Sponsored

New to Ford. Overall Bronco reliability and turbo engine expectations?

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Tacoma owner here. My 17 has some quirks. I’d say the build quality is average at best. I Feel like Toyota got lazy with the third gen Tacoma.
The thing I can’t get past in the Tacoma is the dang rear legroom.... might as well be in the back of a mustang.
Sponsored

OP
OP

JO15

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The thing I can’t get past in the Tacoma is the dang rear legroom.... might as well be in the back of a mustang.
Well said.

Sponsored

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In terms of general reliability, I drive a 2002 Escape with over 233,000 miles, 4WD, and a V6. I'm the original owner. Prior to this winter, I never had a single problem. Never. Most reliable vehicle I've ever owned.

Previous cars: my mom's 76 Camaro, 89 Civic Hatchback, a used 95 Saturn SL1. All had serious problems.

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lastly, do you plan to trade your 4runner so that you can get the bronco?
Yes I will either be selling or trading my 4Runner. Luckily we have his and hers so I'll still have one in the garage next to the Bronco, assuming it actually fits in the garage. She has a 2018 TRD Pro. I'm going to start moving all of my mods over to hers shortly.

What about you?

OP
OP

JO15

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In terms of general reliability, I drive a 2002 Escape with over 233,000 miles, 4WD, and a V6. I'm the original owner. Prior to this winter, I never had a single problem. Never. Most reliable vehicle I've ever owned.

Previous cars: my mom's 76 Camaro, 89 Civic Hatchback, a used 95 Saturn SL1. All had serious problems.
Thanks for the info. Nice to hear from real owners as opposed to generalized articles I've read.

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes I will either be selling or trading my 4Runner. Luckily we have his and hers so I'll still have one in the garage next to the Bronco, assuming it actually fits in the garage. She has a 2018 TRD Pro. I'm going to start moving all of my mods over to hers shortly.

What about you?
Debating on whether it's better to trade or sell mine. I have a 2005 Access Cab 4x4.

Sponsored
OP
OP

JO15

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

What about you?
I'd like to hear what you think about the Bronco once you take delivery. I'm sure you'll have a lot of Toyota owners interested in your opinion with hands on both. Keep us posted if you can.

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd like to hear what you think about the Bronco once you take delivery. I'm sure you'll have a lot of Toyota owners interested in your opinion with hands on both. Keep us posted if you can.
I'll be sure to compare the 2. Saying that I really do love my 4Runner and had no intentions on getting out of it until the bronco release.

I've already been banned from the TRD Pro FB page when I asked how many people would be jumping ship for the Bronco. It started a shit show. I even made it very clear I would still have one 4runner in the garage. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP

JO15

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'll be sure to compare the 2. Saying that I really do love my 4Runner and had no intentions on getting out of it until the bronco release.

I've already been banned from the TRD Pro FB page when I asked how many people would be jumping ship for the Bronco. It started a shit show. I even made it very clear I would still have one 4runner in the garage. :LOL::ROFLMAO:
Wow! Competition is a good thing for us consumers though. Imagine what Toyota will add to their lineup to compete. Glad to see auto makers listening to consumers. Ford has already gotten Toyota fans to consider. I'm sure the TRD Pro FB page is full of future Bronco owners.

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow! Competition is a good thing for us consumers though. Imagine what Toyota will add to their lineup to compete. Glad to see auto makers listening to consumers. Ford has already gotten Toyota fans to consider. I'm sure the TRD Pro FB page is full of future Bronco owners.
Honestly I don't see Toyota stepping up to compete, at least not fully. They are so very conservative and don't want to lose that reliability rating. I understand what they are doing but it leaves them so far behind. The true off-roaders a very small marketshare to them so I don't know that they really care all that much. The Pro 4Runner especially can really hold it's own offroad. Again I love my 4Runner and it has performed everything flawlessly but it's old and simple, although that's not always bad. Sadly my 2008 Edge limited work car has more tech then my 2 year old 4Runner. LOL