Sponsored

Plug in coolers what do you all do overnight.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey all I picked up a Coleman 12v setup for dirt cheap. Didn’t realize it was a warmer or cooler and set it wrong testing it after an hour it was toasty lol. I was trying to pre cool it. Anyway what do you guys do overnight? Leave it plugged in? Unplug it. Do they drain your battery overnight? This one claims to pull 4amps but I’m not certain if that’s in an hour or what. Does the rear 12v outlet stay live all the time? Drove 6 hours today and it seems to be working I did our frozen water bottles in the bottom to help. Even the very top eaters and sodas were nice and chilled. Just wondering if I left it plugged in would I have a dead battery in the morning or does that outlet eventually shut off? I unplugged it for tonight.
Hey, as far as the 12v power socket in the rear. Whether you turn the truck of or open the door, the socket stay hot for 1 hour. Open door an it's hot / live again for another hour. I installed an LED light on my MIC top window for tailgating. Works great an acts as a timer as well....🤣
Sponsored

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It pulls 1 amp hr per hr its running. But it doesn't run constantly. It will idle when it needs too. I use it on my rock buggy also.

20220530_110125.jpg
👍 this one says 4 amps and I don’t believe ever shuts off.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Funny you should ask…

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got a Jackery battery, 1 with 1200 watt, the smaller has 300 watt. Came with 2 50 watt solar panels

My fridge, running at night, uses about 15% of the large pack. Then in the morning I plug in panels, which produce twice as much as the fridge consumes, so the pack is fully recharged within 3 to 4 hours.

I use the small pack for phones, speakers, flashlights etc.

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got a Jackery battery, 1 with 1200 watt, the smaller has 300 watt. Came with 2 50 watt solar panels

My fridge, running at night, uses about 15% of the large pack. Then in the morning I plug in panels, which produce twice as much as the fridge consumes, so the pack is fully recharged within 3 to 4 hours.

I use the small pack for phones, speakers, flashlights etc.
@mountainbronco what fridge do you have?

Sponsored

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

bluetti + solar panels = unlimited power for all of your electronics when vehicle is off for days.

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here my fridge, and 2 power banks with solar panels. Am totally pleased with this setup. Use it for stock-up shopping, and I can be off grid for 3 to 4 days in cloudy conditions, endless in sun.

I got both from Costco!
Ford Bronco Plug in coolers what do you all do overnight. 20220825_115806

Awesome, thank you!

ac360

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dometic CFX 55IM with a Jackery 1000WH power station.

Just got back from a 4 day camping at Mt. Charleston, at 8k elevation, an hour outside Las Vegas. Was planning on a full featured campground. The Labor Day crowd got there before us. Ended up at a dried dispersed campsite off a dirt trail. Day time temperature was about 100F with little shades for the whole time we were there.

The Jackery was draining at a rate of 30% per day. We plugged the Jackery into the car's power socket when we had to drive to a hiking trailhead. At the camp site, we used a foldable 100W solar panel to top up whenever possible. The Jackery never went below 46%. Power was never an issue. The fridge was set at 34F and was able to maintain 32F to 36F.

Water was our biggest concern.

Sponsored

Tcarp1

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still do nothing with no problems. Seeing all these crazy setups make me think the fridges you guys are using are power hogs maybe. Arb zero for the win. Lol

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

bluetti + solar panels = unlimited power for all of your electronics when vehicle is off for days.
This is such a great combination. I have a Bluetti eb70s and a Bluetti 200w solar panel and have no power anxiety. When I first got the Bluetti, I tested it running my ARB Zero and if I remember correctly, it lasted about 3.5 days in relatively warm outside temp.
I highly recommend it.
Sponsored