John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I think a straight-axle-swap is a little extreme for a mall crawler but to each their own.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

3.Would I be effing myself on the “price guarantee” if I switched to a different build?
The price guarantee is worthless. It even states that the final price is between you and your dealer. C&P :

What does price protection for the 2022 and 2023 model year mean?
Ford will honor 2021 MY MSRP pricing for a similarly equipped vehicle for all customers who had a reservation or order as of March 19, 2021. The final selling price is based on the buyer’s agreement with your selected dealer.

You have to ask your dealer what their pricing stragtegy will be.
MSRP + ADM ?
MSRP ?
Invoice ?
Sub-invoice ?

Is your dealer ethical? They should honor whatever pricing strategy you agreed on previously.

But , they probably/possibly do not HAVE to.

The new order is essentially a new contract. I'm betting that we will hear a lot of complaints about dealers taking advantage of that fact now that the rarity and DEMAND for the Bronco are well known.

Something to the effect of, "Oh, by the way, for 2022 we are asking for a $5k over MSRP now.", where before they sold at MSRP or invoice.

TankCommander

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Type R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am having trouble finding wheels that won't poke out. Most of them have 0 offset, but the stock is 55mm. Since the mud flaps don't fit with the step, that is a recipe for trouble, my friend.
Look at the Bronco accessory wheel. Most on here don't like it. It's 18x8 with a 55mm offset.

One dealer has put a 33" tire package together with this wheel.

DarkPony

Outer Banks
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F250 Platinum, 97 Porsche 993
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was in the same boat, I ordered an OBX because it will be the wife's daily driver. I test drove a wild track and loved it but still think the OBX will be better for daily. I figured I would ad a small lift and 35'S for off-road if I felt it needed it, what I really wanted from the SAS package was the lockers. but for as much real off-roading this thing will see I can always ad an aftermarket rear locker if it needs it. I did ad the 4x4 Auto after my 3rd order change which does get the gearing closer to the SAS closed differential. I saw a BD at a dealer that was non SAS, it looked good but would look meaner with some meaty 35'S, but I have a 6" lift and 37's on my truck so I'm kind of bent that way. The OBX non SAS has an older landrover appeal to it I like as well.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am add 33.5"x12.5" tires on my OBX, and these are a lot cheaper than going to the WildTrak. My OBX was $47.9k, rims and tires were under $2k.

So picture my OBX below with the rim/tire combo leaning against my F-150. My "Flex on steroids" build is a 2 door OBX 2.7 with the advanced 4x4 transfer case 4.27 rear locker and I opted for the LUX and TOW packages. I kept my fog lights on the standard bumper. Carbonized Gray with the Roast interior.

Ford Bronco OBX or Wildtrak? Screenshot_20210527-111608_Chrome

Ford Bronco OBX or Wildtrak? 20210703_154456

Last edited:

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Early August 2020 res. Order placed for OBX, High, Leather, MIC, Tow. I am #70 or so in line and the dealer has about 40 allocations. Once B&P for 2022 opens, I’m planning to switch to soft top and drop tow.

Chose OBX because I like the design and won’t be doing much off-roading, if any.

However, I much prefer the SAS look, but don’t need the added performance that comes with.

4. Would it make more sense to just stick with OBX and get aftermarket wheels/tires?
This guy went the route of a lift and tires and got really nice results:
Outer Banks with 4WP and Nitto goodies | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

Others are just going with a slightly larger tire (275) on the stock rim and getting a little bigger look for a mostly street ride.

Tire and wheel combinations are endless, just use the search feature and see what others have done. I'm sure that if option 4 is your path, you can achieve your goal.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I test drove a 2.3 BL and by brain (and wallet) is telling me that will be more than enough for anything I ever do…my heart is telling me to get the 2.7 *just cause*
I could have written that post myself John. I finally decided to go with my heart, "just cause". :)

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am add 33.5"x12.5" tires on my OBX, and these are a lot cheaper than going to the WildTrak. My OBX was $47.9k, rims and tires were under $2k.

So picture my OBX below with the rim/tire combo leaning against my F-150. My "Flex on steroids" build is a 2 door OBX 2.7 with the advanced 4x4 transfer case 4.27 rear locker and I opted for the LUX and TOW packages. I kept my fog lights on the standard bumper. Carbonized Gray with the Roast interior.

Goodness Mark, I need to live in Texas. Seems like ever place around me that I put together a set of RTR's, and 285/70R17 AT tires I'm just a frogs hair shy of 3K for a set of 5.

OP
OP
TtotheZ

TtotheZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Trizah, this video may help you with question #4. They put 35's on their OBX, and I think it looks great.

Thank you for this!

OP
OP
TtotheZ

TtotheZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you, everyone, for your feedback! These comments were very helpful. After reading through everything and playing with B&P a little more, I think I'm going to stick with OBX, straight up. Love the grill, the interior options, and prefer the body-colored flares and mirrors. I will definitely be getting bigger tires and possibly a lift, but I really can't justify the added expense of SAS or WT for what will be my daily driver/shorty hauler.

Plus, that'll leave some extra $$ to get a better sound system : )

You guys are awesome:love:

Sponsored
OP
OP
TtotheZ

TtotheZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This guy went the route of a lift and tires and got really nice results:
Outer Banks with 4WP and Nitto goodies | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

Others are just going with a slightly larger tire (275) on the stock rim and getting a little bigger look for a mostly street ride.

Tire and wheel combinations are endless, just use the search feature and see what others have done. I'm sure that if option 4 is your path, you can achieve your goal.
Thanks for the link! Saw one today that kept the stock wheels and 33's and it actually made a big difference!

OP
OP
TtotheZ

TtotheZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Love the rims!

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you for this!
You are welcome young lady. Trying to pick wheels, and tires for my OBX has nearly drivien me nuts. It worse than picking a color. :)

Well the color was actually easy. I had Race Red picked, but the wife likes Area 51. Sooooooo........lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
TtotheZ

TtotheZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You are welcome young lady. Trying to pick wheels, and tires for my OBX has nearly drivien me nuts. It worse than picking a color. :)

Well the color was actually easy. I had Race Red picked, but the wife likes Area 51. Sooooooo........lol
lol good luck with that! I actually have A51 on order, but I doubt I'll keep it. Race Red has grown on me! I'm hoping they introduce more options than the two they've already announced for MY22.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

lol good luck with that! I actually have A51 on order, but I doubt I'll keep it. Race Red has grown on me! I'm hoping they introduce more options than the two they've already announced for MY22.
Wow, just the opposite.

BTW, this calculator will help you see the difference in the tire sizes you are thinking about.

https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/
Sponsored