Tinman2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrack, 06 Dodge/Cummins, 01 Dodge/Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Will this void the factory extended warranty? I looked thru this whole thread and have seen this answered definitively - unless I missed it somewhere.
Sponsored

CrazyPete

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Denali 2500HD Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Will this void the factory extended warranty? I looked thru this whole thread and have seen this answered definitively - unless I missed it somewhere.
I don't really know why (but kind of do) anyone would think it would void the warranty. It's a Ford Performance part, not to mention it just goes inline....doesn't prevent anything from working. Just cleans up a oem working process. Plus, Ford would need to prove that the oil separator caused the problem....of couse, someone always comes back with, 'Ford can out spend you in court'....sure, i guess....if they want to really waste any of their time and $ in the 1st place on it. Anyway, it will actually come down to your servicing dealership.....how big of a douchebag they are or not. In today's digital world, I'm seeing the dealerships are learning the hard way that being a douchebag gets around fast and business suffers because of it.....

Tinman2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrack, 06 Dodge/Cummins, 01 Dodge/Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would think it won't void warranty but I know how some dealers can be. Just wondering if there is any "Ford" documentation about it. I haven't had to deal with Ford dealership in a while. Not sure if they'd be friendly or antagonistic.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would think it won't void warranty but I know how some dealers can be. Just wondering if there is any "Ford" documentation about it. I haven't had to deal with Ford dealership in a while. Not sure if they'd be friendly or antagonistic.
I think if you employ (pay) a dealership to install Ford/Performance branded products that the electronic documentation of such work will satisfy the requirements for not voiding the warranty. If you install it yourself and don’t physically remove it before service work or if after removal it leaves behind an electronic footprint then expect to fight a battle for warranty work approval.

buschris

Heritage
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
these engines need 2 inlet and 1 outlet catch cans

Sponsored

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went ahead and picked up this Ford Performance version from an OEM parts dealer for $550 all in. Get it from Lethal Performance for $470+shipping/tax (should be a little cheaper).

Three things:

I had read somewhere that port injection is used for cold starts and low loads and then direct injection takes over once the engine has reached operating temperature. That didn't sound like enough "port" for me.

Then, I saw a youtube video of two ecoboost engine teardowns, one with and one without port injection, at like 70-100K miles. The one with port injection (and direct) was cleaner, but not too clean.

Then when I saw the FP version looked a lot more "fitted" to the 2.7, with dual cans, that did it. Along with the fact that the warranty police won't be tempted to gripe at an FP logo.

I work really hard to make my truck engines go 250K+ miles, so figured this might be worth it. Who knows. OCD wins again.
Hey there, was debating on pulling the trigger on a FP Catch Can foro BF or Cyber Monday. Has it been catching since your install? Debating on the FP to keep the warranty or going with the Mishimoto or UPR. Thanks!

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

when these are designed properly, they release the oil back into the crankcase where it belongs.

CrazyPete

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Denali 2500HD Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Idk...I've been putting catch cans on my motorcycles and cars/trucks for decades and not once has any dealership given a f&#k...lol. I just ordered a J&L oil separator knowing it won't harm a damn thing on the engine.

BroncMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey there, was debating on pulling the trigger on a FP Catch Can foro BF or Cyber Monday. Has it been catching since your install? Debating on the FP to keep the warranty or going with the Mishimoto or UPR. Thanks!

Yes catches on both sides, one more than the other. Prefer the factory look of the FP hoses over others, which at least makes the price seem less onerous, which it is. In hindsight, like said just above, it's highly unlikely a dealer would pull a warranty gripe for such an unobtrusive engine mod. Key takeaway, would definitely do again

Tugger5oh

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just checked my FP dual cans tonight. Bronco has 5000 miles and think I installed the cans around 750. I didn't drive it hard during this time.

Passenger side caught just under 2oz, driver side was bone dry.

Rechecked all connections and will update the next oil change.

Sponsored

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have these.. In two weeks time driving in Alaska each can filled with oily water.. About a 1/4 of fluid in each.. I will check them by the end of the month and see how much is collected..

RedSoloCup

Big Bend
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So you don’t need two catch cans. One on the passenger side is all you need. A dual setup all in one can that companies sell is not a good idea. I’ve been in the F150 community a long time and there is an extensive post on F150forum regarding catch cans for these engines. If you do one do the passenger side only. No need for the driver “clean side”. You can get a good single UPR can and lines for 150 and that’s all you need on the passenger side.

RedSoloCup

Big Bend
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have these.. In two weeks time driving in Alaska each can filled with oily water.. About a 1/4 of fluid in each.. I will check them by the end of the month and see how much is collected..
Yea that’s cause you got condensation that wouldn’t have occurred without them. Use a passenger side only. Waste of money to get the driver side one

bigblockfox545

Black Diamond
First Name
jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 FOX 2009 M3 2008 STI 2005 F350 2018 OB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2022 2.7 As others have mentioned, drivers side completely dry. Passenger side after 5000 miles.

Ford Bronco Ford Performance DUAL catch cans for 2.7 engine now available 1000005435

Easy to drain. Like the oem look and I get a deal on ford racing parts. No regrets
Sponsored