F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just got this parking brake fault message for the first time today. I'll be watching this thread for updates.
Sponsored

mccurtain

Base
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just got the fault message for the first time pulling into the parking lot at work. Watching this thread too.

OP
OP
Ares

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
At some point Ill take it back in to ford. I still get the error on probably half my startups at this point.

turning the car off and back on "fixes" it.

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Happened on my car this morning as soon as I opened the driver door.
Rapid beep and that message came up on the instrument cluster.

Though after starting the car everything are working normally. I tried parking brake, it still works fine. Checked Ford App, says no issue detected. Odd issue indeed...

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Happened on my car this morning as soon as I opened the driver door.
Rapid beep and that message came up on the instrument cluster.

Though after starting the car everything are working normally. I tried parking brake, it still works fine. Checked Ford App, says no issue detected. Odd issue indeed...
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

Sponsored

RaceRedOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine did this yesterday while at home parked in the garage. The vehicle hadn't been driven in a few hours and when the door was opened a constant tone alarm went off and the instrument panel stated "Parking Brake Fault (Service Now)". The thing is... the parking brake wasn't applied and is never used on the vehicle. I closed the door/opened it back and the warning was gone.

Ashventure

Base
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This just happened to me too.. and I’m supposed to drive up north next weekend. Hopefully the error doesn’t pop up again… will have it checked out when I get back. Just hoping it doesn’t give me any issues. I never set the parking break either…

Babyzak

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Wrangler, 2010 Camaro,2022 4 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had this happen to wifes Bronco last week. Took to dealer and said it was a leaking caliper that shorted the actuator. They replaced them, they drove now they got a code for REAR DIFF LOCK FAILURE.
Now keep in mind it has 6k miles on it, Never been off road , NEVER 4 wheeled.. Diff lock NEVER ENGAGED. Had NO ISSUES AT ALL WITH DIFF, drove perfect. Just e brake issue.
They say a connector in rear diff came loose and chewed up a harness.
They said need to replace WHOLE DIFF CARRIER [Differential And Carrier Assembly - Ford (MB3Z-4200-B)]. Part on back order , they have no clue on when it will be available.

So i went from a driving Bronco to a dead HORSE by correcting braking brake issue..with no further info.
Fingers crossed I dont have issues with my Bronco...

riverotter

Outer Banks
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 4dr OBX, Lux, Sas, 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got the Parking Brake Fault error a few times last week. At the time, I'd had my Bronco less than three weeks. I scheduled an appointment at the dealership for today. They said there are no stored codes, and the brakes look fine. I guess I'm waiting for this to occur again. Hopefully there will be more definitive answers by then.

Prerunnit81

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This happened to ours today. Opened the door, parking brake fault light came on and beeping noise. Started it up and it’s fine. Super weird.

Sponsored

bronco_billy

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crown Vic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This happened to ours today. Opened the door, parking brake fault light came on and beeping noise. Started it up and it’s fine. Super weird.
I'm now part of the club! Opened the driver's side front door this morning as it was parked in the garage. 3 quick chimes and got the message in the dash. Went away quickly before I could even hit the start button. Started up fine and drove fine. I did shut it off and let it sit for a bit and could not replicate the error. Nothing in the app to report. I have an appointment on Tuesday to have it looked at. I will update once I get it back.

bronco_billy

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crown Vic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Update: Got my truck back today. No codes were found. Ran FDRS and performed a self test and found no trouble codes. They went ahead and performed an ABS module update and cleared everything out. I will report back if I have any further issues.

Side note: My software updates are set to go off on Saturdays at 1:00 AM. The issue happened Saturday morning when I went to open the door. Service guy said if the update was interrupted for some reason that could have caused the code to pop the first time I attempted to start things up after the down load. We shall see!!

Toph B.

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Happened to us this morning for the first time, alarm went off when opening the driver door and cleared before I could sit down. No problems when driving. Has there been any recalls for this problem, seems like a lot of people have this issue.

Krisegon

Outer Banks
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GMC Yukon SLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Add another one to the list, happened about an hour ago.

Earlybroncoboy

Badlands
First Name
Wagner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22Bronco,76bronco,73bronco,06F250,96F250,97F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Add mine to the list just happened when I opened drivers door. No real issues though. Parking brake works as it should
Sponsored