Sponsored

What are some small, nit-picky things you want done right with the Bronco?

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
We all know the big things. Good off-road capability, removable top, engines etc. What are some small things you want? Here are some for me:

1.Locking storage under the rear seat, glovebox, center console, and in the back. If the roof comes off I still gotta secure my stuff!

2. I’d love a rotopax mount or two on the back.

3. Sunglass storage by the rearview mirror.

4. Manual shift transfer case. Ford hasn’t had one in a long long time but in the Bronco I feel it’s needed.
Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At least an 8” infotainment screen with Apple CarPlay and full digital dash like the ‘18 mustang

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
1. Let us completely turn off traction + stability control easily. Preferably with just a button that you push/hold, not something hidden in a menu in the touchscreen
2. Upfitter switches like the Raptor for easy accessory wiring
3. Good shrouded passenger map lights that don't shine at the driver so that a passenger can have it on at night
4. Physical buttons/dials for important things like cabin temp, stereo volume, etc so that you don't have to mess with a touch screen to adjust stuff while on the move

ETA:
At least an 8” infotainment screen with Apple CarPlay and full digital dash like the ‘18 mustang
5. Agreed on a decent size screen with CarPlay, but must be landscape orientation, well integrated into dash and not look stuck on like some cars (IE: 2020 Explorer)
6. If it has a digital dash, must have a traditional appearing circular tach display. I really dislike the linear bar tachs.

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
My biggest concern is a full removable roof. There's been rumors floating around about what kind of removable top the Bronco will have, I'm hoping for a full removable cap like on the originals and on the Wrangler, along with unobtrusive rollbars for better rear storage and more open air. Plus I like the idea of it being a practical mini-pickup once you remove the rear seats and cap for actual hauling like pic related, the rumors about the convertible mode just being removable rear windows and sunroof panels seem pretty disappointing in comparison.

Bronco Render 1.png

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1. Let us completely turn off traction + stability control easily. Preferably with just a button that you push/hold, not something hidden in a menu in the touchscreen
2. Upfitter switches like the Raptor for easy accessory wiring
3. Good shrouded passenger map lights that don't shine at the driver so that a passenger can have it on at night
4. Physical buttons/dials for important things like cabin temp, stereo volume, etc so that you don't have to mess with a touch screen to adjust stuff while on the move

ETA:

5. Agreed on a decent size screen with CarPlay, but must be landscape orientation, well integrated into dash and not look stuck on like some cars (IE: 2020 Explorer)
6. If it has a digital dash, must have a traditional appearing circular tach display. I really dislike the linear bar tachs.
You made me go look up the 2020 explorer interior lol. They have screen that is landscape and one that is portrait. I think the portrait one is the upgrade. Not sure on the differences

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Dipstick for the transmission. I don't want to have to put it on a lift to check fluid level or do basic service on it. Ford and other manufacturers have done a lot of this lately.
  • Drain plugs for the differentials and transmission that aren't likely to get damaged or jammed with skids and are accessible with a skid plate on.
  • Easily accessible grease fittings for all major joints.
  • Headlights than can be reasonably easily replaced with higher performing after market options. (i.e. simple round shape and standard size)
  • Electrical system that easily integrates upfitter switches and accessory blocks. The computer or charging system can't get confused when people start adding lights, winches, compressors etc.
  • A touch screen infotainment panel that can seamlessly be removed and replaced with something else in the future without cutting up the dash. If the vehicle is any good it should outlast any typical generation of electronics -- I don't want it to look like someone just taped a tablet over a bizzarely shaped gaping hole in the dash when the replacement comes. The same goes for any other digital display in the gauge cluster etc.
  • Bumpers and other lower and outer panels that can easily be replaced (ie not seamlessly integrated into huge body panels) so they can be removed and replaced easily with undamaged or aftermarket units.
  • Body contours that lend themselves to being easily vinyl wrapped -- good for protective films and decorative ones, an easy way to offer personalized styling and build community around the model
  • Fender flares and wheel wells that can easily accommodate tires sized up to at least 37" without cutting, while allowing full articulation under minor lift

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
1. ditto on the sunglass storage; it's on my Escape & gets used a lot
2. no auto start/stop
3. removing or folding down the back seat should provide a flat surface. When you fold the seat on Escape it doesn't lie flat

4. oh yeah...I hope it isn't badged "BroncoBronco"

Last edited:

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We all know the big things. Good off-road capability, removable top, engines etc. What are some small things you want? Here are some for me:

4. Manual shift transfer case. Ford hasn’t had one in a long long time but in the Bronco I feel it’s needed.
I could be wrong, but I feel like if you are doing a manual transmission (basically confirmed ;) ) then this is a no brainer, but we'll see. I definitely want that though, low range as well!

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Easily serviceable. IE fluid and filter changes shouldn't require specialty tools and a engineering degree.
Pitch and roll indicators in off road modes.
Auto start stop that can be disabled and left disabled. Don't want to have to turn it off every time I start it.

Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If Ford doesn't offer a low range the may as well not even bother...
Oh they definitely are, I was just getting excited/needlessly clarifying

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
  • A touch screen infotainment panel that can seamlessly be removed and replaced with something else in the future without cutting up the dash. If the vehicle is any good it should outlast any typical generation of electronics -- I don't want it to look like someone just taped a tablet over a bizzarely shaped gaping hole in the dash when the replacement comes. The same goes for any other digital display in the gauge cluster etc.
If you're going to use glass over real gauges, let me configure it with what I want ala TorquePro. Allow me to select the colors, designs, sizes, and data that I want so that I can most easily identify the paramaters I want to monitor. Otherwise, I AM going to tape a tablet over your $$$ BS infotainment system just to show the world how it could have been done had you decided to do it correctly.

Everything else you mentioned... I agree. But this one needed calling out.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Easily serviceable. IE fluid and filter changes shouldn't require specialty tools and a engineering degree.
Pitch and roll indicators in off road modes.
Auto start stop that can be disabled and left disabled. Don't want to have to turn it off every time I start it.
Good thing I have an engineering degree then, this doesn't affect me.
Sponsored