Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After driving with it for 2 days up 60 mph in about 15 mph winds it sounds pretty quiet. I mainly wanted it for heat and even though it wasn't too cold, the fact that I put my window down when it was 50 yesterday does say a lot for someone like me who is always cold.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dirtydog

Dirtydog

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dirtydog4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak, 2018 Wrangler JLU, 2021 Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Like others, I had to remove a few of the gear shade mounts off to allow for the clearance and installation of this hardware. I really do like this headliner and the zipper wrap in the back. I think that will maintain much better over time. I also really like the magnets for the side flaps - nice touch and helps provide a guide for centering. Nice and snug.

I am not a fan of the 3D printed mounts. One of them snapped on my first pull and it was not that hard. Despite that, I will seriously consider DD shade as a replacement for my gearshade.
Like others, I had to remove a few of the gear shade mounts off to allow for the clearance and installation of this hardware. I really do like this headliner and the zipper wrap in the back. I think that will maintain much better over time. I also really like the magnets for the side flaps - nice touch and helps provide a guide for centering. Nice and snug.

I am not a fan of the 3D printed mounts. One of them snapped on my first pull and it was not that hard. Despite that, I will seriously consider DD shade as a replacement for my gearshade.
We will look after the broken clip. Because this is a new product and we are making adjustments as we go along I need to hear about the durability of these installation brackets we provide. This message is for everyone. Even if you over torque a bolt and crush it let me know. We are still testing different materials that will stand the harshest of abuse. So far we have not had much issue with them, but I want to be on the look out for any future issues.

Mike

Bacon is Life

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX+Sas, 992 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Got the product and very simple install (as others mentioned... no need to remove windows and recline entire top... simply flip back the sunrider portion). Quality seems very good. I bought some Jeep netting from Mike/DD years ago... good to see you guys still around and making great products.
Wind noise is decreased and I'm fairly certain this will help insulate the cabin from the cold. I can see myself taking this along on road trips to reduce the highway drone... quick/easy to take on/off.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Ford Bronco New product release: Dirtydog 4x4 Headliner for Soft Top IMG_0248

Ford Bronco New product release: Dirtydog 4x4 Headliner for Soft Top IMG_0253

Ford Bronco New product release: Dirtydog 4x4 Headliner for Soft Top IMG_0249

Last edited:

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has the Bronco6g discount code expired

bhb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has the Bronco6g discount code expired
It didnt work when I ordered a few days ago. Not a big deal for me - based on the reviews, it'll still be worth it.

Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It didnt work when I ordered a few days ago. Not a big deal for me - based on the reviews, it'll still be worth it.
Agree, was just checking as it didn’t work for me. Definitely going to make the buy either way.

Reactions: bhb

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine arrived yesterday and got it on tonight.
I have a gear shade. Had to remove some of the gear shade parts for this to work and actually lost some pieces in the process. I guess in 6 months I will have to figure that out if I use the gearshade again.
I also have the sms exposed racks. Had to shift one of the clips for the headliner on each side and the liner is over the front bar so the magnet is not exactly fully connected but it sits way better than I thought it would with the racks so I am happy.
I drive it daily and have a solid week of testing....going from 63 today to a low of 18 by Tuesday with 20 MPH winds on Monday and 1-3 in snow Wednesday.
Why not just use the gear shade with a blanket for half the money?

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why not just use the gear shade with a blanket for half the money?
That was my plan before this became available, but I doubt I could have been crafty enough to keep the blanket from shifting around all winter. Besides the bungees on the gearshade have been breaking and I have been debating other options for next year anyway.

JFelty

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Last edited:

Indica

Heritage
First Name
Alek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Quick and easy installation! Looks great inside, much cleaner without the soft top visible. Super happy with the results going down the interstate. My subwoofer even sounds better now lol.
Ford Bronco New product release: Dirtydog 4x4 Headliner for Soft Top 832FDB73-C1DD-4331-893C-E725A85B6640
Ford Bronco New product release: Dirtydog 4x4 Headliner for Soft Top FB622721-BB01-4CC3-A0BE-1CB4C21377F2
Ford Bronco New product release: Dirtydog 4x4 Headliner for Soft Top EEBA72B8-B707-4BD3-B104-A1B390F489B7

Reactions: bhb

Sponsored

bhb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Got my shipment notification already today. Awesome turnaround. Thank you!

RescueCheckPT2

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BD, MH-65D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Planning on ordering this tomorrow , any word on the promo code expiring?

Umgolfer

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My quick review....Shipping was really fast. Installation was easy following along with the video. It's been cold this week in northern Michigan and in limited use it feels warmer and is noticeable quieter as I drive around at lower speeds (under 50) and I do not hear the lateral wind noise I often hear when driving near the lake. I haven't taken it on the expressway (75+) yet, but anything would be better than nothing.

I was happy with the build quality. The 3D printed mounts weren't an issue for me. I snugged them up by hand and didn't notice any cracking or deformation. My only very picky negative is that the DirtyDog logo piece is upside down when installed (likely by design). Also I installed a light on the original crossbeam of the soft top that is now useless until spring time, but that's a me issue and not a fault of the headliner design.

I'd buy it again and am happy with the purchase. Highly recommended.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Also I installed a light on the original crossbeam of the soft top that is now useless until spring time, but that's a me issue and not a fault of the headliner design.

I'd buy it again and am happy with the purchase. Highly recommended.
I did the same and thought the same. Unfortunately it’s this time of year when I would use the interior light most often as it’s usually light well past 10PM in the summer. Oh, well - I’ll figure out another lighting plan.

bhb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Incredibly fast shipping. Ordered on the 10th, arrived today (exactly 1 week). Will be installing tomorrow - just in time for 30 degree days.
Sponsored