First Name
Bronco L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands, 2021 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Ford Motor Company πŸ‘†πŸ‘†πŸ‘†πŸ‘†πŸ‘†πŸ‘†πŸ‘†πŸ‘†πŸ‘† You should be paying attention and taking notes!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah definitely some love/hate going on here in B6g

Lots of people love the design/brand but disappointed with production management, brand mgmt - hoping Ford will better focus w reliability, durability, Reservations scheduling . . .

Call it constructive criticism

And Ford did make some big changes. Last year new MAP Plant Mgr, new Brand Mgr, new Quality Czar Halliburton. Hopefully the new Broncos are more reliable & durable

To me it's really strange how they keep splintering & distracting production w more off-shoots like Everglades, Heritage, Raptor - when they still have tens-of-thousands unscheduled reservations/orders. The initial six models from 2020 will sell all they can make. Why distract their production & resources w new models ? It can only slow the production for all the models
I agree. Every time I come here, I’m more grateful I was able to get my 2023 Badlands almost exactly like I pre-order in 2020, just missing the color and not having dual hardtops was ok as they made a retractable front row top. I would like to know why Ford dangled the Raptor in my face and chose to make these other models, thankfully they put all of them out of my reach.
Sponsored

jddunfee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
By not prioritizing reservations when they had the chance @Ford Motor Company put themselves in a spot where price protection is costing them millions.
I have been saying this for a long time that it's all about the money. Ford wants all reservation holders to fold or drop all the goodies in which Ford makes more money on. If we don't, we will just get pushed to a MY24 so all price protection is gone. They lose too much money on us because they make way more profit on the "add ons". If reservation holders get the "add ons", they don't make their millions and that's just so sad for the dumbasses in Ford Management leading this Bronco thing.
Yep, I am bitter because I see this corporate greed in big businesses all over the country. It's not constraints when you are building the high end units to 6 month old orders and maxed out on your capacity as well.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford could likely clear the list a bit if they offered to let MIC reservation and order holders select dual tops and take the soft top now and wait on the hardtop.

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guess my β€˜22 2 door badlands sas Lux is only going to go up in value. But I enjoy it so much, I could not see parting with it for less than 100k. Even at that level would not be particularly interested, but guess I’d think about it. Feel bad for original unfilled reservation holders.
I got a MY23 BL/sas/lux/2.7. Shipping right now, I feel it’s a unicorn at this point. Prob have a bunch a blacked neon lit civics trying to steal it in the convoy. πŸ˜‚

Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford could likely clear the list a bit if they offered to let MIC reservation and order holders select dual tops and take the soft top now and wait on the hardtop.
I think there are some legal hurdles with that
1) window sticker is supposed to be accurate
2) a lot of people buy them then have β€˜an emergency’ and β€˜have to immediately sell for a profit. So where would the top go? And when?

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

By not prioritizing reservations when they had the chance @Ford Motor Company put themselves in a spot where price protection is costing them millions.
They learned with the Bronco. There is no price protection with the Lightning. I am a Day 1 reservation holder with the Lightning and am looking at paying 10-15K more for the same truck simply because I didn’t get an invite to order a MY22.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They learned with the Bronco. There is no price protection with the Lightning. I am a Day 1 reservation holder with the Lightning and am looking at paying 10-15K more for the same truck simply because I didn’t get an invite to order a MY22.
Why reward them with a purchase at all? That’s a pile of cash to be hosed out of. If enough people told them to shove it, maybe they would not treat customers like crap. The economy is slowing so hope they feel the well deserved pain.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was told this may happen but WT has SAS standard so.....
Actually, no. The WildTrak suspension, steering rack, and beauty rings are unique to the WildTrak.

So Sasquatch has nothing to do with it, unless it's because of the 4.7 front and rear lockers. In which case, give me a set of 4.46's, 33's, and a $2500 voucher then call it a day. I would take a WildTrak like that all day long!

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How could any company have multiple vendor failures, simultaneously, while other companies (Tesla) are cutting production prices to keep demand high?

There, fixed it for you!
No. I had it right. They are cutting production.

Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Let's look at the 2 door.... Capacity is now at 17%. We don't know what the Order Bank is today, but it was 28% back in Sept 21, so lets use that for this example.
Lets say there are 100,000 remaining orders. 28% of them are 2 doors, = 28,000.
Ford has the capacity to build 17% of the total (100,000), which would be 17,000 2 doors.
17,000 out of the 28,000= 17.000/28,000= 0.607, or just under 61%.
Therefore Ford says they can presently build just under 61% of the 2 door orders.
Or 9% of 100,000 total orders in short math or 9,000 in my example. Your taking a percentage of a percentage and I am not. I was saying 9% of the total order mix.

In your example if you mix is correct that is 11% of total orders can’t be built because they are 2 doors. Or if looking at total 2 door orders, I agree 61% can be built 39% cannot. My point 11% of the total mix wasn’t bad unless you were one of the 11k not to get built.

Last edited:

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here's a reality check for you....a local dealer has a Base, no option Bronco for sale. $33,890 MSRP marked up to $45,526.00.
I'd be thrilled to find and buy one at MSRP or 'a little mark up'.
It's only going to get worse after today's *SHTF* info gets out.
1673736973524.png
I just picked up my no option base at MSRP after Christmas.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have been saying this for a long time that it's all about the money. Ford wants all reservation holders to fold or drop all the goodies in which Ford makes more money on. If we don't, we will just get pushed to a MY24 so all price protection is gone. They lose too much money on us because they make way more profit on the "add ons". If reservation holders get the "add ons", they don't make their millions and that's just so sad for the dumbasses in Ford Management leading this Bronco thing.
Yep, I am bitter because I see this corporate greed in big businesses all over the country. It's not constraints when you are building the high end units to 6 month old orders and maxed out on your capacity as well.

Corporate greed…lol. Corporations that are publicly held have expectations and yes they need to make as much profit as necessary to meet the guidance they give the street. If they don’t meet expectations then stock reflects. Ultimately it’s anyone that owns a share of Ford is impacted. They are the owners.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Actually, no. The WildTrak suspension, steering rack, and beauty rings are unique to the WildTrak.

So Sasquatch has nothing to do with it, unless it's because of the 4.7 front and rear lockers. In which case, give me a set of 4.46's, 33's, and a $2500 voucher then call it a day. I would take a WildTrak like that all day long!
They used to list Wildtrak as a separate constrained commodity. Curious...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.