First Name
dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi...looking for help with something. I took my Bronco Badlands in for the warranty work and an oil change and decided to do the Performance Chip Upgrade. The dealer here in Portland had my vehicle for two weeks and couldn't get the chip to unlock and work with the engine. They have done multiple 2.3s. I know the upgrade is marginal at best for the 2.7, but I wanted it. Anyone been able to get it installed? The dealer called Ford Performance and was waiting for an update when the tech went on vacation so I went ahead and picked up my vehicle and I'm in a waiting mode for them to call me. They didn't hesitate to charge me for the chip and apologized while I wait....they also quoted higher than the price which Ford said it was going to cost...they also wouldn't give me the 20% off being offered on the part on the accessories page Ford keeps doing.
Sponsored

OP
OP

deanosf

Badlands
First Name
dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any other 2.7 performance upgrade ideas are welcome if someone has had any luck. Sorry

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hi...looking for help with something. I took my Bronco Badlands in for the warranty work and an oil change and decided to do the Performance Chip Upgrade. The dealer here in Portland had my vehicle for two weeks and couldn't get the chip to unlock and work with the engine. They have done multiple 2.3s. I know the upgrade is marginal at best for the 2.7, but I wanted it. Anyone been able to get it installed? The dealer called Ford Performance and was waiting for an update when the tech went on vacation so I went ahead and picked up my vehicle and I'm in a waiting mode for them to call me. They didn't hesitate to charge me for the chip and apologized while I wait....they also quoted higher than the price which Ford said it was going to cost...they also wouldn't give me the 20% off being offered on the part on the accessories page Ford keeps doing.
If you're speaking about the Ford Performance Procal device with calibration we have tons of customers who have ordered them and installed the calibration with ease. Plenty of awesome reviews as well as helpful tips in the thread below.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...rd-performance-calibration-tune-review.56574/

For those interested in picking one of these up we have plenty in stock and ready to ship.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/f...ry-tool-2021-2022-bronco-2-7l-m-9603-b27.html
m-12655-f_3-jpg.jpg

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My local dealer tech was at first stumped, but a week later they did get the program installed correctly.

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 GT500’s FGT MACH I Z8
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you're speaking about the Ford Performance Procal device with calibration we have tons of customers who have ordered them and installed the calibration with ease. Plenty of awesome reviews as well as helpful tips in the thread below.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...rd-performance-calibration-tune-review.56574/

For those interested in picking one of these up we have plenty in stock and ready to ship.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/f...ry-tool-2021-2022-bronco-2-7l-m-9603-b27.html
Ford Bronco Performance Chip 2.7 engine m-12655-f_3-
Any tips on how we install this Ford product ourselves without Ford jerking us around on future warranty issues?

Even if I knew of a dealer who does the installs, I don’t have great confidence in them getting it right, or done at all.

Sponsored

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The directions are provided online (the QR code included will take your directly to them). They are quite clear and easily followed.

One thing that isn't mentioned anywhere and I fought for a minute is you cannot have both cables (usb to PC and DLC connector cable) connected at the same time. One or the other, depending upon where you are in the tune process.

Bustinbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Escalade 06’ Lexus 470
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My Ford dealership ordered the 2.7 tune for me about 8 weeks ago, but still has not been delivered. Has anyone else had to wait this long?

Bustinbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Escalade 06’ Lexus 470
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was wondering, I think I’ll ask them for the order number so I can call them myself and inquire.

STEED77

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I do not hear much about the speed limiter removal. I do like Lethal performance as they have lots of good options. I have been on what way here to choose for a few months...

Myself I am looking for 50-60+ increase TQ, 93 and a MPG tune, better shift points and top speed removal.

On my 17 2.7L F-150.. I had a 5startuning. It was very good on that platform.

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those of us who did it ourselves had zero issues. Hell, I don’t even have a high school diploma and it was easy enough to do.

My 3 local ford dealers pulled about every excuse they could find on why it shouldn’t be done, can’t be done, and the procal 4 isn’t for ford products.

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I do not hear much about the speed limiter removal. I do like Lethal performance as they have lots of good options. I have been on what way here to choose for a few months...

Myself I am looking for 50-60+ increase TQ, 93 and a MPG tune, better shift points and top speed removal.

On my 17 2.7L F-150.. I had a 5startuning. It was very good on that platform.
Thanks for the kind words!

The top speed limiter is not raised with the Ford Performance calibration. Whipple raises it with their cal to 120mph.

Let us know if you have any other questions and we'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks!

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

BenNM1

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023/Badlands/4door/Base/Lux Package
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will this tuner work on a 2023?

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Will this tuner work on a 2023?
Unfortunately not yet. Ford Performance is awaiting the EO for the MY23 Broncos. We're hoping to see them released in the next few month and we'll be sure to make a formal announcement.
Sponsored