First Name
Deno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
$50k is getting close to Explorer ST territory. My Outer Banks build is close to yours and I'm seeing about $52k. If Ford keeps the pricing as high as we've seen, it's gonna be a tough choice.
you right.. worst part is i might go off road only 1 time... for 50k,, just driving it at the shore house w top and doors off for 50k... the more i think about it the crazier it is but im still going to do it...lol..

OB w 12" screen.. B & O stereo... Leather... V6... getting it below invoice with X-plan i think we are under 50k,,, Cant think of anything else it needs...
Sponsored

LIBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does the outer banks trim come with the body colored painted hardtop?

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So who is going to Squatch their OBX? I'm seeing a lot of build lists that don't include it. Price point getting too close to the Wildtrack? Just curious.

I reserved an OBX, and the squatch package is a must have for no other reason than I like the taller, brawnier look. I didn't love my FJCruiser until I lifted it and put 33s on it to fill out the wheel wells. I admit the price point of a moderately loaded OBX is making me look around at other trim levels.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So who is going to Squatch their OBX? I'm seeing a lot of build lists that don't include it. Price point getting too close to the Wildtrack? Just curious.

I reserved an OBX, and the squatch package is a must have for no other reason than I like the taller, brawnier look. I didn't love my FJCruiser until I lifted it and put 33s on it to fill out the wheel wells. I admit the price point of a moderately loaded OBX is making me look around at other trim levels.
I reserved an Outer Banks and I think adding Sasquatch would make it the opposite of what I'm looking for. Instead of smooth riding it would be rough, loud and sit higher making it more difficult to get into.

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I reserved an Outer Banks and I think adding Sasquatch would make it the opposite of what I'm looking for. Instead of smooth riding it would be rough, loud and sit higher making it more difficult to get into.
I agree ^ I think the sqautch package is awesome for a factory offering but I don't need it. My ride will spend most of its life on the road and what offroading I will do any factory bronco will be sufficient.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The OBx with "some" options will be cheaper enough to the WT to make it worth it as long as you don't want to much.

But like me, squatch, 2.7, hard top all a must and I'm getting real close to WT. Won't know for sure until B&P ... oh and someone told me that OBx doesn't come with the 4A transfer case where WT comes with it... another must have for me.

TankCommander

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Type R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The OBx with "some" options will be cheaper enough to the WT to make it worth it as long as you don't want to much.

But like me, squatch, 2.7, hard top all a must and I'm getting real close to WT. Won't know for sure until B&P ... oh and someone told me that OBx doesn't come with the 4A transfer case where WT comes with it... another must have for me.
From the FORD website

4A is an OPTION under Power and Handling features for the Outer Banks

"Advanced 4x4 with Automatic On-Demand Engagement"

Obi-Wan Broncoby

Outer Banks
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Why is the 4A a must have? I've never had that so I'm wondering what I might be missing. Also, what's a reasonable cost to associate with it? TIA

Kaldur_Ahm

Big Bend
First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So i think I’ve reached my budget with OBX + High + 2.7 + molded hard top.

I’d love to add a Sasquatch package but won’t use all the off road features. Any idea what i could add aftermarket to get that stance from the Sasquatch? Tires and lift? Etc. i don’t mind spending another couple grand vs 5k for full Sasquatch.

Sponsored

Chamberlin

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So i think I’ve reached my budget with OBX + High + 2.7 + molded hard top.

I’d love to add a Sasquatch package but won’t use all the off road features. Any idea what i could add aftermarket to get that stance from the Sasquatch? Tires and lift? Etc. i don’t mind spending another couple grand vs 5k for full Sasquatch.
It's not terribly difficult to get the Sasquatch 'stance' with eventual aftermarket tires and wheels and lift kit, but don't forget the Sasquatch package includes important things like a 4.7:1 final drive to deal with the big tires. It's unlikely you're going to be able to get aftermarket tires, wheels, lift, extended fenders and re-gearing for less than $5k, so if that turns out to be the actual price on the Ford website, it's actually a pretty good deal. I'm sure there is a way to half-ass it if you really wanted to, to save a bit vs. Sasquatch, but why in the world would you do that to a brand new $40-$55K truck?

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's not terribly difficult to get the Sasquatch 'stance' with eventual aftermarket tires and wheels and lift kit, but don't forget the Sasquatch package includes important things like a 4.7:1 final drive to deal with the big tires. It's unlikely you're going to be able to get aftermarket tires, wheels, lift, extended fenders and re-gearing for less than $5k, so if that turns out to be the actual price on the Ford website, it's actually a pretty good deal. I'm sure there is a way to half-ass it if you really wanted to, to save a bit vs. Sasquatch, but why in the world would you do that to a brand new $40-$55K truck?
Agreed. No way you can Sasquatch cheaper aftermarket for the same $ and same engineering. I just want to drive one before I decide.

gonyr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why is the 4A a must have? I've never had that so I'm wondering what I might be missing. Also, what's a reasonable cost to associate with it? TIA
It's perfect for those times when the road is basically clear, but there are sections of blowing or drifting snow. It automatically switches to 4H when you hit the snow and start to slip, then back to 2H on the dry areas. I leave my truck in 4A all winter.

joshofthefall

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Scion tC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've completely forgotten about the potential hard top upgrade since I don't know how I feel about the MIC yet... Up until that realization I've been very pleased with my calculated cost of 2 door + 2.7 + Lux. ?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

4A allows you to basically have it on while in conditions that are not ok for actual 4H... for example, rain, light snow, etc on paved roads.

It is the "AWD" for the Bronco. 4H and 4L can only be used when the surface is guaranteed to be slippery enough so tires have the ability to slip and not bind.
Sponsored