Sponsored

Not ok! Dealer taking liberties with customer and charging for unnecessary "Accessory Package"

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

JonathanDuong

First Edition
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey Brongco6G, just when I thought everything was going great. I got my VIN in November, then my build date, and now I have an estimated delivery date! Yes, this is where we have all wanted to be, right? But my salesperson at Lawley Ford in Sierra Vista just sent me my Purchase Agreement (attached below). Why would anyone want these things on a brand new soft-top Bronco? I was never informed of these extra fees and I chose this dealership because I thought they didn't charge ridiculous extra fees. When I asked if they could remove them because I don't need/want them, the head sales manager called and told me that they have such a small profit margin, they have to "make money somewhere." Isnt' that what "doc fees" are supposed to be for?

Anyone else dealt with this nonsense? Any suggestions on getting around it? I tried to change dealerships already (November 2021 case #), but no luck since Ford is so backed up on dealership transfer requests.

Bronco Purchase Order.jpg
Give Ford a call directly. If you placed the reservation and the order, the dealership should not have the right to modify without permission.

BucknB

Base
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Prius
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is a constant thing; these shady dealers smh. OP it comes down to are you willing to budge on the price? I understand and I'm sure many on here feel your frustration...every person who hasn't had their Bronco yet has to be thinking this; or that it has at least crossed their mind of the dealer they work with. Personally, I'm walking...give it a year or so as frustrating as it is. These dealers are showing their hands and Karma doesn't forget. Those nitrogen gas-filled bs is just another add-on dealers try to make money.

There was another guy here who had this issue with his dealer- ended up walking ad placed another order with a dealership who will sell at MSRP. If that is an option for you say the word and 6G does what they do for these shady dealers!

Raincloud

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep. They know they have me and that's why they don't care. The sales manager said multiple times that "Broncos are going for $30k over msrp so I should feel lucky that I'm getting it at a bargain..." Seriously? A bargain? Did they get me the bargain? Or did I reserve the Bronco, order the Bronco and track the Bronco? I even asked the manager what role they had in this whole process. He paused and said something to the effect of "we have to pay for it before you get it and take the risk..." What risk?
I completely understand. There’s no risk on Broncos right now with how few there are, how many people want one, and the ridiculous prices people are willing to pay. Mine is on the way to the dealership right now and being the pessimist that I am, I am preparing myself now. Originally, I said I would never negotiate and would immediately walk away (I’ve walked for far less on principle) but if I walk, they’ll sell it for huge ADM and I will have no vehicle. I have my non-negotiables, my deal breakers, and I have my walking away point but I will do what I can to get the Bronco I want and have waited for. I would absolutely regret letting a couple thousand dollars stop me from getting it and I would for sure regret giving the dealership the opportunity to sell it for a ridiculous mark-up by walking away if I could afford to. Seeing them make a huge profit would infuriate me more.

Sponsored

Havok

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Jim Ellis Ford in Sandy Springs.
My order is through Jim Ellis as well and I specifically asked my salesman about ADM and add ons again when I reordered for MY2022 a few months ago and was "told" there won't be any. Other than getting him to say that in an email, I don't know how to get this in writing since I don't want to sign any sort of document that forces me to buy the vehicle from them since I have no idea if/when it will be built. Who was your saleman?

OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I completely understand. There’s no risk on Broncos right now with how few there are, how many people want one, and the ridiculous prices people are willing to pay. Mine is on the way to the dealership right now and being the pessimist that I am, I am preparing myself now. Originally, I said I would never negotiate and would immediately walk away (I’ve walked for far less on principle) but if I walk, they’ll sell it for huge ADM and I will have no vehicle. I have my non-negotiables, my deal breakers, and I have my walking away point but I will do what I can to get the Bronco I want and have waited for. I would absolutely regret letting a couple thousand dollars stop me from getting it and I would for sure regret giving the dealership the opportunity to sell it for a ridiculous mark-up by walking away if I could afford to. Seeing them make a huge profit would infuriate me more.
Yes, this places us all into the position of being submissive. If the dealer hit you with a few extra hundred dollars in extra fees at the time of pick-up, they know you will not flinch or walk away. They have us and they know it. But what can we do? I know my wait is not nearly as long as others have been (I gave up the constraint items) but the alternative is getting back in line for a 2023? That is why I reached out to the Bronco6G Community and so far, I am impressed. We can all stand behind each other and show the dealerships that we're not going to be submissive and we're not just going to pay their ridiculous fees for no good reason. I just want to see transparency!

OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Finder's fee? It was on the lot!
Classic Seinfeld! That is so true. I literally did my homework in order to avoid this and here I am 2 weeks from delivery feeling helpless against the dealerships fees. Finders fee? Well, I found it. I reserved it. Ford built it. I tracked it. Some trucking company will deliver it. I will pay for it. Not sure what the dealership is doing?

OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My order is through Jim Ellis as well and I specifically asked my salesman about ADM and add ons again when I reordered for MY2022 a few months ago and was "told" there won't be any. Other than getting him to say that in an email, I don't know how to get this in writing since I don't want to sign any sort of document that forces me to buy the vehicle from them since I have no idea if/when it will be built. Who was your saleman?
If you want to transfer your order to McSpadden Ford in Globe, Arizona, they do not charge any additional fees whatsoever (not even doc fees!!). With the $$ you're saving, you can fly out to Phoenix and drive it back home. Sounds like a great road trip! I would ask your dealer/salesperson to send you a "purchase agreement" or "buyers order."

OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is a constant thing; these shady dealers smh. OP it comes down to are you willing to budge on the price? I understand and I'm sure many on here feel your frustration...every person who hasn't had their Bronco yet has to be thinking this; or that it has at least crossed their mind of the dealer they work with. Personally, I'm walking...give it a year or so as frustrating as it is. These dealers are showing their hands and Karma doesn't forget. Those nitrogen gas-filled bs is just another add-on dealers try to make money.

There was another guy here who had this issue with his dealer- ended up walking ad placed another order with a dealership who will sell at MSRP. If that is an option for you say the word and 6G does what they do for these shady dealers!
I agree but me walking away gets them more than MSRP, plus their ridiculous fees. So, I lose and they win. If someone goes to a dealership and sees a car on the lot with an advertised price and all the "fees" clearly listed, I understand that. But, I ordered this Bronco 9 months ago and called ahead to make sure they don't add those ridiculous fees. They said no. I should have got that in writing, I understand, but why not add it to every email (in the signature at the bottom, it could easily say that we charge "accessories' fees for every vehicle. That would have been fine had I known about it when ordering, but not 2 weeks from delivery.

Sponsored

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Interesting. Who is your salesman? I've been dealing with Sales Manager Kevin directly and then got passed on to Ezequiel

Again, I'm really not that bothered by it as I added on all things that I wanted such as tailgate table, etc. If it was tint, a bad alarm and "nitrogen" filled tires it would be another story.

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Under Number 1 If a written agreement is not established The dealer in their statement can add additional things to the vehicle (Tint, floor mats, etc..) unless specified in a written agreement with the client and dealer.
CA code. Would need something similar where the dealership is.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’d sign the agreement , return it, and then a week later Inform the dealership in writing that you are eliminating the “ not yet Installed” accessories.

Havok

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Interesting. Who is your salesman? I've been dealing with Sales Manager Kevin directly and then got passed on to Ezequiel

Again, I'm really not that bothered by it as I added on all things that I wanted such as tailgate table, etc. If it was tint, a bad alarm and "nitrogen" filled tires it would be another story.
I dealt with Thomas Hostetter when I reordered. Guess I need to have a follow-up email discussion with him about pricing and get something in writing besides the DORA I signed when they placed my order. I don't need $1,500 in accessories. Vehicle is already pricey enough.

Thanks for the quick replies!
Sponsored