Sponsored

Poll - Badlands 33" Tire?

Which 33" tire will you be getting on your Badlands?

• Total voters

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Right now the plan is to immediately swap to aftermarket wheels and some Nitto 295/70/17 Ridge Grapplers. Then I'll wait for the aftermarket work on suspension and swap to 35's or 37's.
Sponsored

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I need blacktop comfort and I like to max MPG, so I'll get a set of Cooper AT/3 or Toyo A/T2 tires. Maybe not right off the bat, I'll give the stock tires a go, but I would like to have a full set to swap out for times I want to do more off-roading.

JT1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
those will likely be my next set of AT. The K02's are seriously heavy tires and kinda suck on wet roads.
Are you sure the KO2s are heavy? They are always on the lighter side for a given size. I have no problem with them on wet or damp roads. They do like to pick up little rocks though..

glacierbear

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS 7, Ram 3500, Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Switching to classic Baja style wheels and Nitto 295/75/16's at delivery. 16" wheels gave me the most positive offset (12) in the classic 8 hole design.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you sure the KO2s are heavy? They are always on the lighter side for a given size. I have no problem with them on wet or damp roads. They do like to pick up little rocks though..
Compared to wild peaks they are heavier. Atleast for the size i was looking at. I can wheel spin 275 tires in wet without even trying while my oem 265 tires had much more grip in the wet.

Sponsored

JT1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone have experience with Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVO 3?

Looking like a fantastic lightweight option.
[/QUOTE]
revo’s are good tires, they have pretty light duty sidewalls

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I had no idea you could trade in tires at Discount Tire. Might have to explore that.

I’m currently planning on ordering a badlands two door with the KO2s so I can get a manual transmission. But I was also planning on eventually changing from a 285/70/17 to a 285/75/17 which would put the diameter very close to the Sasquatch tire. If I could just trade in the KO2s as soon as I get home I might make that move early.
I love the Nitto Ridgegrapplers.

2831766D-2F1E-4A67-9830-2AE8536FB043.jpeg

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Comparing the 33" - 285/70R17 sizes and brands mentioned, I wanted to check out load ratings and tire weights:

Load Range SL/P
Falken Wildpeak A/T3W - 50.5 lbs
Nitto Ridge Grapplers - 48.74 lbs
Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVO 3 - 42 lbs

Load Range C
BFGoodrich T/A KO2 - 50.33 lbs (this is the standard Badlands tire)

Load Range LT
Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVO 3 - 50 lbs
Toyo Open Country A/T 3 - 55 lbs
Nitto Ridge Grapplers - 57.89 lbs
Grabber A/TX - 59 lbs

Ride comfort and road noise are key factors for me since I will be using my Bronco for a 95% daily driver. Therefore I'm sticking with a Load Range SL/P for their more compliant sidewalls.

You can see the weight of the Wildpeak, 50.5 lbs, and Ridge Grapplers, 48.74 lbs, are similar in weight and the Dueler A/T REVO 3 is even lighter at 42 lbs.

With the weight of the Dueler A/T REVO 3 being lighter, this maybe good for better mpg and maybe why in their description they say "without sacrificing on-road comfort", more scrutiny of user reviews is needed to validate these claims. What also needs to be known is how the sidewalls stand-up to off-road abuse? The Wildpeak has a great reputation for rugged sidewalls that stand-up to abuse. Also, the sidewalls do not look as aggressive in order to handle mud.

I also want to search more for information on how the Nitto Ridge Grapplers compare to the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W for ride quality, comfort and noise. So far I found this review that looks pretty good:
https://simpletire.com/nitto-ridge-grappler-tire-reviews

@Spooled and @glacierbear, since you both want to go with Nitto Ridge Grapplers, can you please tell us more how they compare in the Load Range SL/P for ride quality, comfort and noise? I'm making this comparison relative to on-road SUV tires that a number of us Bronco buyers will be coming from, not as how they compare to LT truck tires, which maybe great, but are a different beast.

@Toccoa mentioned the Grabber AT2, which has been replaced by the Grabber A/TX, which gets high ratings at tirerack.com.

Cooknn

Badlands
First Name
David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Caught the 33” BFG on a Jeep yesterday. It's perfect for what I'm after with my BL.
Ford Bronco Poll - Badlands 33" Tire? 98FCAF13-2A70-494A-87DA-21DEBBA7FACA

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@Toccoa mentioned the Grabber AT2, which has been replaced by the Grabber A/TX, which gets high ratings at tirerack.com.
Nothing can replace my AT2s. ?

Sponsored

JT1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing can replace my AT2s. ?
I had a set of them on an XJ, great tire, very similar to a ko2. Great tread life, but they hum more than the bfg if that bothers you

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had a set of them on an XJ, great tire, very similar to a ko2. Great tread life, but they hum more than the bfg if that bothers you
You mean that sweet sweet tire music from my angry bee orchestra? I love it. ?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone have experience with Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVO 3?

Looking like a fantastic lightweight option.
[/QUOTE]

Revo I and II were great tires. Had p-metric Revos on my Avalanche in Germany and handled high speed great. Have had several LT Revos I and II on off-road vehicles and they worked great in a variety of conditions, always lasted a long time and stayed balanced.

No experience with the IIIs, but would expect them to be a good choice.

The p-metrics might have lighter sidewalls, but the E rated LTs are as good as any other.
Sponsored