Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ND Miata, Land Rover Defender 110, Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Let me pour some cold water on this thread.

Ford is highly unlikely to release a tune for the 2.3 that has it stepping all over the toes of its 2.7. They are fine with it for the Ranger because there is no engine upgrade path for the consumer.

They are also unlikely to release any factory tune for the 2.7. We already know the trans is about maxed at standard torque output as is. If they do release one, it will probably deliver a bit of additional power but artificially limit torque output. Hint: the disappointing test times and criticism of the Bronco feeling ‘soft’ off the line are because the factory tune is limiting torque in the low gears.

As to whether or not the dealer will ‘beat you up’ over the tune, do you mean in pricing or in warranty coverage? Not sure what you are asking here.
Sponsored

Chipt7

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr Badlands Squatch, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure what his reasoning is but they are a waste. The MAF detects air flow into the intake and the computers compensate by adjusting fuel trims. Immediately after the install you may notice a change but as soon as the fuel trims adjust, you are back to making the same power. You would need to change the tune to adjust for more air flow and take advantage of it.
Essentially they are not a waste because if you put in a high flow filter you will be upgrading MAF, TB and tune. So, it is part of the puzzle to increase air flow. Then you will need to increase fuel feed... Get where I am going?

aframe009

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I put a SCT Burst pedal enhancer and a JB4 boost module on my Bronco. It added about 40hp at the wheels on the dyno. Those numbers do not necessarily transfer to the street though. It does feel alot faster but when your on the dyno you are in 3rd gear. When you are on the street and going through the gears there are torque limiters and other things in the factory program that do not come into play on the dyno. It is still faster and I can break the tires loose no problem. Hopefully 5 Star can get into the computer and do a complete tune in the future.

eddybarba

Badlands
First Name
eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 SAS Badlands, '21 Yukon Denali, '18 BMW M4,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone put in a performance chip or a filter charger? Recs? Looks like K&N doesnt have one yet.
Just ordered a tuner from Livernois motorsports. They have a lot of experience with Ecoboost

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Whipple just shipped us their Tomahawk Flash device and replacement high flow air filter. It should be here today. We'll be posting a bunch of content once it shows up as well as once we've tuned the truck and installed the filter.

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford is highly unlikely to release a tune for the 2.3 that has it stepping all over the toes of its 2.7. They are fine with it for the Ranger because there is no engine upgrade path for the consumer.

They are also unlikely to release any factory tune for the 2.7. We already know the trans is about maxed at standard torque output as is. If they do release one, it will probably deliver a bit of additional power but artificially limit torque output. Hint: the disappointing test times and criticism of the Bronco feeling ‘soft’ off the line are because the factory tune is limiting torque in the low gears.

As to whether or not the dealer will ‘beat you up’ over the tune, do you mean in pricing or in warranty coverage? Not sure what you are asking here.
Oh but they are creating one.

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm wondering if Ford will offer the factory performance tune that they offer on the Ranger. Bumps the 2.3 in the Ranger to 320hp/400tq
If they do this, do we have any idea if the 7spd can handle that much torque? I'd assume that's why they didn't offer it with the 2.7...

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And there is this from SEMA
Ford Bronco Performance Enhancements? 1636042123062

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m waiting to see what results and issues popular tuners get, 5 star, Cobb, etc.

I’m a Cobb fan having run their tuning on 3 STis over almost 15 years with no issues. My last STi made like 150 wtq over stock on flex fuel for almost 10 years haha

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It looks like they are going to release a 2.7 tune but I haven't seen what the expect bump will be.
Ford Bronco Performance Enhancements? ford-performance-parts-bronco-sema-2021-1

Sponsored

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As no hard evidence was ever posted, here's why not to buy a K&N. You can watch it all or just jump to 13:35.

Yeah that's pretty clear. Stick with OEM filter and spend my money on something else 👍🏾👍🏾

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Honestly as someone who had a 2.3 mustang I would say the best upgrade and first place to start would be with a quality intercooler. Keeping the turbo engines cool is job one. After that most likey a ford performance tune would be your best and safest bet. both of these would be money well spent and you will see gains, the rest, eh.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm wondering if Ford will offer the factory performance tune that they offer on the Ranger. Bumps the 2.3 in the Ranger to 320hp/400tq
Same Engine so same tune. Some of the Mustang Performaice Parts should work just as well but adding Premium to the tank is going to get really expensive
Sponsored