First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I finally had my windshield crack. No worries, that's why I have a zero deductible on glass, right?

And for the first time ever, AAA is claiming my policy doesn't cover the cost of OEM glass, just aftermarket.

Suggestions? I already left a voicemail with my agent.

Policy is up for renewal next month, so they really picked the wrong time to get me angry.
Sponsored

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Non-OEM won't have all the Bronco logos and such. Ask to pay the difference?

OP
OP
AZ_Liberty

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Non-OEM won't have all the Bronco logos and such. Ask to pay the difference?
That is an option. I'm told the price difference is about $350.

I never had a problem with the last three Mustangs I owned with getting the OEM glass with the running pony logo on the top.

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Had the same issue with my Rubicon. Used to be they covered the OEM windshield so you got the logos etc. I just went with the aftermarket last ime and was really disappointed. Tint wasn't as good as OEM. Next time I'm paying the difference.

OP
OP
AZ_Liberty

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Tint wasn't as good as OEM. Next time I'm paying the difference.
Yeah, Ford actually does a decent job with the heat rejection on their glass. Not as good as an actual tint, but in AZ, every bit helps.

I'm leaning toward paying the difference, and remembering this when it comes time to renew my policy.

Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I gave up on that ā€œGet the OEM glassā€ game 2 replacement windshields ago. The Bronco is what it is. And that is that the damn thing is just a windshield cracking machine.

This most recent crack Iā€™m getting replaced on Friday was cracked by the Bronco itself. Driving down the dirt road to my house. Not another car to be seen in front or behind. Actually saw the rock get kicked up and forward by right front tire. Then SLAM!! Right into the windshield.

These damn Squatch tires literally throw rocks at themselves!!

Figured what the hellā€™s the point of getting that factory glass if itā€™s only going to last a couple months anyway? Iā€™m off that merry go ā€˜round. Just give me whateverā€™s cheapest.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I bet @StickerFab could come up with something if you really miss the "Bronco Est 1966" and "Accessory Ready" of the factory glass.

I will say, we had a windstorm here last week and I hit an owl with my non-OEM windshield - it rang it like a gong but held up. I thought I was gonna die - the owl definitely did. But no damage on the windshield at all, once I got it cleaned up.

So I won't talk too badly about the non-factory glass.

Ford Bronco Non-OEM Glass owl

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Weā€™ve got a serious crack spanning the width of the windshield now. Had a small chip right in the center for about a year, but recently my wife was warming up the Bronco on a cold morning, then she hit the window washer buttonā€¦ and watched as the crack grew to about 3 feet wide literally in seconds.

So Iā€™m following this thread to see if anyone has found a good solution. We were told the same thing from State Farm about not covering an OEM replacement, but we can make up the differenceā€¦ šŸ¤‘

Iā€™m not concerned about factory stickers or any of that. I just want a decent quality windshield that works properlyā€¦

BadmansSAS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquach
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Make sure you ask if you can get gorilla glass for the next one. Pay the difference and donā€™t look back. All new wranglers now come with gorilla glass.

Mjasi3

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Make sure you ask if you can get gorilla glass for the next one. Pay the difference and donā€™t look back. All new wranglers now come with gorilla glass.
interesting, a real thing?

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had a cracked windshield from a rock. I have full glass coverage with Allstate, they used Safelite to do the glass replacement. They said they were required to use an OEM replacement because of the sensors etc. My replacement has all the Bronco logo's etc. No extra charge.

Not like the old days of swapping out windshields and be on your way. After the windshield swap I had to drive around with the technician, hooked up a calibration device to re-calibrate the sensors etc.

Edit: I recently switched over to State Farm because my premiums kept rising every year (clean driving record). They say it's expected, to keep up with whatever. Unfortunately I see a previous post that stated State Farm didn't cover OEM replacement.

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I finally had my windshield crack. No worries, that's why I have a zero deductible on glass, right?

And for the first time ever, AAA is claiming my policy doesn't cover the cost of OEM glass, just aftermarket.

Suggestions? I already left a voicemail with my agent.

Policy is up for renewal next month, so they really picked the wrong time to get me angry.
If your Bronco has any of the distance sensing or light sensors attached to the windshield up around the mirror, you need to mention that to the adjuster and insist on OEM glass for both warranty and safety purposes. USAA immediately authorized OEM glass on both my Cadillac and Acura the past few years to ensure the sensors worked properly. They also paid for the calibration services on both to make sure all those safety tools continued to work properly. You have the right to insist your vehicle is repaired to manufacturer and FHSMV standards. If aftermarket glass meets all those so be it. If not, OEM it must be.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If your Bronco has any of the distance sensing or light sensors attached to the windshield up around the mirror,
All Broncos have a camera there for pre-collision assist and auto-highbeam.

I had aftermarket glass installed and the camera calibrated just fine with that.

As much as I hope you guys all get OEM glass paid for, I also hope you don't drive my insurance rates through the roof

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I gave up on that ā€œGet the OEM glassā€ game 2 replacement windshields ago. The Bronco is what it is. And that is that the damn thing is just a windshield cracking machine.

This most recent crack Iā€™m getting replaced on Friday was cracked by the Bronco itself. Driving down the dirt road to my house. Not another car to be seen in front or behind. Actually saw the rock get kicked up and forward by right front tire. Then SLAM!! Right into the windshield.

These damn Squatch tires literally throw rocks at themselves!!

Figured what the hellā€™s the point of getting that factory glass if itā€™s only going to last a couple months anyway? Iā€™m off that merry go ā€˜round. Just give me whateverā€™s cheapest.
I feel your pain...my first crack I was driving down the interestate with nobody within a few hundred yards...the back windows were off because I'd had the top down earlier and I hear "snap"...a few seconds later sure enough a crack starting from the top. Houston heat and a few months later it's all the way down to the bottom completely splitting the windshield (large part of it happened one day when I went to wash it). So went non OEM. Sure I miss the tiny details, but I also anticipate this will need a new windshield every couple years with Houston's rock trucks etc. I have a chip right now that I'm watching.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

interesting, a real thing?
It definitely is on Jeep - not sure it's an option on Bronco or not, but would be interested next time my glass eats it (because there will be a next time)
Sponsored