Sponsored

Not possible to get "universal garage door opener" in Black Diamond trim?

tropical2020

First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Am I braindead or is it not possible to get "universal garage door opener" in Black Diamond trim? It appears this is what Bronco calls "home link"? I do not want homelink... I simply want built in universal garage door opener in my visor like I have had on ALL my vehicles. I don't like the clip (if I have to attach separate garage door opener) because the clip always leaves ugly deformed dent in my visor.

I was just on Ford website and I see in order to get that universal garage door opener you are forced to get the Luxe package on Badlands.. but I see no possible way to get the universal garage door opener on the Black Diamond trim?

For such expensive vehicle I think it is very lousy to not have universal garage door opener in all trims. I hate clutter and it's nice to have built garage door opener and to not have to store garage door opener. It's the small things in life that make me happy!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dog

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Am I braindead or is it not possible to get "universal garage door opener" in Black Diamond trim? It appears this is what Bronco calls "home link"? I do not want homelink... I simply want built in universal garage door opener in my visor like I have had on ALL my vehicles. I don't like the clip (if I have to attach separate garage door opener) because the clip always leaves ugly deformed dent in my visor.

I was just on Ford website and I see in order to get that universal garage door opener you are forced to get the Luxe package on Badlands.. but I see no possible way to get the universal garage door opener on the Black Diamond trim?

For such expensive vehicle I think it is very lousy to not have universal garage door opener in all trims. I hate clutter and it's nice to have built garage door opener and to not have to store garage door opener. It's the small things in life that make me happy!

I am assuming you are serious.

"Homelink" is the universal garage door remote. It's a brand name that is sold to auto manufacturers who use it in their cars. Just like Bang & Olufsen is the stereo brand that Ford installed in my Bronco.

So you do want Homelink...

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

No, it’s only available in the lux package. Easily fixed by getting a Homelink mirror or visor kit or a new or used lux visor.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went myQ which is cell phone based. It's slightly slower to close due to alarm but I am never going back. I can open my garage door with my phone, see if it's open and have it auto close at a certain time. It was less money then new remotes after my inlaws took a remote home.

Sponsored
OP
OP
tropical2020

tropical2020

First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am assuming you are serious.

"Homelink" is the universal garage door remote. It's a brand name that is sold to auto manufacturers who use it in their cars. Just like Bang & Olufsen is the stereo brand that Ford installed in my Bronco.

So you do want Homelink...

I have never heard of "homelink" before in my life... this is the first time I am hearing of it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tropical2020

tropical2020

First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model