redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've had just enough wine to make me think I can intelligently contribute to this conversation.

From the two videos, it seems to me the Fox design is simpler and a lot more elegant, whereas the Bilstein version relies on extra bits at the top and bottoms, bits that could break/fail. Oftentimes, simpler is better.

Now, I'm totally talking out my back-side, and I have no real-world experience, but I did just watch those two videos above, sooooo I'm basically a PHD.

......and I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.

/s
Sponsored

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've had just enough wine to make me think I can intelligently contribute to this conversation.

From the two videos, it seems to me the Fox design is simpler and a lot more elegant, whereas the Bilstein version relies on extra bits at the top and bottoms, bits that could break/fail. Oftentimes, simpler is better.

Now, I'm totally talking out my back-side, and I have no real-world experience, but I did just watch those two videos above, sooooo I'm basically a PHD.
The Bilstein 8112s are the most high tech off the shelf shock Bilstein makes, arguably the most high tech shock period. That is not what we're getting on the Bronco. They'll be more like the Fox shocks above.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The Bilstein 8112s are the most high tech off the shelf shock Bilstein makes, arguably the most high tech shock period. That is not what we're getting on the Bronco. They'll be more like the Fox shocks above.
Do you know what Bilstein model number they are most similar to?

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you know what Bilstein model number they are most similar to?
They just look like 2" shocks to me but maybe I'm wrong. So like 5160s in coilover form. They don't really make a direct comparison. We also might not be seeing the final product. Here's a picture of 2.5" coilovers with piggyback resis from a 2015 Trundra TRD Pro:

Ford Bronco Position sensing dampers.... Why?? 1596492484472

vs Bronco:
Ford Bronco Position sensing dampers.... Why?? 1596492578248

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Pretty sure this is the same guy that did the Bilstein vid... :)

The Rockwell Automation video is halarious but it is a fake over dub on the original video. I know Rockwell Automation equipment and the only thing they are describing that is real is a great April Fools joke.

beachztt

Wildtrak
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor- Tuxedo Black, 2017 Jeep JKU Rubicon Hard Rock- Built
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Rockwell Automation video is halarious but it is a fake over dub on the original video. I know Rockwell Automation equipment and the only thing they are describing that is real is a great April Fools joke.

That is what makes it so funny... and what I thought of listening to the Bilstein guy. There is another techno babble vid out there but I couldn't find it.
Sponsored