Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So it looks like Ford has lied to us once again. Despite Ford clearly saying that the Broncos already produced with the bad MIC Tops that are currently being held at MAP (actually sitting on Dirt Mountain) would get new tops before producing any additional vehicles with hard tops, it looks like that is not the case. The FE shown below was produced this week (9/16/21), shows as built, and is scheduled to be shipped. How can Ford continually lie to (or at the very least mislead) the customers over and over again?

Care to comment @Ford Motor Company ?

8225936B-993D-416C-857E-9FF48453F46A.png

97E8D0EF-FEAD-4640-B37B-B23D0F826FAC.jpeg
My 2 cents. It's built and it's not shipped. So this one currently as ur post is sitting there like the rest of them. I also feel ur pain because mine was in production 8/2 till 8/30 when others rolling off line where built and shipped already. I was waiting on a new soft top. Then I was pushed back shipping three weeks from my original date. I get your frustration.

OP
OP
Brandon1282

Brandon1282

First Edition
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRD, 2021 GMC 1500 AT4 3.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I really don't see a big deal on this as others have said. They are pulling dirt mountain rigs as quick as they can. This Sunday they were pulling them. They have an area where change outs are being made and it doesn't effect the main line. Turns out they look to be ahead of schedule, so if it doesn't effect the speed of switching out tops, why not build some FEs that need to be MY21? I would be more upset to find they could have built FEs, not effected top replacements, built a softtop BB reservation from 7/2021...
Are they though? Although the other poster was told by the security guard that they were pull vehicles 7 days a week, he saw no movement yesterday and, in the week since he last visited the site, he could see no meaningful reduction in the number of vehicles at dirt mountain.

No one has been able to say 1) how many good 2.0 tops are being produced each day, or 2) how many bad tops are being swapped out each day. I see a lot of people assuming that they are ahead of schedule and that the new vehicles going down the line have no impact on the swap outs, but we have no confirmation that is the case.

Why can’t Ford give those of us who have been waiting for 3 months with no answers some kind of update as to how many tops are being replaced each day or week or why they have now decided to produce new hard top vehicles despite previously stating they wouldn’t until all of the bad tops were replaced?

OP
OP
Brandon1282

Brandon1282

First Edition
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRD, 2021 GMC 1500 AT4 3.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Amazes me how many people don't actually READ the correspondence from Ford. Read the headlines and then bait a bunch of angry, immature folks here...Ford is ahead of their latest plan and I am confident they will clear DM and get the FEs out this year...anything else is gravy.

As for me, I reserved at 5AM, 7/14/20 and ordered 1/20/21 and still no build date.

READ the highlighted sentence from Ford’s website below.

53F91244-8EFB-4DF8-B9CA-8A65FB2E8647.png

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are there any Bronco production down weeks scheduled in the near future? If that happens then watch large numbers of tops released for held vehicles and a good number of them shipping.

Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

READ the highlighted sentence from Ford’s website below.

Ford Bronco Newly Produced Broncos Being Shipped with MIC Top 2.0 Ahead of "Dirt Mountain" Replacements? 53F91244-8EFB-4DF8-B9CA-8A65FB2E8647
Maybe they should have said "we might need". That highlighted wording wasn't directed to those waiting at DM but rather those scheduled for production it looks like. So I don't think it's a promise to those stuck in purgatory but rather an under promise over deliver that is botched.

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well mine is a FE too and its been stuck on Dirt Mountain for months. They said they would replace all of the bad tops on the vehicle being held before moving on to producing additional Broncos.

Ford Bronco Newly Produced Broncos Being Shipped with MIC Top 2.0 Ahead of "Dirt Mountain" Replacements? 53F91244-8EFB-4DF8-B9CA-8A65FB2E8647
Ford said they wouldn't produce any hardtop Broncos they didn't say soft top. They are keeping the line running and probably doing the waiting Broncos a few at a time. As far as ONE Bronco getting a hardtop big deal! It could be for a show coming up or a special person. You do know that there are always exceptions to the rule?

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No one is suggesting they stop production, but they committed to not building any additional hard top vehicles until the ones already produced and sitting there were corrected. Ford cannot seem to follow through on any commitments to its customers.
Go buy a JEEP. My 2020 SD sat in a Ford lot for three months and we never learned the reason why - that's the way it is...........

AJ_West_

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands Sas, 15 Colorado, 91 GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4-door, Badlands, MIC top, Sasquatch, High Package, Tow.

I've had a VIN since 5/27. Scheduled for production date has changed 3 times (7/26, 8/16, 8/30).

The Ford order tracker says "In Production" now and my sticker has been viewable since Saturday 9/18. Blend on the sticker is 9/23. I'm so freaking excited, it's finally getting built!

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So it looks like Ford has lied to us once again. Despite Ford clearly saying that the Broncos already produced with the bad MIC Tops that are currently being held at MAP (actually sitting on Dirt Mountain) would get new tops before producing any additional vehicles with hard tops, it looks like that is not the case. The FE shown below was produced this week (9/16/21), shows as built, and is scheduled to be shipped. How can Ford continually lie to (or at the very least mislead) the customers over and over again?

Care to comment @Ford Motor Company ?

8225936B-993D-416C-857E-9FF48453F46A.png

97E8D0EF-FEAD-4640-B37B-B23D0F826FAC.jpeg
Good afternoon, Brandon. Would you please send us a private message with more info so we can look into this for you? I'd love to help you sort this order issue out, so you can anticipate the arrival of your Bronco worry free!

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good afternoon, Brandon. Would you please send us a private message with more info so we can look into this for you? I'd love to help you sort this order issue out, so you can anticipate the arrival of your Bronco worry free!
Really, lie bot wants a DM so they can give you no answer at all!

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It's a First Edition. We knew this.
Knew what? My FE has been at Dirt Mountain since the first week of July for a top. You would think they would be shipping all FEs if that was the case. Good thing I have me F150 still! :)

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford, why you are at it, can you check on where mine is? Thanks! I have been asking since July ever so nice but so far have been mushroom farmed. :)
Sponsored