mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Guys. There are a minimum 30,000 to 35,000 units initially planned for production between August and November. There are about 6,500 or so First Editions still needing to be produced.

While the early scheduling might be "very heavily" skewed towards FE production for August and September, there is still a LOT more capacity available for non-FE builds.
So 30,000 to 35,000 is what, like 1/3 - 1/2 of the converted first week reservation orders?

Some of us prefer to wait and get what we want. I mean... no need to rub in the fact that you have a VIN and most of us don't. Good thing to keep in mind: a VIN is only as good as the build that comes with it. Ya know?
Agreed, I figured this out the hard way by switching to a soft top. Big mistake considering its still a badlands, sas, lux, tow build. Now it will still slip to '22 and it wont be exactly what I wanted :confused:

At this point all I want is Ford to call it and communicate to us a conservative estimate, and the only reason I can think they are not doing that (remember they promised it by end of May) is that they are afraid they'll lose sales.
Sponsored

mpmcgaughey

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

December of 2022. 🤣🤞
Hey, with production ramping up, focus on hard tops being moved to 2 doors and falling within dealer allocation I’m being optimistic! But either way, our lease isn’t up til Feb 22 and we can extend our lease as long as needed so it’ll get here when it gets here and give us more time for a bigger down payment 😉

rhart540

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 2008 GT500KR, 1965 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Guys. There are a minimum 30,000 to 35,000 units initially planned for production between August and November. There are about 6,500 or so First Editions still needing to be produced.

While the early scheduling might be "very heavily" skewed towards FE production for August and September, there is still a LOT more capacity available for non-FE builds.
Hi Ross @PREMiERdrum, can you clear something up, you posted there are still 6500 FE's to be built. That would imply that all 7000 FE's are going to be built regardless as to how many are still current orders. For example, I know my dealership alone had appx 17 FE orders either cancelled/changed trim/or 99'd. This forum has thrown around numbers in the low 4000's as to how many active FE orders still exist. So are the unspoken for FE's going to dealers then? It's been bantered about on the forum, but I don't believe ever confirmed. Sorry if I missed any official confirmation as to what was going to happen.

Lastly, I appreciate your time and input in this forum and am not complaining, judging, whining in any way. I am only trying to gain a little perspective. My FE will come when it comes.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey, with production ramping up, focus on hard tops being moved to 2 doors and falling within dealer allocation I’m being optimistic! But either way, our lease isn’t up til Feb 22 and we can extend our lease as long as needed so it’ll get here when it gets here and give us more time for a bigger down payment 😉
I love your positive optimism! 👍 I was just kidding. 😉 Best of luck to you, and all of us that haven't received a Build Date / VIN # email yet. Happy Independence Day Everyone! 🇺🇲

mpmcgaughey

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I love your positive optimism! 👍 I was just kidding. 😉 Best of luck to you, and all of us that haven't received a Build Date / VIN # email yet. Happy Independence Day Everyone! 🇺🇲
The only thing my coworkers keep telling me is whenever we get our Bronco that I’ll have nothing to go on and on about to them 😂

Sponsored

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

"At this point all I want is Ford to call it and communicate to us a conservative estimate, and the only reason I can think they are not doing that (remember they promised it by end of May) is that they are afraid they'll lose sales."
[/QUOTE]
This. This right here. Not looking for a to the second estimate, but a "you're bronco is likely to be scheduled around Sep-Nov, or "by" Feb. " Would be really helpful for planning purposes. I'm sure I'm not alone. And I get commodity constraints, but FFS they must have some clue about builds. Or even an email with when they're going to be scheduled. It it wasn't for this forum, I wouldn't even know to check my email.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw this post by John in the Stephen's auto Center thread:

Can any other insiders confirm this? If so, those of us hoping for non-FE scheduling emails next week are going to be disappointed.
don't have time to read the entire thread now, but my dealer was told by his rep that only FE will be scheduled over the next couple of weeks, which kind of makes sense. No idea if that's true, but that's what he was told by the Ford guy.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Agreed, I figured this out the hard way by switching to a soft top. Big mistake considering its still a badlands, sas, lux, tow build. Now it will still slip to '22 and it wont be exactly what I wanted :confused:

At this point all I want is Ford to call it and communicate to us a conservative estimate, and the only reason I can think they are not doing that (remember they promised it by end of May) is that they are afraid they'll lose sales.
If you slip to 2022, your order is all new (with your timestamp remaining in place). If that happens, you'll be able to order the MIC top.

By switching to ST though, you've made it significantly more likely that you'll get a 2021, regardless of timestamp. Ford will prioritize retail over stock on soft tops, especially if you have other constraints that are available when your number comes up. Ford's guidance they gave us for stock units basically states that we can only order Base/BB/BD/OB/BL. They've also restricted those stock orders so we can't order any of the heavily constrained items. Constraints get retail customer order priority. So if your build and the dealer's stock order are identical, yours will get built before the stock unit 100% of the time if the parts are available.

"At this point all I want is Ford to call it and communicate to us a conservative estimate, and the only reason I can think they are not doing that (remember they promised it by end of May) is that they are afraid they'll lose sales."
This. This right here. Not looking for a to the second estimate, but a "you're bronco is likely to be scheduled around Sep-Nov, or "by" Feb. " Would be really helpful for planning purposes. I'm sure I'm not alone. And I get commodity constraints, but FFS they must have some clue about builds. Or even an email with when they're going to be scheduled. It it wasn't for this forum, I wouldn't even know to check my email.
They haven't given timing estimates because the MIC Top situation is so fluid. They don't know how many customers are going to switch to Soft Top, and (I believe) they don't know exactly how many MIC tops Webasto can produce for the remainder of 2021. Until that information is secured, they can't plan the production accurately, and it will change as it goes.

don't have time to read the entire thread now, but my dealer was told by his rep that only FE will be scheduled over the next couple of weeks, which kind of makes sense. No idea if that's true, but that's what he was told by the Ford guy.
Correct. Not sure when regular production scheduling will resume exactly, but it's not the next two weeks at least.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only thing my coworkers keep telling me is whenever we get our Bronco that I’ll have nothing to go on and on about to them 😂
Then you can start telling them how great a Rig it is, and how much fun your having with it. 😉

Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hermosillo Assembly Plant in Mexico will run one of two shifts the weeks of July 12 and 19.
So not shutting down, just dropping one shift for two weeks. This cuts production to maybe <10K units for July.
Maverick Scheduling starts July 15, production starts Aug 16, so its not affected by the shutdown.
Maverick production is also not expected to be impacted by semiconductor shortages, but does have other constraints that will cause some customer orders to be delayed (Rapid Red paint, splash guards, bed crossbars and divider kit).

Michigan Assembly Plant will be down the weeks of July 5 and July 26 due to "an unrelated part shortage", but we can all guess what that part is :). We know Ford plans to be broncos-to-the-wall building starting 8/2. That is dependent on top availability, other parts, and the semiconductor thing if that is still a heavy player a month from now.

What I know on the semiconductor thing: Some U.S. facilities are coming online to produce chips and help alleviate the problem. Other foreign suppliers are running extra shifts to get more silicon out there, too. It won't be an overnight fix, and it won't be fully resolved until Spring of next year at the earliest as they reinflate entire supply chains for a lot of industries, but that increased production should reduce the pains we see in our vehicles being built over the next few months. If Ford somehow secured priority with certain suppliers, they may be in a better place than we realize.

As for FEs: The way they schedule production is already discussed a dozen times in other threads. In short, its the same cadence - if you get scheduled, you will know on week 1 of the scheduling cycle, but your production week could be any week in the build cycle, and many who do not have FEs will also get scheduled on weeks 2 and 3, and some may even get week 1 notifications. And some may get lucky in that they weren't scheduled on week 1, but due to available supplies and such, they could get moved up and take an available slot before the next FE schedule week. My inside contact said this has not changed and will not change unless something extreme happens between now and the date they have to start retooling for 22MY builds.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some of us prefer to wait and get what we want. I mean... no need to rub in the fact that you have a VIN and most of us don't. Good thing to keep in mind: a VIN is only as good as the build that comes with it. Ya know?
My comment was just in fun, though I admit it could be easily interpreted differently. Frankly, it seems like nearly every Bronco order comes with the "SUX" package. 😄 In this case, SUX meaning, SUX we have to wait so long. :)

That VIN in my signature is just my made-up VIN for the Bronco I hope to have one day. 😄 My build:

2-door MIC
Badlands
Lux
Tow Package

I think I will have plenty of chance to experience the waiting game, despite being a "Day 1" reservation holder.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're speaking facts - having a fully loaded Badlands WILL be nice when I get it, but damn if the wait doesn't tempt me into dumping some stuff.
I'm just the Sasquatch package ahead of you in the waitlist packages. My wife asks me when I think we'll be getting the Bronco and all I can say is, "I have no idea." 😄
Sponsored