Sponsored

Percentage of users that really need Badlands? (edit correction)

Deputy909

Outer Banks
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150, 2013 Traverse, 2007 Mustang Conv.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How many of the 125,000 that converted will really use their rigs in situations that require the abilities of sasquatch and locking front diff and disconnecting front stabilizer?

I for one had to come to the reality that over capability for the cost was not a good buy, for me.

What % will be mall crawlers?

What % will only be driven on gravel or forest fire roads?

What % will see deep water crossings or deep mud bogs?

What % will take part in serious rock crawling?
Sponsored

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Who gives a shit?

Drive your vehicle the way you want and get what you want.

Im so sick of this bullshit of people judging others or shaming or implying others are posers.

Move on, no one here needs to justify shit to anyone.

If I want the most hardcore rig possible to take my 3 year old to daycare what's it to anyone else?

Edit: sorry that got a bit aggressive. I realize you weren't really trying to imply any off that.

Last edited:

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is my daily driver and road trip vehicle. As such I wanted the Lux Pkg and didn't want SAS. Leaves me either in a OBX or BL. I like the looks of the BL way more than the OBX so now I have an over qualified vehicle for what I'll probably use it for. Ford kind of painted us into a corner with the inability to A-LA-Carte options.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So you listened to the voice of reason...nothing wrong with that! Most likely a very small percentage will be hard core off-roading (rock crawling, deep water fords, etc.)

OP
OP
Deputy909

Deputy909

Outer Banks
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is my daily driver and road trip vehicle. As such I wanted the Lux Pkg and didn't want SAS. Leaves me either in a OBX or BL. I like the looks of the BL way more than the OBX so now I have an over qualified vehicle for what I'll probably use it for. Ford kind of painted us into a corner with the inability to A-LA-Carte options.
Very similar to my thoughts. I picked OBX (wife insisted on running board) figure it might see some fire roads but not much else.

Sponsored

Bronck

Base
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
So why do people buy Shelby’s and Corvettes? If you use them to their potential, you probably won’t have your license very long!

RiverRat001

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Fusion, 18 Grand Caravan, 78 F250, 81 CB750F
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here we go again lol

My actual needs could be met with a corolla, hiking boots, maybe a mountain bike

i actually wanted a manual BD mid, but we know how that went. Getting a BL for the extra cameras and sensors, makes it less intimidating for my better half to drive. But hey, spotlights on the mirrors, stronger front axles, and a front locker for snow will definitely keep me from having buyer’s remorse.

we live in a world of excess, no need to knock those that add a little extra just for the fun of it

OP
OP
Deputy909

Deputy909

Outer Banks
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Very similar to my thoughts. I picked OBX (wife insisted on running board) figure it might see some fire roads but not much else.

Who gives a shit?

Drive your vehicle the way you want and get what you want.

Im so sick of this bullshit of people judging others or shaming or implying others are posers.

Move on, no one here needs to justify shit to anyone.

If I want the most hardcore rig possible to take my 3 year old to daycare what's it to anyone else?
I was not looking for justification, I agree spend your money on what you love. I was just curious about peoples thought processes.

jkburg

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura 2020/2022 ILX, 2017 RDX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
How many of the 125,000 that converted will really use their rigs in situations that require the abilities of sasquatch and locking front diff and disconnecting front stabilizer?

I for one had to come to the reality that over capability for the cost was not a good buy, for me.

What % will be mall crawlers?

What % will only be driven on gravel or forest fire roads?

What % will see deep water crossings or deep mud bogs?

What % will take part in serious rock crawling?
I ordered an FE. I will use about .05% of its off capabilities initially to go through city pot holes and maybe some dirt roads. I may drive through peoples yards I don’t like. Will that change? Maybe, depends if the wife enjoys off-roadeo. Do I feel guilty or regret. Absolutely not.

Sponsored

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was not looking for justification, I agree spend your money on what you love. I was just curious about peoples thought processes.
Sorry about the tone. I added an edit to my previous post.

I went with the BD package because the optional advanced 4x4 and MGV interior.

I felt those would be really valuable to me.

Big_Ed

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The primary reason I ended up deciding between a Black Diamond and a Badlands as opposed to any of the other trims is because of the MGV interiors and the washout flooring. Only trims with those features available. I ended up going with a Badlands, and do plan on doing some off-roading in it, but nothing I couldn't have done with a base model or hell, even a Bronco Sport, but I like the look of the Bronco as well as the two features I mentioned above.

OP
OP
Deputy909

Deputy909

Outer Banks
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry about the tone. I added an edit to my previous post.

I went with the BD package because the optional advanced 4x4 and MGV interior.

I felt those would be really valuable to me.
No issues. Thanks for replying.

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kinda with brocotect on this one...

Got a BadSquatch myself, and while I may not be doing any SUPER hard core rock crawling. I will 100% be in many situations where the lockers, 35 inch tires, and extra clearance will be necessary. For reference, fully plan on doing Black Bear Pass soon after I take delivery, and when weather permits if I end up taking delivery in winter. Moab will be one of my first trips as well, although I'm not trying to keep up with the buggies and super modified rigs.

Statistically however, 95% of my time will be on the street as is likely with probably everybody here unless you're buying as a dedicated trail rig. Sure as hell doesn't mean it's too much truck. Could I do all that stuff with less, yea probably. However, as I've said before, I've worked my ass off for the past 10 years, and I've earned myself at least this one indulgence.

Last edited:

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My thought process..

Since early 2000 I’ve been waiting. Last year, they finally announced its officially coming. Not 1 but 7 different trims.

me: I like ____
Vs
“I will use that for ____”

what i mean is, get what you like and if you use it for ____ then awesome! You were able to use what you LIKE. If you don’t use it for ____, you still have what you like. The end.
Sponsored