First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As the title states, Ford has released a version of their catch cans for the 2.7 Eco engine. What is interesting it is for both sides. They have a can for each. The price, 625$ Oof!

What are your thoughts on this? I know we have been round and round on rather a catch is needed for the 2.7, with the direct and port injector system, it's interesting that Ford has released this.

Thoughts?

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6766-B27

Ford Performance air/oil separator KIT for 2021-2023 Bronco w/2.7L Eco Boost engine.
  • Separate left and right canisters
  • All required hoses, brackets, and hardware included
  • Precision molded canisters with unique filter media separates oil vapor from the air in the PCV system
  • Designed and engineered specifically for installation on the Ford Eco Boost family engines
  • All OEM quality hoses and fittings are used for a high quality installation and function
  • This is a highly engineered system, not a universal "fits-all" kit, developed by the experts that know your Bronco engine best
  • Canisters are easy to drain by removing PCV lines off canister, removing canister and draining oil
  • Engineered and manufactured in the USA
Part Number: M-6766-B27
Retail Price: $625.00
Instruction Sheet: Available (PDF)

Ford Bronco Ford Performance DUAL catch cans for 2.7 engine now available M-6766-B27_TEMP
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

coadr

Badlands
First Name
Coady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Huh, this should be interesting. I was feeling pretty confident running without a catch can for the last 16k miles, but now I'm rethinking it seeing this.

OP
OP
Ninjak

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If these are like most FP parts, they are relabeled. If you can figure out who the OEM is you can get them cheaper.
Hmm not so sure about this. These look like and seem to be like the catch cans for the GT350. I had purchased one and it was stamped all over FoCo. Worked well I might add. I think it may be cheaper at aftermarket outlets, they usually are, but these look to come from Ford. Thus their marketing...

• This is a highly engineered system, not a universal "fits-all" kit, developed by the experts that know your Bronco engine best

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm skeptical about it honestly.

BUT... curiosity got the best of me and I installed it on my 2.3L Bronco over the weekend. Going to run it for 3-4 months until my next oil change and then I'll make a post once I get the results.

If I don't "catch" any oil in the 2.3L catch can then my hunch is you won't need it on the 2.7L given it is port injected. BUT, the strange thing about the 2.3L catch can is output is pre-turbo rather than directly into the intake manifold. Not sure if the 2.7L kit is the same (I assume it is), but if I catch a bunch of a gunk maybe it's worth it just to keep the turbos a little cleaner? Not sure.

We shall see.

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hmm not so sure about this. These look like and seem to be like the catch cans for the GT350. I had purchased one and it was stamped all over FoCo. Worked well I might add. I think it may be cheaper at aftermarket outlets, they usually are, but these look to come from Ford. Thus their marketing...

Im not sure about the catch cans in particular, and don't care enough to look into it. But I do know Ford Performance manufactures next to nothing. Unless its a beauty ring or grab handle Ford already makes in a different color, it comes from an OEM. Like the Ford Performance hood struts are the same RedLine tuning hood struts, with Ford Performance stamped all over them and a 30% FP tax. I would be very surprised if this was any different.

Fivefingerheist

Badlands
First Name
FFH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, 4-D, Non-SAS, 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bizarre that it's not for the 3.0 or 2.3. Perhaps useful if you are running a tune. AS Ragnar stated the 2.7 is the one with dual injection to alleviate most issues noted with DI only.

Sponsored

johnny_bronco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a UPR Single on my 2.7 and after 2500 miles there was like 6 drops of oil in the catch can..

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve had a JLT catch can on my 2021 Bronco 2.7 for over a year. Same brand I used on my mustangs. Fits great and was cheap. I get a fair amount of oil in between each oil change.

Last edited:

jbacon47

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BadLands manual 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why would they develop a catch can for the 2.7 when it already has port injection? Build one for the 2.3. I might actually use one if Ford builds an official licensed product, otherwise, I'm not messing with it.

ROCKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm skeptical about it honestly.

BUT... curiosity got the best of me and I installed it on my 2.3L Bronco over the weekend. Going to run it for 3-4 months until my next oil change and then I'll make a post once I get the results.

If I don't "catch" any oil in the 2.3L catch can then my hunch is you won't need it on the 2.7L given it is port injected. BUT, the strange thing about the 2.3L catch can is output is pre-turbo rather than directly into the intake manifold. Not sure if the 2.7L kit is the same (I assume it is), but if I catch a bunch of a gunk maybe it's worth it just to keep the turbos a little cleaner? Not sure.

We shall see.
Is this a product that is 50 states legal? I have a 2.3 and I live in Cali. As far as I know none of the catch cans are legal in California.
Sponsored