Sponsored

News on further order submission delays (current dealer saying so)?

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the 10% of the honest dealers that is fine. For the 90% of the dishonest dealers, they are using it as one more foot in the door to lock you in. The problem is, it is hard to tell them apart, unless you are an informed and knowledgeable car buyer.

They can use some of the details against you in negotiations, once you tell them all you want, they will not want to negotiate on those items.
This is nonsense. First of all you can't be locked in simply by sending a B&P printout. You have all the power to walk away. It changes nothing.

Second how would you negotiate a price without telling the dealer what you want? I'm imaging you negotiating a price from your dealer on a 2d base and then once they agree you pull a bait and switch on them to order a 4d Badlands at the same price? Do you think that would happen in real life? That you would be able to do that? Any add ons you hid from the dealer are going to change your price when you add them. You won't get your final price unless you tell them everything you want.
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This is nonsense. First of all you can't be locked in simply by sending a B&P printout. You have all the power to walk away. It changes nothing.

Second how would you negotiate a price without telling the dealer what you want? I'm imaging you negotiating a price from your dealer on a 2d base and then once they agree you pull a bait and switch on them to order a 4d Badlands at the same price? Do you think that would happen in real life? That you would be able to do that? Any add ons you hid from the dealer are going to change your price when you add them. You won't get your final price unless you tell them everything you want.
One, of many, negotiation tactics, you start with x number of items and get a price, this lets you see where the dealer is. Then you start adding items, saying, I will buy more items, increasing the total cost and profit to the dealer, in exchange for a lower price but still a nice profit to the dealer. This keeps them from thinking, oh, they want a winch, Lux package, or whatever, I'm going to stick it to the customer on those items. The profit may not necessarily be reflected in those items but they will fill other places to jack up the price.

Of course when you have an honest dealer, at X-Plan pricing, $1,000 below invoice or similar pricing, you know going in what you will pay, regardless of options.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Over 90% of dealers, stealerships and salespeople are less than honest. Less than 45% of the buying public are knowledge about car buying, when it comes to protecting their own wallet. They are gullible and will easily fall for all the tricks, scams, misinformation, disinformation and lies thrown at them. It is those people that don't know any different, that don't know they can verify information, that keeps the current dealership model in place.

My apologies and thank you to the 10% of the honest dealers.
Could you post a link to wherever you found those stats?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The numbers reflect more often the on the lot salesperson, not the internet dealer, or who most of us are dealing with, on these orders.

However, if you feel you are being screwed or inherently distrust the system, you might be better off waiting to buy from the lot, or buy used.

I keep hearing everyone say we are being scammed or screwed, but I haven't heard as mentioned above, how that is happening.

Best of luck on your decisions.
Maybe you do not understand why car salespeople are the second to last least trusted profession in business.

Myself, I do well, as do many other knowledgeable buyers here on the forum. I only order my cars, speced the way I want them, at a good negotiated price.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

FORD !!!
ANYONE AT BRONCO6G:
Can anyone with real inside knowledge CONFIRM this??????? This roller coaster ride of emotions and ups and downs for many is getting OLD real fast.
WE NEED CONFIRMATION.
Ups and downs getting to you? Get the 2.7 for the Trail One Pedal driving and the Trail Cruise Control. That might help.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

im not putting any accessories on my order, I know how that game is played. I have 3 extra line items with $ outside the packages (2). Really easy to not deal with hidden costs.

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

FORD !!!
ANYONE AT BRONCO6G:
Can anyone with real inside knowledge CONFIRM this??????? This roller coaster ride of emotions and ups and downs for many is getting OLD real fast.
WE NEED CONFIRMATION.
unsubstantiated rumor ford has told us nothing thats per my rep. He may be talking about when orders are placed by the dealer being may or june but thats old news and just goes to show how shit our education system is that people cant communicate properly

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe you do not understand why car salespeople are the second to last least trusted profession in business.

Myself, I do well, as do many other knowledgeable buyers here on the forum. I only order my cars, speced the way I want them, at a good negotiated price.
An opinion poll is just that... an opinion. It's not a scientific study that 90% of dealers are out to scam you.

Look at last place on your poll: Congress always polls low as a group. But if you ask someone their opinion on their personal congressperson it's going to be much better. If they didn't they wouldn't keep getting reelected.

In the same way people think the general idea of a car salesperson is bad but if you asked them their opinion of a specific salesperson they delt with the answer will be different.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

In the same way people think the general idea of a car salesperson is bad but if you asked them their opinion of a specific salesperson they delt with the answer will be different.
Whatever works for you is fine, I have seen more that my share of scammy salespeople, enough to know how to avoid them and their tricks. For the general public not wanting to deal with them that is why some car buying services do well. With my personal experiences several family members, friends and work acquaintances have asked my to negotiate their car purchase for them.

your milege may vary.

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One, of many, negotiation tactics, you start with x number of items and get a price, this lets you see where the dealer is. Then you start adding items, saying, I will buy more items, increasing the total cost and profit to the dealer, in exchange for a lower price but still a nice profit to the dealer. This keeps them from thinking, oh, they want a winch, Lux package, or whatever, I'm going to stick it to the customer on those items. The profit may not necessarily be reflected in those items but they will fill other places to jack up the price.
You realize that if they were going to do this they will still do it?

Hiding your winch until the last minute won't get you a better deal on it. It might even make it worse for you! At that point you have already lost a lot of time negotiatating. Are you more likely to walk away or just give in if they don't budge on your last accessory?

In fact your method sounds like a great way for a sales person to bamboozle you with tons of numbers flying back and forth and wear you down after so much time.

Just save yourself the time and hassle and ask for everything you want at the price you want up front.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The conspiracy theories of a scam make no sense to me. Its not like you are receiving a Social Security scam call and giving away your info. Look at it as a pre estimate if you will.
It's not a conspiracy theory. Geesh dude. I don't need some dealer to give me a pre-estimate. Until Ford releases dealer info, I know more than they do. I know because I've talked to several dealers.

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I can officially confirm that this rumor is completely and totally false there are no delays in ordering or conversion. This is per Ford Motor Company themselves.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This thread didn't age well.

williamoneal

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F250 - Probably won't make it till the Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How many FordPass points do we get this time?

Follow up, bonus question! How many delays do I need before I can purchase the Bronco on points?
Lol - This is probably the point where they give us another $100 and raise the price another $1,500.
Sponsored