PETE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Mustang supercharged
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was a first week reservation; 7/20/'20. A 1/19/'21 order. But, I still wait for some tidbit of uplifting news. My prob. is BL- 2.7-LUX-MIC. However if Jeep threw a deal out there, like the member stated earlier, well... Oh! wait! I got the hammock... Guess I'll just have to wait...
Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was a first week reservation; 7/20/'20. A 1/19/'21 order. But, I still wait for some tidbit of uplifting news. My prob. is BL- 2.7-LUX-MIC. However if Jeep threw a deal out there, like the member stated earlier, well... Oh! wait! I got the hammock... Guess I'll just have to wait...
Hang in there man haha

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do people waiting for the Tesla cybertruck complain as much as Bronco reservation holders do?
Cybertruck reservation holders have been waiting longer. Their production start date keeps getting pushed back.

Pattytester

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Patty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nope, but the subject is compensation for the wait from Ford, not for opportunistic dealers that some customers chose.

You do know dealers and Ford are separate and independent companies, right? Also no one has waited two years, orders went in about six months ago.
i reserved 7/14/2020 and will be lucky to take delivery by 7/14/2022.
1. That’s a clusterf*k of a launch by Ford.
2. that’s two years.
I get the dealer thing, but I hold Ford accountable for creating a situation where it’s in my dealers interest to screw me.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do people waiting for the Tesla cybertruck complain as much as Bronco reservation holders do?
Cybertruck reservation holders have been waiting longer. Their production start date keeps getting pushed back.
I doubt they do. It's a needs vs. wants thing

People going for the cybertruck, don't NEED it. It's mostly an expensive toy. The Bronco is a toy too but more people will use it as a daily driver and for its uses, than the target market for the cybertruck.

That's my theory anyhow

Sponsored

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've mentioned it before in the hammock thread that got shit canned, but if you think everything should be running smoothly, pass the pipe to me. I went fishing a couple week ago and saw container ships stretching from Long Beach to Huntington Beach. I've never seen anything like that in over 20 years.

A recent article also brought it up.

https://news.yahoo.com/record-breaking-44-container-ships-145905612.html

For context, typically there's less than 10 ships anchored outside Long Beach for offload.

Things are going to be messed up for a while.

94Bravo

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150, 2014 Lexus IS350, 2008 Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Last I checked COVID was not manufacturing unusable MIC tops, NOT COVID!
It's funny people need to have definitive blame. Reality it is both Ford and the pandemic.

Ford screwed sourcing, testing, and communications.

Covid impacted parts, employees, shipping, and other materials and processes.
[/QUOTE]
Don't forget, these Broncos were supposed to be rolling off the assembly line more than a year ago.;)

Pattytester

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Patty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe go join a cyber truck forum and see? 🤔

DaPierogiKid

Outer Banks
First Name
Pawel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The way I look at it is that I wanted a Bronco, I ordered a Bronco and now I wait for a Bronco. If I wanted a "4x4" vehicle, I'd probably be more angry with the wait. I also think that's why Jeep isn't trying to "bribe" Bronco people with incentives. Those people who wanted a 4x4 will get a Jeep without an incentive. Just my two cents.

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don't forget, these Broncos were supposed to be rolling off the assembly line more than a year ago.;)
nothing was getting produced a year ago lol. preorders opened July 2020. production was supposed to start q1 2021.

i'm an early res and my expectation was q3-4 this year. now q1-2 next year.

94Bravo

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150, 2014 Lexus IS350, 2008 Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
nothing was getting produced a year ago lol. preorders opened July 2020. production was supposed to start q1 2021.

i'm an early res and my expectation was q3-4 this year. now q1-2 next year.
They were supposed to start rolling off the assembly line over a year ago. Things kept getting delayed and then covid hit.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They were supposed to start rolling off the assembly line over a year ago. Things kept getting delayed and then covid hit.
original announcement below. nothing close to producing a year ago. so mainstream prod was supposed to start in june, now january. and note they are producing, just fe and select early res.

preorders opened: July 14, 2020
once you preordered they stated early 2021 they will be able to provide approximate date.
deliveries to start in june 2021.

1g0w202zbuc51.jpg

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is getting strung out too long and with no compensation.
You are not owed "compensation". You have the option to cancel your reservation and get your money back

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, I can't believe Jeep hasn't sweetened the pot just a little like. .. if you can prove you have had a Bronco reservation say, since BEFORE March of 2021. They would offer like 2,000 dollars bonus cash off a new Jeep of Gladiator, just to get some of the competitions money. Btw. I'm staying put!!!
One would think. And it would be cool if it actually happened that way.
However, they aren't having ANY issues selling what comes off the truck. At MSRP or even ADM figures.
I had to search to find a Gladiator to test drive longer than 5 minutes around the lot.
The one I did drive was reserved and money paid down to hold (Thanks, eventual owner. I took care of it.). I could order all day long at MSRP at a few, ADM for a few, and one dealer in particular at 6% under invoice.

I did mention the Bronco order I have, hoping to drum up conversation more than anything else like a "Well, let me tell you about this, or show you that.". I mean if it ended up shaving a few dollars off, that's cool too.
It had zero effect and only a "Hey that's cool."
But mostly I stood there feeling like Nick Cage at the Ferrari dealership, wanting to ask if I looked like an asshole to him.

They don't care what you have ordered. They are gonna sell every one that comes off a truck, a lot of times before it even hits the ground. Even the RHD Wranglers are selling to non-post office people left and right (mainly right )*cue high hat sound.
Of the 12 my local dealer got last week, 10 were RHD units because that's all they could get to put on the lot to try and sell. And by Saturday, 7 of those 10 were sold.
This is a crazy, crazy world and times we are living in now.
Sponsored