Sponsored

Paying MSRP for new 2022 Bronco with 60 miles on odometer - good deal?

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thx for your input. I really appreciate it.

It got all the options I want and a couple of more I wouldn’t mind. My 7 year old suv still works fine so I don’t really need a new car. That’s also why I have the luxury to shop around. I did mange to negotiate my trade-in close to what I would get from Carmax and Carvana, so that I don’t lose money there. It’s indeed 5k less than I would get one year ago. But the trade in value is still above what I would get in a normal market and it can only get worse from here.

Based on the feedbacks I got here, MSRP from dealer lot seems to be a good deal today. But if the dealer tries to not honor the deal, I will just walk out the door.

I do seem to see more abandoned orders recently, probably due to interest rates and markets cooling down. I anticipate there will be more next year. So it should be easier to get MSRP or even lower. I can always wait.Who knows, maybe I will like a Sienna.
I just moved back to PA 18 months ago after 25 years in FL, so I know a bit about hurricanes (especially from surfing). And I was in Naples the day after Ian helping my MIL, and I think the odds of an Ian flooded or otherwise affected brand new Bronco is very low.
Thx for your input. I really appreciate it.

It got all the options I want and a couple of more I wouldn’t mind. My 7 year old suv still works fine so I don’t really need a new car. That’s also why I have the luxury to shop around. I did mange to negotiate my trade-in close to what I would get from Carmax and Carvana, so that I don’t lose money there. It’s indeed 5k less than I would get one year ago. But the trade in value is still above what I would get in a normal market and it can only get worse from here.

Based on the feedbacks I got here, MSRP from dealer lot seems to be a good deal today. But if the dealer tries to not honor the deal, I will just walk out the door.

I do seem to see more abandoned orders recently, probably due to interest rates and markets cooling down. I anticipate there will be more next year. So it should be easier to get MSRP or even lower. I can always wait.Who knows, maybe I will like a Sienna.
No problem, one thing I've learned personally from buying too many vehicles over the years is that patience is a virtue. I will never buy off the lot again, unless it is exactly what I want with maybe a few extras, otherwise I will order.

The other thing I've learned from being on vehicle forums for 20 years is that everyone will brag about the great deal they got, and it makes us all feel like we should squeeze the dealer for every penny. But in reality, its better to overpay a bit for exactly what you want then to get a good deal on something you won't be happy with. ;)
Sponsored

OP
OP

aaaaaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just moved back to PA 18 months ago after 25 years in FL, so I know a bit about hurricanes (especially from surfing). And I was in Naples the day after Ian helping my MIL, and I think the odds of an Ian flooded or otherwise affected brand new Bronco is very low.

No problem, one thing I've learned personally from buying too many vehicles over the years is that patience is a virtue. I will never buy off the lot again, unless it is exactly what I want with maybe a few extras, otherwise I will order.

The other thing I've learned from being on vehicle forums for 20 years is that everyone will brag about the great deal they got, and it makes us all feel like we should squeeze the dealer for every penny. But in reality, its better to overpay a bit for exactly what you want then to get a good deal on something you won't be happy with. ;)
I am kind of the opposite. Ford got so many trims and options. I had to do a lot of homework just to know what I really want. I know it would be impossible for me to do custom order without doubting or regretting my decisions afterwards. It would be easier for me just to pick one from the lot and be done with it. 🤣

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am a little ashamed that I probably won’t go off-road much if I buy it.
This is not a good deal for you then. You should get a lesser model without the off-road goods and save lots of $

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
....Hard tops are still constrained, and will remain so for quite some time.
Assuming this was also part of your "IMHO?" I would argue my "OPINION" is completely opposite. I cannot tell you how many new hard tops I see in my area......more in recent 6 months, 4dr and 2 dr, including my own......and am now seeing overwhelming hard tops versus soft tops. Colorado weather I think makes soft-top owners idiots and/or those willing to compromise. Also, I have been obsessive about tracking threads considering my way-fucking-overdue delivery and I would suggest most vehicles being delivered in my area are hard-tops these days. I would argue nobody really WANTS a soft top.......Ford has just forced upon their buyers that a soft top was acceptable in lieu of a hard top as long as they could get it quicker. Sorry, but a soft-top is a bullshit concession. Probably not a popular opinion, but I would also emphasize that the threads I see where everyone contributing to the "should I get a soft-top thread" are mainly those who conceded to a soft-top but would never admit they would have rather had a soft top. Nobody wants to openly admit to something they chose even though it is what they might regret and would have done differently.

I love stirring shit up, so bring it on.....but I cannot fathom why a soft top would be preferred over a hard top as a daily shituation......especially in a place where you have real winters and real summers, i.e. most of the USA.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I cannot tell you how many new hard tops I see in my area......more in recent 6 months, 4dr and 2 dr, including my own......and am now seeing overwhelming hard tops versus soft tops.
You should see more hard tops than soft tops. That doen't change that Hard tops are highly constrained. Ford never bought enough tooling to meet demand for the hard top. They can only build about 80% of broncos with hard tops, and customer demand for soft tops was about 12%, which is why people could get a soft top built in 3-4 months and my Base 2-door took 19 months.

Demand for soft tops is much lower than demand for hard tops, and supply is much higher.

Sponsored
OP
OP

aaaaaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You should see more hard tops than soft tops. That doen't change that Hard tops are highly constrained. Ford never bought enough tooling to meet demand for the hard top. They can only build about 80% of broncos with hard tops, and customer demand for soft tops was about 12%, which is why people could get a soft top built in 3-4 months and my Base 2-door took 19 months.

Demand for soft tops is much lower than demand for hard tops, and supply is much higher.
I though they messed up the hard tops at first and had to replace all of them with new ones. That’s one of the reasons they got so many just waiting in the lot. I hope they already learned the lesson and could improve their production rate soon.

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I though they messed up the hard tops at first and had to replace all of them with new ones. That’s one of the reasons they got so many just waiting in the lot. I hope they already learned the lesson and could improve their production rate soon.
They did, and they replaced all the bad 1.0 version MIC tops.......plus they opened a second factory for the MIC tops since then. Very old news. I really would have a hard time believing that is a constraint at this point. Again, just my opinion, but you know what they say about opinions.....

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I smell a troll. Or an idiot.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Assuming this was also part of your "IMHO?" I would argue my "OPINION" is completely opposite. I cannot tell you how many new hard tops I see in my area......more in recent 6 months, 4dr and 2 dr, including my own......and am now seeing overwhelming hard tops versus soft tops. Colorado weather I think makes soft-top owners idiots and/or those willing to compromise. Also, I have been obsessive about tracking threads considering my way-fucking-overdue delivery and I would suggest most vehicles being delivered in my area are hard-tops these days. I would argue nobody really WANTS a soft top.......Ford has just forced upon their buyers that a soft top was acceptable in lieu of a hard top as long as they could get it quicker. Sorry, but a soft-top is a bullshit concession. Probably not a popular opinion, but I would also emphasize that the threads I see where everyone contributing to the "should I get a soft-top thread" are mainly those who conceded to a soft-top but would never admit they would have rather had a soft top. Nobody wants to openly admit to something they chose even though it is what they might regret and would have done differently.

I love stirring shit up, so bring it on.....but I cannot fathom why a soft top would be preferred over a hard top as a daily shituation......especially in a place where you have real winters and real summers, i.e. most of the USA.
I’ve actually had both. Currently in a two door so it’s hardtop, but I thought the soft top on the 4 door was great. But I’ve had a lot of rag top jeeps so maybe I’m in the minority.

BuckBaker

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco, 1983 280zx, 2023 Mach-E (eta 1/6)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m sure whenever my 11/21 blend date 2023 Bronco arrives it will have something like 50 miles on it after sitting on chip hold at a lot in Michigan somewhere the next month or two. :LOL:

7/20/20 reservation, ordered 1/29/21

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why is this even questionable?
because people cannot make decisions for themselves anymore. They need some sort of validation from total strangers on the internet. Comedy.
Sponsored