John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We took the ‘96 Bronco to Supercel and got to pull it up next to a new pony to see the size side by side

7A71D1F7-C625-4899-B287-22BB910F5F4D.jpeg

EC3DB5FF-46A2-49BB-AF60-CE466C50BE48.jpeg
Nice work! That was my first Bronco!

Sponsored

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We took the ‘96 Bronco to Supercel and got to pull it up next to a new pony to see the size side by side

Ford Bronco PHOTOS side by side 96 Bronco vs 2021 size 1619380315627

Ford Bronco PHOTOS side by side 96 Bronco vs 2021 size 1619380315627
The second pic looks distorted somewhat. The 6G is not nearly as big as the 5G. Maybe outside tire to outside tire on the 6G Sassed is similar in measurement to the 5G but the interior is way smaller in the 6G.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for posting. Replacing my 95 Lightning with a 22 Bronco. Nice to see the size comparison as the Lightning and Bronco shared the same platform (well, close).
Keep the Lightning!

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've ordered one and all but: why the hell can't we get a full size option??
Maybe I am in the minority, but I dispise the size boom in trucks and SUVs in recent years. Take toyota for example. Each model (Rav-Sequoia) has become so bloated, it no longer resembles the original intent of the vehicle. The Highlander, once a smallish 5 seater, is now a bloated 7 seater with a 3rd seat. Same with the Nissan Pathfinder and other vehicles. I bought a Ford Transit because it suits my needs way better than a stupidly large truck that is $30k+, more bougie than utility, and requires me to have a step stool to get basic functionality from the truck bed.

The new Bronco is a true, capable, Sport Utility Vehicle (not just an SUV in name only). If you make the Bronco bloated again, you lose much of the sport and much of the utility...it is just a big ass vehicle...and there are plenty of options if that is what you want.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Cool. Not as wide but can still dunk with the rest of 'em.

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've ordered one and all but: why the hell can't we get a full size option??
I want to say the 6G is built more for off-roading. Narrower and shorter for the trails and rock-crawling.

Plus squeezing into tight parking spaces at the mall. 🤪

Eason

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 King Ranch V8
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I want to say the 6G is built more for off-roading. Narrower and shorter for the trails and rock-crawling.

Plus squeezing into tight parking spaces at the mall. 🤪
Agreed, but a lot of people have grown accustomed to a full size truck, especially the width. After driving full size for so long, many of those folks don't want to downsize.

I'm not saying a full-size option should replace the new version, I'm just asking for it to be offered. Get rid of the baby Bronco, and add a full size version.

Last edited:

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe I am in the minority, but I dispise the size boom in trucks and SUVs in recent years. Take toyota for example. Each model (Rav-Sequoia) has become so bloated, it no longer resembles the original intent of the vehicle. The Highlander, once a smallish 5 seater, is now a bloated 7 seater with a 3rd seat. Same with the Nissan Pathfinder and other vehicles. I bought a Ford Transit because it suits my needs way better than a stupidly large truck that is $30k+, more bougie than utility, and requires me to have a step stool to get basic functionality from the truck bed.

The new Bronco is a true, capable, Sport Utility Vehicle (not just an SUV in name only). If you make the Bronco bloated again, you lose much of the sport and much of the utility...it is just a big ass vehicle...and there are plenty of options if that is what you want.
Same reason I bought a Passport over the Pilot ... Everything has just gotten bigger and bigger and bigger. I am excited for the size of the Bronco. I don't need something the size of a regular cab short box F-150 on a Jeep trail.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Agreed, but a lot of people have grown accustomed to a full size truck, especially the width. After driving full size for so long, many of those folks don't want to downsize.

I'm not saying a full-size option should replace the new version, I'm just asking for it to be offered. Get rid of the baby Bronco, and add a full size version.
You might have to accept the idea that the over-sized Bronco went extinct in the mid 1990's, and probably won't come back. The last thing we need are more objectionably large Suburbons-Sequoias etc on the road. Their purposes are severely limited but for those who can take advantage of the GVWR tax advantages.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
You might have to accept the idea that the over-sized Bronco went extinct in the mid 1990's, and probably won't come back. The last thing we need are more objectionably large Suburbons-Sequoias etc on the road. Their purposes are severely limited but for those who can take advantage of the GVWR tax advantages.
The suburban and sequoia at this point are pointless, they have been turned into yuppie mobiles. The biggest thing the market lacks is an actual full-size SUV with off-road capability which the IRS suburban and sequoia lack.

My (old) full-size SUV has a payload rating of 2,200 lbs which can support things like bigger bumper, gear, winches, people, and anything else. Much needed when building overlanders. An area (payload) where the new Bronco lacks.
Sponsored