stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you are in SoCal or anywhere near there, switch to Kearny Mesa Ford San Diego. No drama there, they will keep you informed, not charge unnecessary fees and they personify superior customer service. Many of us, even if not close to the dealership, have reserved there. Eric Bunch is your point of contact there. Give him a call.
Sponsored

OP
OP
sbplum

sbplum

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update:

- Called general Ford # and they told me I would have to start over with a new reservation if I wanted to switch dealers (concerning if true). They tried to transfer me to someone to do that (where I was going to ask if that was actually true) and the call got dropped

- Called a different number, they said they didn't know, tried to transfer me, routed me to a number not in service

- Called again talked to the same person, she routed my call again, it worked, but got stuck waiting on hold

Going to try again later this afternoon but I'm super annoyed!!!

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update:

- Called general Ford # and they told me I would have to start over with a new reservation if I wanted to switch dealers (concerning if true). They tried to transfer me to someone to do that (where I was going to ask if that was actually true) and the call got dropped

- Called a different number, they said they didn't know, tried to transfer me, routed me to a number not in service

- Called again talked to the same person, she routed my call again, it worked, but got stuck waiting on hold

That's crazy!

You're calling Corporate (and not your dealer), correct?

Here's Ford's Marketing division: 800-334-4375

FOR ANYONE LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON HOW TO CHANGE DEALERS: Call Ford at 800-334-4375. Opt 1 English (or Option 2 Spanish); then take Opt 3, for Marketing. Tell them you want to change dealers on a Bronco reservation. Have your Reservation number ready. They will ask you to confirm the usual kinda stuff... your name, address, and email you used to reserve your Bronco. They will confirm where your current reservation is. They will confirm where you want to move your reservation to. When complete, you will get an email, from Ford, to also confirm the change you made to the dealer that will deliver your Bronco. The dealer you originally used will return your $100 to you, within 10-days. The new dealer doesn't request a deposit. You keep your original Reservation Number. ALL DONE! Took me less than 10-minutes.

OP
OP
sbplum

sbplum

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep! I tried 800-392-3673 and 800-732-1138! Thanks for that new number I'll try that one next

Bullseye

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Trailblazer, '09 Forester Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just call 1-800-334-4375
There's a couple of numbers you have to hit (one for English, one for something else, I forget) but the whole process was super easy and I didn't have to be transferred or put on hold.

Edit: @ZachDanger beat me to it!

Sponsored

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I just switched my reservation the other day and it was shockingly easy. No new deposit required either which was nice! I was told I'm getting my deposit refunded by the old dealership and would not be charged by the new one.

BLTN

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands; '95 Jeep XJ; '05 F-350; '07 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just switched to Granger about 20 minutes ago - No problems whatsoever.
PS - Rep said the order books would be opening "this month", but no set date yet...

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just got an email from the dealer I was going to switch to - they said that they believe you have to cancel your reservation and start over in line if you want to switch dealers? Has anyone else heard this?

this is what she said: “If you actually want to switch your Bronco order you would have to place a whole new reservation and cancel your original reservation. Unfortunately, that would give you a really high reservation # which would surely mean your Bronco would be a 2022 model.”

I’ll call the reservation line tomorrow and see what’s up but wanted to see if anyone else has heard this since I’ve been off the forums for a few weeks ?
Out of concern after reading this and realizing my laziness may have backfired I confirmed the below.

Ford Bronco No more dealer switches? Screenshot_20201203-141256_Chrome

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just got an email from the dealer I was going to switch to - they said that they believe you have to cancel your reservation and start over in line if you want to switch dealers? Has anyone else heard this?

this is what she said: “If you actually want to switch your Bronco order you would have to place a whole new reservation and cancel your original reservation. Unfortunately, that would give you a really high reservation # which would surely mean your Bronco would be a 2022 model.”

I’ll call the reservation line tomorrow and see what’s up but wanted to see if anyone else has heard this since I’ve been off the forums for a few weeks ?
Interesting twist on how dealers may handle new switches. Here is part of Leonardtown-Ford's post from yesterday. It's a way to keep their current customers from being bumped by last minute switches.

For those considering a switch but still have not done it. We here have an amazing small group of customers. If you have not made your switch by this weeks end (Sunday Dec 6th) YOU WILL GO TO THE BACK OF THE 2021 RESERVATION LINE REGARDLESS OF WHEN YOU PLACED YOUR RESERVATION. If this costs us your transfer I am sorry. The people who have been with us have done so through every bump and hurtle and it is unfair to push those into another spot for last minute line cutting.

OP
OP
sbplum

sbplum

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting twist on how dealers may handle new switches. Here is part of Leonardtown-Ford's post from yesterday. It's a way to keep their current customers from being bumped by last minute switches.

For those considering a switch but still have not done it. We here have an amazing small group of customers. If you have not made your switch by this weeks end (Sunday Dec 6th) YOU WILL GO TO THE BACK OF THE 2021 RESERVATION LINE REGARDLESS OF WHEN YOU PLACED YOUR RESERVATION. If this costs us your transfer I am sorry. The people who have been with us have done so through every bump and hurtle and it is unfair to push those into another spot for last minute line cutting.
This is so annoying - it's so unclear whether:

1. Ford controls when individual Broncos are shipped to dealer, as determined by reservation number/timing

2. The dealer controls when your Bronco will arrive, by deciding what sequence to place orders in on their end. (this seems to be what the dealer you mentioned is alluding to as well)

Another dealer I was talking to in Oregon seemed to think that #2 was the case. If so, that would mean that we have to trust that our dealers will put in the work to figure out who gets their Bronco first. Based off of the knowledge base of the handful of dealers I've spoken to, it seems like no one knows what's what's going on and I have little trust that the reservation system will be honored if it's up to the dealers.

This process has just been sort of frustrating. I'm trying to let go of expectations around when I will get my Bronco but damn ford! get your shit together! Part of me just wants to give up on getting a Bronco in 2021 and wait until the Bronco has been battle tested for a few model years & has all the features I'd like. But I'm worried about huge dealer markups trying to get one outside of the pre-reservation process and/or the faint possibility that the Bronco line gets cancelled before I can get my hands on one.

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is so annoying - it's so unclear whether:

1. Ford controls when individual Broncos are shipped to dealer, as determined by reservation number/timing

2. The dealer controls when your Bronco will arrive, by deciding what sequence to place orders in on their end. (this seems to be what the dealer you mentioned is alluding to as well)

Another dealer I was talking to in Oregon seemed to think that #2 was the case. If so, that would mean that we have to trust that our dealers will put in the work to figure out who gets their Bronco first. Based off of the knowledge base of the handful of dealers I've spoken to, it seems like no one knows what's what's going on and I have little trust that the reservation system will be honored if it's up to the dealers.

This process has just been sort of frustrating. I'm trying to let go of expectations around when I will get my Bronco but damn ford! get your shit together! Part of me just wants to give up on getting a Bronco in 2021 and wait until the Bronco has been battle tested for a few model years & has all the features I'd like. But I'm worried about huge dealer markups trying to get one outside of the pre-reservation process and/or the faint possibility that the Bronco line gets cancelled before I can get my hands on one.
Exactly, what is the point of reserving early if the dealer can screw you at will?!? I reserved launch night and then transferred my order to @Granger Ford well before the original deadline. I'm not worried about them mucking with my spot, but frustrating that some dealers MIGHT be able to screw their customers.

I think it's clear that Ford hates us! ;)

OP
OP
sbplum

sbplum

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK! just got off the phone - thanks @ZackDanger for the tip on calling the marketing line, that was the golden ticket. They confirmed that my reservation date will stay the same and so I should still have the same place in line.

I also asked whether or not they knew anything about whether Ford corporate would control delivery date based on reservation date, or if it will based on the sequence in which dealers put in orders. She told me that they didn't know for sure yet, and it would probably be best to place an order once order placement opens (she said December) than to wait until the deadline in January just in case.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just completed a switch from one dealer to another. 100% hassle free, quick and painless. The customer service representative was very helpful and seemed well informed. She also looked through my reservations and noted my order date was 7.13 not 7.14 per the email I got from Ford. (On a side note, I had never noticed, they emailed me that I had a First Edition reserved :cautious:)She also mentioned I have a very early order number (y) I asked about allocation and if moving my order to another dealer, with a different allocation, could delay my delivery. She explained that as long as my order came in prior to the order cut off date, neither the dealer or the allocation should change the delivery date. She mentioned (paraphrasing here) they will be building by batch (my word not hers) and that each batch would be allocated by order number, or your "place in line". She also mentioned that the process was new and they were working hard to balance the prior processes to the "new" Bronco process and that Covid was making it just that much harder to complete and train the dealers. Tht seems consistent with what others have been told, with a slight twist on allocation. Order bank open date- same as mentioned in other posts above, they plan to open this month- December. She said they are working to get everything finalized and tested. She cautioned that if it was not before, it would not likely open the week of Christmas, for what it's worth (the Auto Companies shut down over the holidays).

OP
OP
sbplum

sbplum

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just completed a switch from one dealer to another. 100% hassle free, quick and painless. The customer service representative was very helpful and seemed well informed. She also looked through my reservations and noted my order date was 7.13 not 7.14 per the email I got from Ford. (On a side note, I had never noticed, they emailed me that I had a First Edition reserved :cautious:)She also mentioned i have a very early order number (y) I asked about allocation and if moving my order to another dealer, with a different allocation, could delay my delivery. She explained that as long as my order came in prior to the order cut off date, neither the dealer or the allocation should change the delivery date. She mentioned (paraphrasing here) they will be building by batch (my word not hers) and that each batch would be allocated by order number, or your "place in line". She also mentioned that the process was new and they were working hard to balance the prior processes to the "new" Bronco process and that Covid was making it just that much harder to complete and train the dealers. Order bank open date- same as mentioned in other posts above, they plan to open this month- December. She said they are working to get everything finalized and tested. She cautioned that if it was not before, it would not likely open the week of Christmas, for what it's worth (the Auto Companies shut down over the holidays).
That's great info, thanks! I really hope that's the way it's handled, seems most fair! Good to remember it's just a car and we're all pretty fortunate to be reserving fancy off road vehicles in the first place ? I'm just excited to hit the road!!!

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Update:

@EricAtKearnyMesaFord is a contact if you are looking for a DM.
Sponsored