Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very minimal if any off road driving of any sort in the future for my Badlands. So why get it over another model? Very simple. It’s the only way to get both MGV interior and high (or lux) package. And those were the two must have items I had when considering my build. Well, those plus removable top which eliminated the Sport.
Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whoa I’m not even going to get into it with you. Good thing what you think doesn’t matter to anyone but you. Good thing what I think doesn’t matter to anyone but me.

All the other responses and you are the only hostile one.

You may think it’s baiting but most have control and are in no way baited by a forum.

I stated my intended use of the vehicle which includes tons of off road just NO ROCK CLIMBING.

You seem to come off as so someone who puffs their chest that they are a huge off road expert etc.

Let me simply ask why are your pretty shackles on the bronco before you need them?

I’ll wait for an answer.

(Hint: Don’t answer it won’t look good)

Have great night and I’ll stop feeding the troll.
It's really simple: My shackles are on all the time because that's how they're designed. They literally lock on and have isolators so they don't make noise. You need something for a soft shackle to attach to on the front bumper and it just makes sense not having to mess with a hard shackle, dropping hardware on a steep trail and such. Functional...

I know you thought you had a gotcha moment there, assuming they were there for looks. Sorry to disappoint you but I don't do things just because it looks cool.

I will give you that it doesn't matter what either one of us thinks. Do what makes you happy, truly.

Triceratops

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 speed Huffy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you wanted the Outer banks.

The advice given to me this weekend was: “The only way to make it through this obstacle is to drive it like you don’t care about it.” Made it through with just a few new scratches on the skid plates…

to each their own, but when I wear this one out I’ll get another one.

And as you can see the shackles only go on when needed.

By the way I have a zip ties holding my grill together and now zip ties holding my rear license plate on. Parts are on order…

Ford Bronco No Rocks For My Badlands 97F5A1F2-BFC6-4F2A-936A-116915FC50EE
?hash=e5652a261ba12876617f3739955e4a61.jpg
Ford Bronco No Rocks For My Badlands 010814C7-DB4F-4E4C-8994-97447EFB6AA3

54EDFF18-54B8-497C-9DFC-8C5A1ED5E9E2.jpeg

00AFC035-6B11-4C81-A022-E92C793FE709.jpeg

Last edited:

JBsabre

Badlands
First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Finally got a build date for my Squatch Badlands. It will unfortunately arrive while I'm doing a year overseas so I won't get to drive it until I get back.

That said, it will be heavily utilized off-road with some light to moderate rock crawling. I'm stoked and ready for some adventure!

Sponsored

Jon_chimpo

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Finally got a build date for my Squatch Badlands. It will unfortunately arrive while I'm doing a year overseas so I won't get to drive it until I get back.

That said, it will be heavily utilized off-road with some light to moderate rock crawling. I'm stoked and ready for some adventure!
I can store it for you. Anything to help out a a guy that’s helping our country. Hell, I’ll even keep the fluids circulating so shit doesn’t rot out.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The advice given to me this weekend was: “The only way to make it through this obstacle is to drive it like you don’t care about it.” Made it through with just a few new scratches on the skid plates…

By the way I have a zip ties holding my grill together and now zip ties holding my rear license plate on. Parts are on order…

Ford Bronco No Rocks For My Badlands 00AFC035-6B11-4C81-A022-E92C793FE709

Looks like you need a tire upgrade as bad as it do. That's what's holding me back the most right now.

I love the "I'll buy a new one when I wear this one out" statement. Couldn't agree more.

We can agree to disagree on the shackles though. It takes a special tool to take my shackles off, it's a bit of a pain. They don't swing with the rubber isolators so they're always on. Even when I mount my winch I'll leave them on.

Screenshot_20220705-223651_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220705-224606_Gallery.jpg

Triceratops

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 speed Huffy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like you need a tire upgrade as bad as it do. That's what's holding me back the most right now.

I love the "I'll buy a new one when I wear this one out" statement. Couldn't agree more.

We can agree to disagree on the shackles though. It takes a special tool to take my shackles off, it's a bit of a pain. They don't swing with the rubber isolators so they're always on. Even when I mount my winch I'll leave them on.

Ford Bronco No Rocks For My Badlands Screenshot_20220705-224606_Gallery

I also flat tow. So I would be taking off and putting on the shackles every time I moved to a new location.

The only time it makes sense to keep them on full-time is if you only have hard shackle points and are then using soft shackles to connect to the hard shackles. If you’re not doing that, you have to pull it off anyway to connect whatever you’re using. I really liked the stock modular bumper as it had points to go soft shackle directly to the bumper. Therefore there was no need for hard shackles really. Unless you like car earrings.

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1 100% agree. My thought Is PHEV are not very good unless you have economic car to go around town etc. Jeep should have made 100% electric. THAT is my dream bronco. 100% electric
Genuine question, why would you want an electric Bronco over ice?

JBsabre

Badlands
First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can store it for you. Anything to help out a a guy that’s helping our country. Hell, I’ll even keep the fluids circulating so shit doesn’t rot out.
You're a gentleman and a scholar.

Sponsored

Bike007b

Black Diamond
First Name
KH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Rocks yes, not crazy ones!

BroncoDr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

……ok. Good for you, I guess?

I’m not quite following what the point of this post was.

OP
OP
SavSqch

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

?hash=e5652a261ba12876617f3739955e4a61.jpg

54EDFF18-54B8-497C-9DFC-8C5A1ED5E9E2.jpeg

00AFC035-6B11-4C81-A022-E92C793FE709.jpeg
Though I’m not going on rocks these pics are amazing!! So awesome!

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I love how some people think rock crawling is the only form of offroading. Gatekeep much? Some of us live in parts of the country without rocks, but we've got mud, sand, hill climbs, snow, etc.
Sponsored