Sponsored

Ok, Who Are The MN Future Bronco Owners!?

OP
OP
dejones64

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It'll be a pretty fun test having a Bronco, Bronco Sport, and Ranger Tremor together. I'll take a look at recovery ropes, been meaning to get one anyway.
(y) yea I was going to take a quick look around see what I can come up with for recovery stuff.

If it's cold enough maybe the ground will be frozen so we don't have to deal with mud.

I'll get back to the BroncoSportForum to see if anyone/MN is interested...
Sponsored

Last edited:

SEkevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Absolutely! The more the merrier, especially if someone gets stuck!

Anyone here familiar with MN/WI trails? Anyone have suggestions?

Once we decide on a trail/location, pick a date, we can post an invite here, meet at location X and go from there?
I will watch this thread to see if something is up for a trail run. I am also a zero real experience guy!

Tork

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am hoping to take delivery of my Badlands two door ,tomorrow. Cambridge mn. If anyone wants to off-road their new bronco, or any other off highway vehicle, google off road vehicle parks in Minnesota. You will be pleasantly surprised at the number of options. I am ina off road club, called The Mn Go-4- Wheelers. Look us up. We welcome all makes and models of trucks and side by sides. Join a club or buy a trail sticker for your bronco and tread lightly!

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for the info. I too am awaiting my Bronco. In the meantime I purchased a Bronco Sport Big Bend and want to explore some forest/low maintenance roads. Could be a challenge with the snow.

I've taken a look see at the MN DNR website for trails... https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/ohv/az.html

Maybe we need to do a MN meetup...
What does the OHM mean?

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Laddyaddy19

Black Diamond
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima, Evo X, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Landon
Grand forks/East Grand Forks.
There is a local group here that I have joined and plan on doing some wheeling with locally once my BD SAS is broke in. I’ll follow this thread for meet ups. If there is anyone close to me please add me and I’ll do the same. Looking forward to seeing more Broncos on the road soon.

OP
OP
dejones64

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

FWIW, my wife and I were looking to maybe hit a couple back country roads the day after Christmas but haven't really planned anything, just wanted to go somewhere nice to take snowy Bronco pictures. Otherwise, I'm basically available any weekend, my jobs allows me lots of free time in the winter. Also, I have no recovery gear yet so dont get that Bronco Sport stuck in deep snow or we'll be doing a lot of digging and pushing 😅
Possible meet-up this Sunday the 26th? Where does everyone live, where is a good meet location?

I wanted to get some recovery boards before then but can't seem to find any (good ones) by the 26th. Looking at 2-way radios - any recommendations?

Edit: I'm in the Zimmerman area, NW of the Twin Cities about 45 mins.

Last edited:

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Possible meet-up this Sunday the 26th? Where does everyone live, where is a good meet location?

I wanted to get some recovery boards before then but can't seem to find any (good ones) by the 26th. Looking at 2-way radios - any recommendations?

Im in Brooklyn Park. I'm gonna stop at 4WP today and see what they got in stock for recovery gear, its super close to my place.

Here are a couple trails I found on the DNR page that say they allow ORVs and aren't super far away. It's kind of hard to figure out if they are still open to ORVs or if its just snowmobiles and ATVs now that it's winter. The last link is a list of OHV trails and you can sort by ORV to find ones that we would be allowed on. Spoiler alert, there isn't much in MN for actual designated trails.
https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/ohv/trail_detail.html?id=36
https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/ohv/trail_detail.html?id=11
https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/ohv/az.html

I also checked out gravelmap.com. If we wanted to take it pretty easy and just get off the pavement a little we could just find some gravel roads to try out some snow driving a little if it isn't plowed or packed down. On the map, there is an area near Zimmerman with some gravel roads and a bridge that look like they go through a creek area. If that interests you at all, check out Blue Mound Cemetery on Brande Rd on Google Maps. The street view at the entrance looks like there is a gate but I cant read the signs on street view so idk if we can get in there or not. Its a pretty short road, like 3.5miles or so, but looks like there are other connecting gravel roads to explore.

One place I really want to check out once we have more people interested and have more Broncos is Spider Like OHV Area. But until we get some experience and a bigger group, I'm good with sticking to easier and closer trails, forest roads, or even just gravel back roads.

I know nothing about 2-way radios but I have a couple walkies that I use when snowboarding with buddies that have never failed me.

SEkevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I am out. I will be with family for the holidays. If you make it out let the rest of us know how it goes! Merry Christmas!

Sponsored
OP
OP
dejones64

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Im in Brooklyn Park. I'm gonna stop at 4WP today and see what they got in stock for recovery gear, its super close to my place.

Here are a couple trails I found on the DNR page that say they allow ORVs and aren't super far away. It's kind of hard to figure out if they are still open to ORVs or if its just snowmobiles and ATVs now that it's winter. The last link is a list of OHV trails and you can sort by ORV to find ones that we would be allowed on. Spoiler alert, there isn't much in MN for actual designated trails.
https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/ohv/trail_detail.html?id=36
https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/ohv/trail_detail.html?id=11
https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/ohv/az.html

I also checked out gravelmap.com. If we wanted to take it pretty easy and just get off the pavement a little we could just find some gravel roads to try out some snow driving a little if it isn't plowed or packed down. On the map, there is an area near Zimmerman with some gravel roads and a bridge that look like they go through a creek area. If that interests you at all, check out Blue Mound Cemetery on Brande Rd on Google Maps. The street view at the entrance looks like there is a gate but I cant read the signs on street view so idk if we can get in there or not. Its a pretty short road, like 3.5miles or so, but looks like there are other connecting gravel roads to explore.

One place I really want to check out once we have more people interested and have more Broncos is Spider Like OHV Area. But until we get some experience and a bigger group, I'm good with sticking to easier and closer trails, forest roads, or even just gravel back roads.

I know nothing about 2-way radios but I have a couple walkies that I use when snowboarding with buddies that have never failed me.
Your first link is to trails in the Nemadji State Forest which includes your second link Gandy Dancer. This has been on my list to do. DNR shows it as open as of now. There are some vids on youtube but I can't find anything recent, 1-2 years ago. I'm up for this location.

Gandy Dancer trail looks like a good start, long and straight, wide enough as I'd want to avoid trail pinstriping for now 😬.

Depth of snow is the unknown right now. You can lead, pack it down a bit. I do at least have Falken Wildpeak AT3W 245/65/17 tires.

I'll print out this map of the trails in Nemadji https://gdrs.dnr.state.mn.us/gdrs/apps/pub/us_mn_state_dnr/mndnr_geopdf_download/OHV/Nemadji, Straight Arrows and Washington Ramsey GEO.pdf

Your thoughts? I have not garnered any interest on the broncosportforum sight.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dejones64

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am out. I will be with family for the holidays. If you make it out let the rest of us know how it goes! Merry Christmas!
I understand that, it is so close to Christmas and we announced on such short notice. Sleepy Eye would be quite the drive too. Almost have to make a weekend of the trip. I do want to do some long weekend camping trips too, but not in the winter yet. We'll keep posting out here for future meets. Have a great Holiday!

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your first link is to trails in the Nemadji State Forest which includes your second link Gandy Dancer. This has been on my list to do. DNR shows it as open as of now. There are some vids on youtube but I can't find anything recent, 1-2 years ago. I'm up for this location.

Gandy Dancer trail looks like a good start, long and straight, wide enough as I'd want to avoid trail pinstriping for now 😬.

Depth of snow is the unknown right now. You can lead, pack it down a bit. I do at least have Falken Wildpeak AT3W 245/65/17 tires.

I'll print out this map of the trails in Nemadji https://gdrs.dnr.state.mn.us/gdrs/apps/pub/us_mn_state_dnr/mndnr_geopdf_download/OHV/Nemadji, Straight Arrows and Washington Ramsey GEO.pdf

Your thoughts? I have not garnered any interest on the broncosportforum sight.
I've been eyeing that trail for a while now too, looks like a good beginner trail with some nice scenery. I posted to MN Soft Roaders group on Facebook asking if anyone knows what that trail is like in winter. I'll let you know what I find out but I'd be in for that trail. How bad can it be? We haven't had all that much snow and I'd guess lots of others have taken that trail recently so it should be relatively easy to get through it. Or we'll get some real world recovery experience with minimal recovery gear haha

TheeBullhead

First Edition
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Crossfire
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m jealous over here. Hoping to get my Bronco by the mid-January estimated date on my tracker. Please post pics and vids of your outing! Oh, and I’m in Plymouth.

OP
OP
dejones64

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been eyeing that trail for a while now too, looks like a good beginner trail with some nice scenery. I posted to MN Soft Roaders group on Facebook asking if anyone knows what that trail is like in winter. I'll let you know what I find out but I'd be in for that trail. How bad can it be? We haven't had all that much snow and I'd guess lots of others have taken that trail recently so it should be relatively easy to get through it. Or we'll get some real world recovery experience with minimal recovery gear haha
(y) First time out and needing recovery would be quite the unwanted experience. Most of the snow was washed away with that rain. Of course that was around the cities, unknown up there.
Sponsored