Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is it just me, or does it seem silly to spend all that extra money on mods just to have worse MPG and more noise while driving just for the looks? Maybe I am just not as vain as others? 💅🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m in the same boat with my Non Sas Badlands. Mostly gravel running while heading to a hiking trail, forest creek for a paddle or general wildlife searching. Manitoba is too flat to rock crawl, and I would’ve preferred a Sas’d BD however the trim limitations screwed over my hopes of that (Mid/High pack can’t be selected with the 7MT on the BD). 35” rubber is overkill, the Sway Bar Disco will be pricy down the road… the bean counters really fucked over those in cold weather climates(heated seats) that love to row gears… The perfect rig doesn’t quite exist, but the BL is 95% of the way there

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interior choices, wash out floors and packages meant the most to me. The BL offered all three of these, and it did not require the Sasquatch option to “ look the part”. So it comes with a disconnecting stay bar that I will more then likely never use. Oh well. After pricing them ever which way, the BL won.

OP
OP
SavSqch

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Interior choices, wash out floors and packages meant the most to me. The BL offered all three of these, and it did not require the Sasquatch option to “ look the part”. So it comes with a disconnecting stay bar that I will more then likely never use. Oh well. After pricing them ever which way, the BL won.
Bingo! Same with me!

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those of you who think the sway bar disconnect is for rock crawling have it wrong.
If you have ever went down a long gravel or dirt road with washboard bumps for miles or the occasional bowling ball size rock in your path with a sway bar "connected" really need to try it in a vehicle with the option to disconnect.
Then add in the fact that you can air down. I do both as often as possible and the difference is night and day. You will enjoy your adventure a lot more and be less fatigued in the evenings.
Having tunnel vision that sway bar disconnect is for rock crawling only will cheat you out of another chapter of adventurous enjoyment.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SavSqch

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Those of you who think the sway bar disconnect is for rock crawling have it wrong.
If you have ever went down a long gravel or dirt road with washboard bumps for miles or the occasional bowling ball size rock in your path with a sway bar "connected" really need to try it in a vehicle with the option to disconnect.
Then add in the fact that you can air down. I do both as often as possible and the difference is night and day. You will enjoy your adventure a lot more and be less fatigued in the evenings.
Having tunnel vision that sway bar disconnect is for rock crawling only will cheat you out of another chapter of adventurous enjoyment.
You just nailed it 100% how I would be using my Badlands! Perfectly written

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You just nailed it 100% how I would be using my Badlands! Perfectly written
Adventure on my friend.
Creature comforts are found in several places.

EDit: In the earlier post I meant to say " for rock crawling only"

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Buy what you want. No need to justify your choices. I won’t be doing anything extreme either. Mild climbing maybe. I got the badlands because I wanted MGV, washout floors and high package.

OP
OP
SavSqch

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
SavSqch

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Buy what you want. No need to justify your choices. I won’t be doing anything extreme either. Mild climbing maybe. I got the badlands because I wanted MGV, washout floors and high package.
Same as me brother !

OP
OP
SavSqch

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lamest comment I’ve seen but there always has to be someone. Your shackles must make you the only real Bronco Owner.
First: You're out here baiting an argument with a post like this, don't act like you're not...

Second: This is a forum, you can't gatekeep opposing opinions by saying "Anyone else (do this)?".

I think it's completely ridiculous to buy a specialized off-road vehicle out-fitted to rock crawl, then protest "NO ROCKS FOR ME!!!" in a thread title. That's my opinion. If you want to buy a Bronco just to have a Bronco you should have bought a Bronco Sport (again my opinion). To have a vehicle with lockers, low gears, and 37" tires and to only drive it around the mall is nothing but a waste of money and gas (again my opinion) and a boost for your ego (fact).

AND, there isn't anything lame about a pic of a Badlands Bronco doing what it was meant to.... It isn't the shackles that makes me a real Bronco owner, it's the 4 ft rock wall I crawled down in this pic.
Sponsored

Last edited: