First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And it's damn irritating where the real deal. This thing is turning into another GT500 deal long and drawn out
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
And it's damn irritating where the real deal. This thing is turning into another GT500 deal long and drawn out
Well the good thing is that Ford is pretty much done unveiling everything that's a 2020 model year. 2021 stuff is what's next, but they want the focus to be on the new Super Duty and Explorer right now. Bronco's time is almost here!

78CreamBrownie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, It was shown at a dealer meeting, but Ford made them sign NDAs/swear to secrecy and didn't let anyone bring in any phones or cameras. The reaction was very positive based on what little those in attendance were able to say. There was a thread on it here if you search.

Edit: Here's the link: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...th-retro-styling-removable-top-and-doors.703/

Do you have a link to said rumors?
Thanks for clearing that up. I thought there was another meeting that nothing had leaked yet.

OP
OP
Jake_zx2

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The problem with the GT500 is it wasn't very innovative for how damn long it took Ford to reveal it. It was mostly a tuned GT350 with a supercharger.

Hopefully the Bronco is MUCH more than a rebodied ranger... that would make the wait worth it

mikonrad

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fiesta SFE, Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well the good thing is that Ford is pretty much done unveiling everything that's a 2020 model year. 2021 stuff is what's next, but they want the focus to be on the new Super Duty and Explorer right now. Bronco's time is almost here!
This reminds of the "timeline" biz that was mentioned a few months back. Several sites brought this up but it looks like they all go back to an OffRoad.com article back in 12/2018. This article claims that OR got a hold of a Ford reveal timeline that reflects the Explorer being revealed first and the big news was that the new F150 would be reveled before the Bronco. The Explorer was already revealed early this year and it looks like the F150 has been pretty active under camo (looks like it was with the Bronco out in Colorado). Here's a link to the F150 sighting (which has become more well known lately but this particular link is at the same time as the Bronco sightings).

If we go by the timeline, the F150 is next. Wouldn't be a bad idea to consider possible reveal opportunities coming up. I really hope this F150 is reveled this summer to leave some space for a possible Bronco reveal in SEMA or LA auto show. If not a reveal, I'd be happy with a substantial update from Ford.

Here's the Off-Road article about the "timeline".

https://www.off-road.com/blog/2018/12/19/well-see-a-new-f-series-before-we-see-the-new-bronco/

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This reminds of the "timeline" biz that was mentioned a few months back. Several sites brought this up but it looks like they all go back to an OffRoad.com article ... ...
During one of the auto show press events by Ford, one of the excecs (Heinrichs?) listed off about seven models and the order which they were planned to be revealed. Bronco and the electric mustang inspired car were last, but it clearly wasn't a comprehensive list, because the baby/Maverick/Scout wasn't mentioned.

mikonrad

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fiesta SFE, Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

During one of the auto show press events by Ford, one of the excecs (Heinrichs?) listed off about seven models and the order which they were planned to be revealed. Bronco and the electric mustang inspired car were last, but it clearly wasn't a comprehensive list, because the baby/Maverick/Scout wasn't mentioned.
AFAIK, the 'baby' Bronco was mentioned as coming a few months before the standard Bronco. That was part of the news in that FL dealer meeting which revealed a prototype of the two door.

https://www.autonews.com/sales/dealers-get-glimpse-bronco-prototype

IMO, that small Bronco is a bit of an anomaly for timeline - you mentioned it wasn't spoken of in the release order you mentioned and it also wasn't mentioned in that Off-Road timeline I posted but it's supposed to release months before the standard Bronco? There may be precident of revealing vehicles out-of-order from actual release dates and maybe that's what we have going on here?

Edit: makes sense that these aren't comprehensive lists but a bit surprising the small bronco wasn't mentioned in both, and it's supposed to release before the standard Bronco. Just odd to me.

For me, an issue is this Bronco is the first upcoming vehicle I've ever had interest in following so this is a bit new to me - trying to follow and interpret timelines and the like. As a result I just have to accept that some of this is just going to be illogical. :)

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The problem with the GT500 is it wasn't very innovative for how damn long it took Ford to reveal it. It was mostly a tuned GT350 with a supercharger.

Sure, except for

New Voodoo block
Longer bolts for the cylinder heads
New gaskets
Additional cooling passages
Different seals

Cylinder heads modified for additional heat and pressure.

Seven Speed Dual-clutch gearbox
Carbon fiber driveshaft

Eight heat exchangers
two for the engine
two for the supercharger
one for the transmission
one for the engine oil
one for the rear axle
one for AC condenser.

Gurney flap for the rear wing
Two-way adjustable wing
Removable splitter wickers
Dive planes
Larger hood vent
Removable aluminum under tray underneath further reduces under-hood pressure.

20" CF wheels that weigh same as GT350 19's
16.5-inch two-piece steel rotors with six-piston calipers up front
14.6-inch rotors with four-piston calipers out back.
Bigger sway bars
Stiffer springs
Adjustable top mounts.

And most impressive, 760 HP with warantee that
runs on a race course all day.

OP
OP
Jake_zx2

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sure, except for

New Voodoo block (recycled from the old car)
Longer bolts for the cylinder heads (wow, so innovative)
New gaskets (who cares)
Additional cooling passages (minor, and still not innovative)
Different seals (who cares)

Cylinder heads modified for additional heat and pressure. (of course a boosted car will need different cylinder heads. Still not innovative)

Seven Speed Dual-clutch gearbox (outsourced and is only rated for 40 more ft lbs than stock, also no manual option)
Carbon fiber driveshaft (recycled from 2013)

Eight heat exchangers (cool, the ZR1 has 13... hell, the Z06 has 9, 6 YEARS AGO)
two for the engine
two for the supercharger
one for the transmission
one for the engine oil
one for the rear axle
one for AC condenser.

Gurney flap for the rear wing (GT350 has that)
Two-way adjustable wing (ZL1 1LE has that)
Removable splitter wickers (ZL1 1LE has that)
Dive planes (Zl1 1LE has that)
Larger hood vent (sounds like something I can do in my garage)
Removable aluminum under tray underneath further reduces under-hood pressure. (been done before)

20" CF wheels that weigh same as GT350 19's (so the same as the 5 year old wheels, just thinner spokes)
16.5-inch two-piece steel rotors with six-piston calipers up front (same as the 5 year old brakes, but an inch bigger diameter)
14.6-inch rotors with four-piston calipers out back. (same as the 5 year old brakes, but bigger)
Bigger sway bars (minor tuning)
Stiffer springs (minor tuning)
Adjustable top mounts. (Zl1 1LE has this)

And most impressive, 760 HP with warantee that (which is less than the Demon AND the less extreme Redeye)
runs on a race course all day.(same with pretty much any of its competitors)
See in parenthesis... as I said, nothing innovative at all

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Jake_zx2 said

Some people have just got to piss on the parade

Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's the whole package that is innovative.

5 tenths faster (maybe more) in the 1/4 than Camaro, but have more downforce (and won't have to use aluminum pucks in suspension for craploads of NVH and zero ride quality).
Bigger brakes than ZR1, for 50 grand less.
Absolute domination on road course over any "domestic" from Italy and within 5% power with 17% less engine cubes.

I guess you probably think this thing I built (for 9$ in 4 hours BTW, wood was left over from pole barn build) to install lighting on 14 foot high ceilings and clean out gutters that high (all over pretty rough terrain since I had no floor in pole barn yet) is just a "wooden step stool", so not really innovative?

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg

Last edited:

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not going to argue that the GT500 is the most innovative car, but looking at it item by item sells it short. What single car has all of those things in one? At a mustang price point? Is it individually line by line innovative? Perhaps not, as a whole package? I am pretty impressed. That whole list, as "non-innovative" as it may be is no doubt difficult to master in production, at a competitive price point.

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's the whole package that is innovative.

5 tenths faster (maybe more) in the 1/4 than Camaro, but have more downforce (and won't have to use aluminum pucks in suspension for craploads of NVH and zero ride quality).
Bigger brakes than ZR1, for 50 grand less.
Absolute domination on road course over any "domestic" from Italy and within 5% power with 17% less engine cubes.

I guess you probably think this thing I built (for 9$ in 4 hours BTW, wood was left over from pole barn build) to install lighting on 14 foot high ceilings and clean out gutters that high (all over pretty rough terrain since I had no floor in pole barn yet) is just a "wooden step stool", so not really innovative?
Bro?! HAha! Awesome!
Sponsored