First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Ford setup truly does work, I had it on my GT350. The GT500 came with it installed as part of its package. In truth though, I never ran the dual setup system.

At this point, I think I will go with the better safe then sorry approach. Just need to find the best deal.

ozark_stang

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeremy & Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Wildtrak Lux and 2017 Mustang GT Prem
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

ColoradoOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco OBX Sasquach
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mishimoto Oil Catch Can Dual Baffled Black 2.7L Bronco 2021-2022 (Notice the change to years, was 2021-2023 on my invoice when I purchased in May 2023. Both CJ Pony and Mishimoto changed the years, as 2023 CCV side doesn't work and throws engine code (see photo). After many hours on the phone w/CJ Pony and Mishimoto customer support, I received the following as a resolution. Once the single catch can arrives, I will remove the dual configuration and setup the single catch can. Don't know part number for the firewall zip tie connectors that hold the harness, as Ford parts couldn't find it, think its part of the entire harness package, so will figure that out next. Just wanted to make sure forum knows not to purchase for 2023 Ford 2.7 Mishimoto Dual Catch Can product, only one side works!

Mishimoto customer support was very responsive, but CJ Pony was a mess and really didn't respond until I got Brian (mgr) involved and he was able to get Mishimoto and other involved to resolve. CJ Pony really needs to works on following up w/customers when they sell a product that doesn't work and expensive.

I put the replacement OEM Ford CCV tube back on and the engine code is gone.....so that fixed the issue, but I have two catch cans, and just waiting for the single to arrive to replace it.

Mishimoto / CJ Pony is sending me:
  1. Send me the Mishimoto Oil Catch Can Baffled Black Bronco 2.7L 2021-2023
    Mishimoto: MMBCC-BR27-21P
  2. Promotional Pack (don't know what this consist of)
  3. Refunded me $200 of my $388 original price
  4. Refunded me $40 to purchase replacement CCV OEM Ford tube that was one time use, as clips broke taking it off
    Ford Bronco Ford Performance DUAL catch cans for 2.7 engine now available FordCode

Ford Bronco Ford Performance DUAL catch cans for 2.7 engine now available Mishimoto Dual Catch Can Installation

ScLeCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed. Lethal was great on service, as the Ford kit was missing one of the brackets, so I got half installed. Then the missing bracket arrived. Went to install it, dropped the driver side bracket and spent 30min in awkward positions to fish it out from between steering and suspension parts. Driver side OEM lower hose connection was tough with the orange end hose. Anyhow, job done.

IMG_9268.jpeg

IMG_9265.jpeg

IMG_9266.jpeg

IMG_9267.jpeg
I just wanted to thank you. I just installed mine this morning and your pictures helped immensely.
Did you get an extra tube that would essentially delete the passenger side can?
It connects these two ports.
Ford Bronco Ford Performance DUAL catch cans for 2.7 engine now available IMG_9268

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I Installed Ford Performance Oil Water Separator last night. Not too hard to tell what the new bits are.
I like the factory look 🤠
We'll see in 5 years what the smog man thinks :sneaky: Good thing it's not too much trouble to change back, just need to buy 1 replacement hose ;)

Ford Bronco Ford Performance DUAL catch cans for 2.7 engine now available IMG_9268

OP
OP
Ninjak

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice. Where did your purchase it? And the driver's side can lines go where?

I have narrowed it down to these, or the Team RxP dual system. I had one of those on my F150 and it was very nice. Has directional check valves in the system, and have seen videos of how much their system gets.

The only caveat that concerns me is the placement. I am not sure how much room is there as it mounts in front of the battery. I see UPR can goes in the same place, so I guess it can work, but man it looks tight.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice. Where did your purchase it? And the driver's side can lines go where?

I have narrowed it down to these, or the Team RxP dual system. I had one of those on my F150 and it was very nice. Has directional check valves in the system, and have seen videos of how much their system gets.

The only caveat that concerns me is the placement. I am not sure how much room is there as it mounts in front of the battery. I see UPR can goes in the same place, so I guess it can work, but man it looks tight.
Found the best deal from CJ's The red arrow shows the drivers side 🤠
Ford Bronco Ford Performance DUAL catch cans for 2.7 engine now available FP Oil H2o Separator-1

Toonces

Outer Banks
First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Setting aside whether or not a catch can is beneficial, can we just mention that for what is basically 2 rubber tubes, a literal (sealed) aluminum can, and a small filter inside, the cost of any available catch can is exorbitantly expensive? I think there would be a lot less hemming and hawing about whether or not to get one if they were less than $100 (and let's be honest, even at that price point the profit margin must be pretty high)

ScLeCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got the check engine light (same CCV side sensor code as everyone else) for a day.
I was on a trip and was going to put the stock line back on when I got home, but it cleared itself and hasn't come back since.
Fingers crossed.

Sponsored

Jamoroo34

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Jimny
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As the title states, Ford has released a version of their catch cans for the 2.7 Eco engine. What is interesting it is for both sides. They have a can for each. The price, 625$ Oof!

What are your thoughts on this? I know we have been round and round on rather a catch is needed for the 2.7, with the direct and port injector system, it's interesting that Ford has released this.

Thoughts?

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6766-B27

Ford Performance air/oil separator KIT for 2021-2023 Bronco w/2.7L Eco Boost engine.
  • Separate left and right canisters
  • All required hoses, brackets, and hardware included
  • Precision molded canisters with unique filter media separates oil vapor from the air in the PCV system
  • Designed and engineered specifically for installation on the Ford Eco Boost family engines
  • All OEM quality hoses and fittings are used for a high quality installation and function
  • This is a highly engineered system, not a universal "fits-all" kit, developed by the experts that know your Bronco engine best
  • Canisters are easy to drain by removing PCV lines off canister, removing canister and draining oil
  • Engineered and manufactured in the USA
Part Number: M-6766-B27
Retail Price: $625.00
Instruction Sheet: Available (PDF)

Ford Bronco Ford Performance DUAL catch cans for 2.7 engine now available FP Oil H2o Separator-1
Anyone get the check engine light and associated code after installing the ford performance kit on a MY23 2.7L? Noticed today that the FP website lists the kit for 2021-2022 Model years only. Would you be able to use Ford Pass Reward points to purchase this? I got the Mishimoto kit in the mail today but am now second guessing whether or not to install after reading the recent posts :(

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve had the Ford Performance one for several thousand miles. No CEL yet. Honestly that would seem unrelated to me. We’re adding some distance to a hose on both sides and there’s no sensors in this area.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As the title states, Ford has released a version of their catch cans for the 2.7 Eco engine. What is interesting it is for both sides. They have a can for each. The price, 625$ Oof!

What are your thoughts on this? I know we have been round and round on rather a catch is needed for the 2.7, with the direct and port injector system, it's interesting that Ford has released this.

Thoughts?

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6766-B27

Ford Performance air/oil separator KIT for 2021-2023 Bronco w/2.7L Eco Boost engine.
  • Separate left and right canisters
  • All required hoses, brackets, and hardware included
  • Precision molded canisters with unique filter media separates oil vapor from the air in the PCV system
  • Designed and engineered specifically for installation on the Ford Eco Boost family engines
  • All OEM quality hoses and fittings are used for a high quality installation and function
  • This is a highly engineered system, not a universal "fits-all" kit, developed by the experts that know your Bronco engine best
  • Canisters are easy to drain by removing PCV lines off canister, removing canister and draining oil
  • Engineered and manufactured in the USA
Part Number: M-6766-B27
Retail Price: $625.00
Instruction Sheet: Available (PDF)

A sucker is born everyday

Reactions: 0ne

ScLeCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Light came back twice. I gave up and put the OEM tube back on that side.

• Wow
Reactions: 0ne

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Bronco Badsquatch