Sponsored

Not a bash poll more of opinion poll on do I buy my Bronco knowing about the 2.7 Motor issues?

Buy my new ordered Bronco with the 2.7 motor built late December or don’t buy her?

• Total voters

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe a better question is would you feel confident in taking a long road trip far from home ? in one in the questionable range.
Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do You really need the opinion of this forum to make this decision? You seem to have like 20 Fords for some reason and some of those are known to have had motor issues as well. GT350 Voodoo comes to mind. So what’s this poll really all about?

Plenty of people on here wont even get their Bronco for years and would gladly take a 2.7 Bronco with the small risk of failure that would be covered under warranty for years.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My spider sense says switch to the 2.3. I have learned one thing for sure in my over six decades of existence. NEVER ignore your spider sense. I just switched.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love how some are like “I have a warranty. Ford will just throw a new motor in!”
Except that a few of the owners who have blown motors are being told by their service tech that it’s going to be a long wait- there aren’t motors out there to put in. If you have a good backup or it’s not your daily driver I guess that’s fine. Some are trading in their primary for the bronco to be their primary. It causes a lot of issues in their circumstances- rental? Loaner? Constant phone calls and visits with the dealer and/or ford? It’s not just as simple as showing up and ford drops in a motor.

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If anyone needs that last little push to move to the 2.3 + 7-speed, perhaps this is it. Aside, of course, from a manual trans being the single best possible option on the Bronco.

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
As a percentage of total builds, the number of blown 2.7s is very small. Statistically, it's not something I would worry about at all. In the off chance something happens, Ford will rectify the problem. I just picked up my second 2.7L Bronco. No problems, love it!

OP
OP
Ice Age

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Do You really need the opinion of this forum to make this decision? You seem to have like 20 Fords for some reason and some of those are known to have had motor issues as well. GT350 Voodoo comes to mind. So what’s this poll really all about?

Plenty of people on here wont even get their Bronco for years and would gladly take a 2.7 Bronco with the small risk of failure that would be covered under warranty for years.
Great response and yes I own a lot of Fords. I am reaching out to the Bronco community to see what others views are to only reinforce the belief of the Bronco. And or maybe not so much which so far just a very small percentage are saying not to buy her. I belong to many many other car and motorcycle forums and this is the first time in all my years I have seen so many failed motors reported in what I feel is a small community of members. And I should clarify active members so that is very surprising to see IMO. I posted its not a BASH thread being I am huge Ford supporter and am excited to get mine. But at the same time I like to hear others views to come to closure on what makes sense. The Community has spoken and yes I will get mine and appreciate all who have participated😎

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Even if the "giant" failure rate of the 2.7 (isn't it like 24 out of 4000 at the moment?) was less than that, you'd still be taking a risk that something fails in your bronco, be it the 2.7 or something else entirely.
Test drive it when you get it and follow your gut/intuition.

OP
OP
Ice Age

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I feel the Thread is a good Tool for others to look at being should anyone be on the fence they will see the Majority support the Bronco no matter the issues.

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it has tires or ****s it's going to give you trouble eventually. Just buy it and enjoy life while you're still on the right side of the grass!

Sponsored

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Two words:
Warranty

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you'd be crazy to not buy the Bronco...it's the coolest new vehicle on the planet right now. So some engines are blowing at a higher than normal rate...you're chances are still very small that something happens, and if it does, it does. You could also get bitten by a shark, or hit by lightning, or die from Covid...but does it stop you from living? Man up and buy the thing and enjoy it.

It's amazing how obsessed and worried some are about this. Does Ford need to identify and fix the issue? Of course...but it is rare enough to not be of such concern to not buy it. If there is a long term problem, Ford will put a fix into place. Either way you win...get the truck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Holding out that in the 6-9 months it takes me to finally get mine, they'll have figured it out.

LSTLAF

First Name
Glort
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sphere shaped craft
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Failing to understand any logic and / or fear of the 2.7 failing.

We have far greater things to worry about getting in a car. Just getting in the car and driving we are at a 1 in 107 risk of dying over our lifetime.

I don't think that's gonna stop any of you from driving.

Source NSC
" According to the National Safety Council (NSC), an American's lifetime odds of dying in a car crash are 1 in 107 as of 2019.Jul 15, 2021 "
Sponsored