Sponsored