Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I initially painted mine body color, but then decided to get them powder coated in black... and although I didn't need to go overboard, I countersunk the holes for more of a flush look.
16764686011166772967449612368419.jpg
Looks good! I think black powdercoat would work for me.
Sponsored

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Very interested in your end result. Are you getting the hinges painted?
I just painted the bare hinge mount to the body black to match the black on the main section. Very easy installation.
Ford Bronco New Product Spotlight: IAG Tailgate Reinforcement with Upgraded Hinge Assembly 20230217_162852
Ford Bronco New Product Spotlight: IAG Tailgate Reinforcement with Upgraded Hinge Assembly 20230213_164646

Mpali

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did IAG ever offer this tire carrier?

Hatman

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IAG Tailgate Hinge System and Reinforcement

Strength You Can Count On

Larger wheels and tires can put additional stress on your Bronco's tailgate, especially when off-roading. Add gear storage and tables and the weight really adds up. Most other tailgate reinforcements on the market simply bolt to the rear of the tailgate and help to distribute the load of a larger wheel to the hinges. Our Tailgate Reinforcement takes that a step further. Not only are we supporting the tailgate itself to stop flexing and shaking by transferring the load into the hinges, we are completely replacing the entire OEM hinge assembly to address the next weakest point in the system. Made of solid cast aluminum, our Tailgate reinforcement is HEAVY-DUTY. The support is designed to seamlessly integrate with the vehicle's existing design, enhancing its overall aesthetic without detracting from its rugged, off-road appearance. Two threaded holes offer mounting points for jerry cans, jacks, antennas, or any number of accessories. We are shooting for a target price of $599. As we usually do, the Tailgate Reinforcement with Upgraded Hinge Assembly will likely be offered at an introductory price of $499.

We would love to hear your thoughts, feedback, and questions!

Ford Bronco New Product Spotlight: IAG Tailgate Reinforcement with Upgraded Hinge Assembly 20230213_164646

Will there be an announcement here before you put these out on your website for sale? Or a preorder maybe? Don’t want to miss this and end up on yet another waiting list. Thx

Sponsored
OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Will there be an announcement here before you put these out on your website for sale? Or a preorder maybe? Don’t want to miss this and end up on yet another waiting list. Thx
There will absolutely be an announcement when we get closer. We know you guys are anxious to get these. Please know we are not intentionally delaying these just to make you sweat. I promise we will be releasing more information as soon as we can!

blacksapphirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
just adding to my list of parts to buy :)

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There will absolutely be an announcement when we get closer. We know you guys are anxious to get these. Please know we are not intentionally delaying these just to make you sweat. I promise we will be releasing more information as soon as we can!
Have you guys gone away from planning to use cast aluminum yet?

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Our Broncos have barely any paint in the hinges to begin with but regardless, did not damage the paint upon removal. We are planning on including some protective material to put between the new hinges and the body in order to prevent future damage should you decide to go back to stock.
This looks good but I do see one small issue. There needs to be more space around the tire bump stop because the stock ones are often replaced with longer ones due to aftermarket wheel offsets and the replacement bump stops are usually larger in diameter, at lease mine are.

Sponsored

Hatman

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like that but is that the true distance the tire sits out from the tailgate? Seems like that would cause more torque when bouncing around on trails.
For some reason most vendors' products push the tire out...I imagine that is because so many people run such different sized tires that they have to find some way to accommodate all different kinds of offset. I still believe that the Hammer Built system is the best if somebody just wants something simple and on the lighter side (and it keeps the tire in the factory location), but for folks seeking other alternatives I just wondered if anybody had had this product in hand yet to give a review. The cool part about this particular setup is that the hinges are steel and integrated and so you don't have to mess around with alignment other than bolting the entire setup to the pillar. That means the only adjustment you'll have to do is up and down and then forward and backwards. The downside, however, is that unless there's an adjustment that allows you to tilt the gate up and down from corner to corner, that you'd have to adjust that by removing the rear tail light and adjusting the pillar brackets themselves. Even so, steel is more appropriate than aluminum for the application.
Sponsored