TonkaTruck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you sure about that? In 2023 Ford offered a $2500 credit to cancel your three deadly sins (#1 was drop the mic) or else you lose all your price protection and you don’t get a Bronco. Seems pretty forceful to me.
I took the $2500 (+$695) credit and bought a brand new hardtop take off locally for $5000. Ended up getting scheduled right away so I basically received dual tops for $1800.

I love having both OEM tops. A fully retractable soft top is key during the summer months and the modularity of the OEM hardtop makes it super easy to remove and store.
Sponsored

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you sure about that? In 2023 Ford offered a $2500 credit to cancel your three deadly sins (#1 was drop the mic) or else you lose all your price protection and you don’t get a Bronco. Seems pretty forceful to me.
Ordered Feb 2022, converted to 2023. Ford offered us the $2,500 credit if we bailed on the hard top but we rejected it. Ended up getting scheduled 2 months later anyways.

Ford doesn’t owe anyone who took the offer anything. You already got the $2,500 credit.

Dreamer

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So if you add the mic hardtop to a soft top vehicle, does that mean you increase the value of your bronco by $5000?

Manotick Badlands

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if this is this also applicable to Canadian customers, or just USA. :unsure:

Not sure if they follow the same communication channels or not.
Didn’t they say “very limited supply”? Things in limited quantities typically seem to satisfy the US market first.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford didn't MAKE anyone switch to a soft top. They offered it as an option to get your Bronco sooner. People got screwed in many other ways, but no one was forced to make the switch.

We never flinched and got 2 2021 hardtops (October and November)
Actually I recall in 2023 some people were told if they did not switch, they risked not getting a 2023 Bronco, hence risked losing price protection. So while customers were not forced to change, they were strong armed with pressure of no 2023 Bronco if they didn't. (Dropping hardtop didn't apply to me as my order was for a 2-door.)

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup! Only reason I don’t complain about taking the softie is I never wanted a MIC, I hate the color and the quality. Wanted a MOD top. but the Anderson is close enough and better in some ways 😎

Last edited:

Tacnav#1

Badlands
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge AWD, F-150, Dodge Challenger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Major points....Sometime in March, through Ford Performance, limited availability (no idea if that's total or actual on-hand), ship to e-commerce accessory dealer or home (+ super salty freight charge), $4,995.00 + $300.00 if you want dealer installed.

I know nothing else outside what's in the attachment.

Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 9.29.45 PM.jpg
Thanks for sharing this information. I think this will be on my short list!

Last edited:

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

During the last few months of MY '23 scheduling, as the calculations continued about how many reservations were yet to be filled, that last rough number I saw was about 8-10K( with one of mine being in there somewhere, did not want to change anything). My Raptor got scheduled shortly after that (notified late August '23). Without seeing any actual numbers from Ford, I'd be willing to guess that there was somewhere between 3-6K long term "I'm not changing a damn thing" reservation holders that never got scheduled. Breaking those estimates down further based on 2D vs 4D and holding out for a hard top vs ordered a soft top, perhaps less than 2-3K people never got their ordered 4D hard top. These are just guess's on my part based on my "not always correct" guesstimate from reading this forum for the last 3 or so years.

techdisaster

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Ford Motor Company Wait, let me get this straight. i got my bronco 3 years ago and i still have to wait another year after placing my order to get it plus wait to be "invited" to order it?
Yeah. It’s the reservation system all over again. You better hope Ford and your dealer have all your correct information before you become eligible for the offer, and then you get put in some kind of line.

Are Ford Performance Parts subject to Dealer allocation? I noticed that there are region specific rules on dealers. So will some dealers get more parts than others based on sales?

Sponsored

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are Ford Performance Parts subject to Dealer allocation? I noticed that there are region specific rules on dealers. So will some dealers get more parts than others based on sales?

I am sure the regionality has to do with the shipping to Alaska and Hawaii. Also, some of the other states are states where Ford does not sell accessories online anywyas. It has to deal with state specific franchise laws.

Kevin Scarbel

Everglades
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Everglades 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
What about the Advanced Fiberglass Concepts hardtop that was introduced by Town & Country Ford on their YouTube channel (at 2:18).
Has any member bought it? Feedback?
It seems to me that an aftermarket company, after studying the OEM Webasto hardtop, could easily improve upon it.

BrowniesBD

Black Diamond
First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Isn't that a rip off? I paid abt $2500 for MIC Hardtop+SoftTop during ordering...

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What about the Advanced Fiberglass Concepts hardtop that was introduced by Town & Country Ford on their YouTube channel (at 2:18).
Has any member bought it? Feedback?
It seems to me that an aftermarket company, after studying the OEM Webasto hardtop, could easily improve upon it.

oh sweet summer child

the short version: ADV took full payment upfront from many people, gave refunds without a fuss, is 1 year late to shipping orders, shipping is imminent, but nobody has received a thing yet, you have to assemble it yourself :)

Kevin Scarbel

Everglades
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Everglades 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
oh sweet summer child

the short version: ADV took full payment upfront from many people, gave refunds without a fuss, is 1 year late to shipping orders, shipping is imminent, but nobody has received a thing yet, you have to assemble it yourself :)
I've no idea what "oh sweet summer child" means.

Thank you for the short version. I like Town & Country Ford's videos, and the top sounded good. With a background in truck manufacturing, I can say that making RV hardtops isn't exactly Webasto's specialty.
Sponsored