Sponsored

"Patches" - must be an off-road thing - what are you doing with them?

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been in a number of car genres over the decades, drag racing, muscle cars, autocross, road course cars, performance muscle cars, etc - and now that I'm into the off-roading thing, I'm finding that these velcro backed 'patches' are a thing - I know some people aren't a fan of the carpet-backed seats even with the Badlands- but it gives me a place to put my velcro-backed patches - what do you do with yours?
Ford Bronco "Patches" - must be an off-road thing - what are you doing with them? IMG_9091.JPG
Sponsored

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I always wondered where do people even get these patches. Do you just go into some gift shop at the national Park you're at or something?

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I always wondered where do people even get these patches. Do you just go into some gift shop at the national Park you're at or something?
I'll be putting them on the headliner. Yes park gift shops, local stores may have them. Some I'll be getting on Amazon like state flag patches or patches related to where I was, if I can't find it local to the area.

Something else I've seen that might be fun is the National/State Parks Passport Book. Can actually get it stamped in the gift shop/information center. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=state+pa...tate+park+,aps,116&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_4_11

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Some of the patches are to document my travels/experiences and others have been gifted to me. In the case of the NP patches, they will be embroidered that you'll have to adhere Velcro to the back so they can be affixed to the seat back(s) or headliner. Note, for some parks, the patches are unique to individual sites/gift shops. For example, you can see 3 different Great Smoky Mountains National Park (GSMNP) patches. One is for Clingmans Dome which is only available at the specific gift shop and not at others. Another is for Cades Cove (only available at the Cades Cove gift shop) and the third is available at the general entrance.
Ford Bronco "Patches" - must be an off-road thing - what are you doing with them? 20221128_163901

I went with stickers on the tailgate.
Ford Bronco "Patches" - must be an off-road thing - what are you doing with them? 20221128_163901
As have I after I saw how thin the paint is on the inside tailgate. I consider them to be a sacrificial PPF in a way.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'll be putting them on the headliner. Yes park gift shops, local stores may have them. Some I'll be getting on Amazon like state flag patches or patches related to where I was, if I can't find it local to the area.

Something else I've seen that might be fun is the National/State Parks Passport Book. Can actually get it stamped in the gift shop/information center. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=state+park+passport+book&sprefix=state+park+,aps,116&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_4_11
They also have a coin book that you can do. I didn't look at the details but I think maybe the back side of quarters or something? Sort of like that one when you get the 50 state quarters but apparently they have something about that size that has national parks on the back.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They also have a coin book that you can do. I didn't look at the details but I think maybe the back side of quarters or something? Sort of like that one when you get the 50 state quarters but apparently they have something about that size that has national parks on the back.
After the State Quarter series ended, the US Mint produced the America The Beautiful series. Each design is in commemoration of a National Park Site.