Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So they’re pretty similar in size from the overall feel and exterior. The head height and interior width is less. The Sasquatch and the stance of the new pony is what makes up for it

if you notice the tires are underbody in the 96 and the new rigs are inset. Full measure across to each outer tire was within 2”
Within 2" which way, which is wider?

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I have had a 2000 and 2003 Lightnings. Two vehicles that I very much regret selling.
I’ll miss it for sure, but was given strict orders from the boss that something had to go. I drove that the least and getting parts was getting scary. Will never buy a limited production vehicle again. :unsure: Maybe not buying another vehicle period after this. Depends on when they take my license from me!

AtomJester

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Ford Bronco ii
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not really, the market supported the Travelall, K5, Bronco, and RamCharger for 25 years, and then the Tahoe, Suburban, Expedition, Excursion (in almost as good form) for another 10 years after that.
I find it hard to believe if one manufacturer brought back an entrant to the market there wouldn’t be sufficient interest.

I mean we are on the 6G Bronco forum, 10 years ago most people would have said that it would never happen because the market wasn’t there to support it.
I'm going to set the over/under for "full-sized" 2-door bronco sales at 5,000 units. And all the persepctive buyers are in this forum. They would be bigger, worse on gas, worse on trails, without the utility of 4 doors, smooth suspensions, and excessive cargo room that leads to the sales for the full-sized SUV market. A new "full-sized" Bronco would be a 1 year wonder. The size of these new broncos is almost perfect in my opinion. (just teetering on too-big) and I'm sure Ford as excessive amounts of expensive market research to back up what they did.

Sponsored

AtomJester

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Ford Bronco ii
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Side note: after seeing these pics. Does anyone have a lead on after market grills with a blue oval instead of "bronco"?

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor, ‘21 Macan S, ‘22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Nice birthday gift! The white on white looks pretty good. Not a fan of the black roofs. Saw a cactus green ;) sport on the way home tonight. Looked pretty good in the wild.
she’s a bit happy I think.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm going to set the over/under for "full-sized" 2-door bronco sales at 5,000 units. And all the persepctive buyers are in this forum. They would be bigger, worse on gas, worse on trails, without the utility of 4 doors, smooth suspensions, and excessive cargo room that leads to the sales for the full-sized SUV market. A new "full-sized" Bronco would be a 1 year wonder. The size of these new broncos is almost perfect in my opinion. (just teetering on too-big) and I'm sure Ford as excessive amounts of expensive market research to back up what they did.
Frankly I find the upcoming Bronco adequate falling on the small size, it would be one of the smallest vehicles I’ve ever purchased. Also I’m not sure why a full-size would have to be two door only?

If the V8 4x4 4door Silverado I had could return 24-26 HWY on a consistent basis then I have no doubts the fuel economy on a Full-size SUV could be nearly as good with some decent sized tires and requisite gearing.

I have many times wanted more room, can’t say I’ve ever been in a situation where being smaller would be beneficial.

AtomJester

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Ford Bronco ii
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Frankly I find the upcoming Bronco adequate falling on the small size, it would be one of the smallest vehicles I’ve ever purchased. Also I’m not sure why a full-size would have to be two door only?

If the V8 4x4 4door Silverado I had could return 24-26 HWY on a consistent basis then I have no doubts the fuel economy on a Full-size SUV could be nearly as good with some decent sized tires and requisite gearing.

I have many times wanted more room, can’t say I’ve ever been in a situation where being smaller would be beneficial.
So I'm confused, if those are your needs. You just said a Silverado already has it covered. Or an F-150 or a superduty, or an Expedition. I'm struggling to see how making a larger version of the 4 door bronco filling those needs would be any different than slapping a new facade on the Expedition and calling it a "full-sized" bronco?

I currently drive a Bronco ii. It turns on a dime and I can park it anywhere a compact can park. It still has the ground clearance and suspension to handle inclement weather conditions and imperfect surfaces or obstacles. And for the serious off-roaders, big SUVS are not your friend on tight trails.

On a day to day basis, having a larger vehicle offers no additional benefit to me, it would just be annoying. Regardless of anecdotes, I agree with previous posters that there is not a large enough market for a "full-size" bronco. It would be redundant.

Kind of reminds me of the Chevy SSR. It tried to be a sports coup and a pickup truck and ended up just being terrible at both.

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I'm confused, if those are your needs. You just said a Silverado already has it covered. Or an F-150 or a superduty, or an Expedition. I'm struggling to see how making a larger version of the 4 door bronco filling those needs would be any different than slapping a new facade on the Expedition and calling it a "full-sized" bronco?

I currently drive a Bronco ii. It turns on a dime and I can park it anywhere a compact can park. It still has the ground clearance and suspension to handle inclement weather conditions and imperfect surfaces or obstacles. And for the serious off-roaders, big SUVS are not your friend on tight trails.

On a day to day basis, having a larger vehicle offers no additional benefit to me, it would just be annoying. Regardless of anecdotes, I agree with previous posters that there is not a large enough market for a "full-size" bronco. It would be redundant.

Kind of reminds me of the Chevy SSR. It tried to be a sports coup and a pickup truck and ended up just being terrible at both.
A full-size pickup won’t have the breakover angles needed for off-roading, it would be too long. An expedition is IRS and would be about as capable as a Honda Civic. Further all the full-size pickups are kinda crap as far as fitting 35s/37s, which require laughable amounts of lift that shouldn’t be necessary.

I don’t have local trails where being smaller is a benefit, all our trails, parks etc were broke originally with full-size vehicles, there’s no sensible benefit to going smaller. What is important is tire size, 35s are the bare minimum to do anything here without getting stuck in the other guys ruts. Most vehicles especially smaller ones have a hard time getting that size tire to fit without a lift which then screws up your center of gravity. One benefit of the new Bronco is that is can actually fit decent sized tires.

The comfort and capability of a large BOF vehicle is unmatched, and I have yet to find any drawbacks.

Reactions: abe

bdg149

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.5 VW Atlas, 1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base

Full size trucks are cartoonishly large these days, let alone the Super Duty/HD monstrosities. They all look frumpy to me, and drive like they look. The last full size truck design I liked/owned was the 2004-2015 Nissan Titan. It was a big truck, but didn't need a front grill the size of a billboard to get the job done. A full size F150 based Bronco would have been a failure.

The new Bronco is perfect. It's a good middle ground size between the EB and the 90s Broncos.

Last edited:

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford already has the answer to a full sized "Bronco". Make a version of the Expedition that is truly off-road capable. Lose the soccer mom luxury and get back to basic. How about a "Tremor" version of the Expedition? Wash out interior, more ground clearance, 35's, lose about a 1000 lbs of fluff.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford already has the answer to a full sized "Bronco". Make a version of the Expedition that is truly off-road capable. Lose the soccer mom luxury and get back to basic. How about a "Tremor" version of the Expedition? Wash out interior, more ground clearance, 35's, lose about a 1000 lbs of fluff.
I’m 90% sure you can’t fix the expedition, it’s about as far removed from off-road capable as they get. They market the expedition to soccer moms and would be better off with a clean sheet design based on the F150 frame. I’d like to see prices and specs in line with the F-series.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m 90% sure you can’t fix the expedition, it’s about as far removed from off-road capable as they get. They market the expedition to soccer moms and would be better off with a clean sheet design based on the F150 frame. I’d like to see prices and specs in line with the F-series.
The Expy is still based on the F150 chassis. The F150 frames are a three piece modular design. The Expy gets an IRS rear section. Ford has the right parts to make it happen but do they have the balls to do it?
Sponsored