Sponsored

What are some small, nit-picky things you want done right with the Bronco?

Ole Skool Bronc

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ3B Willys, 1G Bronco, TJ Jeep, Dodge Diesel.
I’ve got a solution for ya!

[banned site].com
Classicbroncos.com

I think you might be better served at one of these places :)
I already own a 72 Bronco and a 51 Willys.
Ya'll may like electronically controlled plastic, I don't
Ya'll may like your vehicle telling you how to drive, I don't
Ya'll may like like being monitored every second you drive, I don't
Ya'll may like being subject to limp mode whenever your vehicle decides, I don't.

I was just hoping to NOT be at the mercy of some incomprehensible state of the art cutting edge complex electronics after I've wheeled into some place with no phone service and inaccessible by tow truck.
Sponsored

Ole Skool Bronc

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Remember The Early Bronco With The. SHIFT ON THE TREE ? F250 Has It. More Console Room Leave The Dam Dial For The Radio . Screw The Floor Shift Also! Ya!l Killing Me.
Remember? I had one; moved it to the floor and installed a Hurst.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I already own a 72 Bronco and a 51 Willys.
Ya'll may like electronically controlled plastic, I don't
Ya'll may like your vehicle telling you how to drive, I don't
Ya'll may like like being monitored every second you drive, I don't
Ya'll may like being subject to limp mode whenever your vehicle decides, I don't.

I was just hoping to NOT be at the mercy of some incomprehensible state of the art cutting edge complex electronics after I've wheeled into some place with no phone service and inaccessible by tow truck.
They've already made the vehicle you're looking for 20+ years ago, why don't you just go and buy that one? It seems the ONLY reason you want a "new" Bronco is so that you can call it "new"

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They've already made the vehicle you're looking for 20+ years ago, why don't you just go and buy that one? It seems the ONLY reason you want a "new" Bronco is so that you can call it "new"
And the electronic stuff is no more complex than the mechanical stuff. It’s a different field that’s all.
Take the time to learn something you. You might enjoy it.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
And the electronic stuff is no more complex than the mechanical stuff. It’s a different field that’s all.
Hell, I'm having a more difficult time figuring out wtf is wrong with my old mostly-analog Nissan Skyline right now than I EVER have on any of my more electrical-centric post-2000 cars. it's all just different fields of study... I can diagnose a faulty electrical system, but I don't know how to build a carb. Could I learn? Sure, and it wouldn't be that hard, thus I wouldn't gripe and groan about it if it came down to learning how, I'd just do it

Sponsored

Ole Skool Bronc

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol, aren't you totally clueless!

FYI; been a union electrician all my life. The last half designing / building automated systems and programming the PLC's for the food processing industry. I always carry my own scan gauge on any electronically controlled vehicle I'm driving Everyone should - just as much as a jack or jumper cables.

Yeah, I kinda know about the "different field"

Look, your making it awful hard not be a dick, but you really have no idea. Even the simplest non PID loop sensor (open or close input) not giving a timely input can be a nightmare if the problem is in one of the many connections between the sensor and the ECM. It's even worse when it's an intermittent bad connection caused by vibration or changes in temperature. (This is all assuming it is the only contact/input programed in the software control circuit). Even then, unless prompted by a code, the input from the sensor could be satisfied and other conditions not, or....the output circuit controlled by this particular set of inputs could be the culprit.

So even the simplest of electronic problems must first be isolated from the mechanical, then tested with specialized equipment to see if its operating correctly. This can be extremely difficult as most times the software on ecm's is proprietary.

Electronics as easy as Mechanical, you must be smoking something strange.

Last edited:

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

FYI; been a union electrician all my life. The last half designing / building automated systems and programming the PLC's for the food processing industry. I always carry my own scan gauge on any electronically controlled vehicle I'm driving Everyone should - just as much as a jack or jumper cables.

Yeah, I kinda know about the "different field"

Look, you making it awful hard not be a dick, but you really have no idea. Even the simplest non PID loop sensor (open or close input) not giving a timely input can be a nightmare if the problem is in one of the many connections between the sensor and the ECM. It's even worse when it's an intermittent bad connection caused by vibration or changes in temperature. (This is all assuming it is the only contact/input programed in the software control circuit). Even then, unless prompted by a code, the input from the sensor could be satisfied and other conditions not, or....the output circuit controlled by this particular set of inputs could be the culprit.

So even the simplest of electronic problems must first be isolated from the mechanical, then tested with specialized equipment to see if its operating correctly. This can be extremely difficult as most times the software on ecm's is proprietary.

Mechanical as easy as Electronics, you must be smoking something strange.
I’m surprised somebody with your background can’t fathom why Ford and every other major car manufacturer builds cars this way today then.

Bottom line (looks aside) cars today are just plain better than their counterparts of the past. Expecting Ford to build a car like it’s the 60s or 70s is dumb. Coming to here to complain about it is even dumber.

If you like the old designs and engineering there are plenty available to restore or buy a BIW and build up how you want. The rest of us want a vehicle engineered in this century lol.

Ole Skool Bronc

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m surprised somebody with your background can’t fathom why Ford and every other major car manufacturer builds cars this way today then.

Bottom line (looks aside) cars today are just plain better than their counterparts of the past. Expecting Ford to build a car like it’s the 60s or 70s is dumb. Coming to here to complain about it is even dumber.

If you like the old designs and engineering there are plenty available to restore or buy a BIW and build up how you want. The rest of us want a vehicle engineered in this century lol.
You still don't understand. No offense but I'm guessing you're a millennial. What we build, we build right - regardless of cost (within reason). A food processing plant cannot afford to go down leaving workers idle and food spoiling in the lines, not to mention the clean up cost.

Does any car manufacturer build a automated system with impeccable functionality as its primary goal? No; cost is their primary goal. Furthermore have you EVER obtained or been able to look at the programming logic inside a ECM? Hell no - the manufacturer makes it so you HAVE to go to them. And when you do you, you have to pay some kid $100/hour who can only read codes and trial and error replace parts.

If you had any understanding of what I'm saying, you'd quit with the stupid "build it like the 60's" comments.

Look; programming needs to be user friendly; or at least able to be read by the owner. It would be even better if it was accessible to reprogramming (within reason). Electronics need to be higher quality, and better connections.

The KEY here is the wireless interface. Only an complete idiot (not necessarily you) doesn't realize the absolute power you are giving others (who do not give a rats ass about you)
over your vehicle. In most cases this is inconsequential, but in an emergency it can be life or death for you and your family.

Personally I've come within inches of a wreck because my electronic nanny thought it knew better than me.

Put electronics in the new Bronco, I don't care. But make it quality, simple and give me access to the programming. And NO backdoor wireless interface!
Is that to much to ask for?
According to this "educated" Forum; apparently so.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You still don't understand. No offense but I'm guessing you're a millennial. What we build, we build right - regardless of cost (within reason). A food processing plant cannot afford to go down leaving workers idle and food spoiling in the lines, not to mention the clean up cost.

Does any car manufacturer build a automated system with impeccable functionality as its primary goal? No; cost is their primary goal. Furthermore have you EVER obtained or been able to look at the programming logic inside a ECM? Hell no - the manufacturer makes it so you HAVE to go to them. And when you do you, you have to pay some kid $100/hour who can only read codes and trial and error replace parts.

If you had any understanding of what I'm saying, you'd quit with the stupid "build it like the 60's" comments.

Look; programming needs to be user friendly; or at least able to be read by the owner. It would be even better if it was accessible to reprogramming (within reason). Electronics need to be higher quality, and better connections.

The KEY here is the wireless interface. Only an complete idiot (not necessarily you) doesn't realize the absolute power you are giving others (who do not give a rats ass about you)
over your vehicle. In most cases this is inconsequential, but in an emergency it can be life or death for you and your family.

Personally I've come within inches of a wreck because my electronic nanny thought it knew better than me.

Put electronics in the new Bronco, I don't care. But make it quality, simple and give me access to the programming. And NO backdoor wireless interface!
I have qualifications that align close enough with vehicle development for me to grasp the concept of why Ford won’t do what you want apparently easier than you. I’m not trying to get in a pissing contest with you so I couldn’t care less about flaunting my career accolades.

It’s funny you tried to pull the millennial card yet you are the one complaining and whining about stuff that won’t change. Shouldn’t millennials be the entitled ones?

Major manufacturers are not in the business of making their software accessible and configurable by the average Joe. There is no incentive for them to do so. You should pretty much never have to dive into your ECU programming and if you have to you’ve got a lemon.

Asking for certain features or options is one thing, but some of you guys are asking for Ford to completely change their manufacturing model/philosophy and you know it. It’s pointless lol

Ole Skool Bronc

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Major manufacturers are not in the business of making their software accessible and configurable by the average Joe. There is no incentive for them to do so.... lol
Screw the major manufacturers. If they don't make their software readable and within reason programmable I don't have to buy their POS. It's millennials like yourself who keep them in business by just going along to get along and continuing to buy whatever they want you to buy. If people stood up for themselves they could use their purchasing power to force the major manufacturers to build what we want.

You like the fact you are monitored and your vehicle can bricked via wireless interface?
Surely you don't (if you do; you ought to take a history class)
But even if you don't like it; you'll cave to satisfy your desire for instant gratification.

I was hoping the New Bronco was going to be a come back like the Mustang. After just a few days on this forum I'm seeing it is Not and now beginning to see why. Now I'm kicking myself for waiting for the Bronco. Should of bought the 2018 JK Recon when I had the chance.

Sponsored

Ole Skool Bronc

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The rest of us want a vehicle engineered in this century lol.
I'll try to remember to look for you on the trail in late 2021. I'm sure you'll be easy to spot; New Bronco with cheap lift and fender flares, wheel'n with windows up, air conditioning full blast, slamm'n the rap and hot boxing your new rig with a couple blunts.

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Pulling the millennial card shows that you don't actually have a good argument, so you resort to name calling. There's plenty of things we can infer about you being a union worker.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was hoping the New Bronco was going to be a come back like the Mustang
This. This right here is the hypocricy that everyone has been pointing out this whole time. Every post you leave contradicts itself in one way or another. I cannot fathom how someone so intimately knowledgeable about the auto industry is so utterly clueless. FYI qualifying yourself to speak about modern electronics by being a "union electrician" is like saying you qualify to speak on combustion engine design because you change your own oil, or play with legos.

And here's the kicker, most of us on here agree with a lot of your interests (which ironically contradict themselves in other posts) you are just being so intentionally insufferable I don't get it.

Bottom line is Ford is planning to unseat the Wrangler, whether through direct competition or better competition. Basically every complaint of yours applies to the Wrangler, let alone every modern vehicle. Ford is not going to build something obsolete. If you are truly so skilled and knowledgeable in the ways the government can control your modern vehicle then it should be no issue to solve. Ever heard of code? or a faraday cage? Your options are endless

Last edited:

DonovanJM

First Name
Donovan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang, 2014 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

A union electrician who programs PLC's thinking he is an electronic technician. :cwl::cwl::cwl:
Sponsored