Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thought this would be a fun thread for those that have put in some seat time

I’ll kick it off - this is stuff that I either did not anticipate during the waiting…or things that I appreciate more than I thought

-Front cabin space - Given the boxy design, I love how the corner of the A pillar is very up and away from your face. The side windows are also very upright and there’s significantly more side glass extending out towards the corners…like there’s 6” of more glass where it meets the top of the A pillar compared to other vehicles with raked windshields…the Bronco simply feels very spacious for its size. It actually makes my XC90 feel cramped. Also when you roll down the window it feels much more airier than you would imagine. Honestly, probably my favorite unique feature of the interior as it feels very spacious and so few vehicles are designed this way

-Lowish beltline. You could comfortably rest your elbow on the window sill. A feature that is becoming less and less common on modern car designs

-Basic ergonomics. Dedicated HVAC controls. My hand seamlessly finds its way to the volume knob and AC controls. Nothing is buried in the screen. Nothing has been reinvented or overengineered

-Wireless apple car play. Did not think I would appreciate it this much. I find myself often YouTubing specific songs that come to mind if I want to start bumping out. Can’t live without it.

-Household plug. Awesome for mini fridges, tools etc. We have found good use for it and frankly it’s a nice little safety net knowing you could simply plug whatever you want into it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's pretty amazing just how fast and seamless both the lockers and the sway-bar disconnect features work.

JRock17

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ice Mountain 4dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am amazed at how easy the soft top is to operate. At first the clips for the windows and some finer points felt clumsy, but now I take it down and put it back up in just a few minutes. Way easier than any jeep I have ever owned. I do have IAG soft top struts which do help, but overall its much easier than I ever thought it would be. Very pleased and amazed at the sheer engineering of the thing!

Sponsored

Nectar

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco ordered
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like that there is a built in cooler and beer bottle opener. Lol, it's the little things 🤣

Joez60421

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fleet of Toyota 4runners and Land Cruisers
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The 7 speed is fantastic, I wasnt expecting it to be as good as it is.

MPG better than expected. First 750 miles I'm averaging 20.9, badlands non sasquatch 2.3 7 speed.

Rides much better than expected on the highway. Especially for how short the wheelbase is.

Locker engagement is instant. I'm used to my Toyotas that blink at you for a bit before everything meshes.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The front seats in Basesquatch are super comfy- I love the seats. The ergonomics overall are excellent. I was worried if I would have enough steering wheel telescoping and the front seat would go back far enough for my super long legs. I have the wheel maxed out as far as it will go although I am super comfy, just right.

Also, the handling, ride, and steering are awesome. Excellent visibility too. Performance much better than expected with 35" tires and also better than expected MPG. I expected 17, getting 21.5.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Two items come to mind that haven't been mentioned. The MGV seats are super comfy. I was pretty critical during the pre-production spy shot days such that I was the one that spied the Soul Glo staining. But I love them. They can get hot in the sun, but I have a towel on my seats most of the time due to living at the beach.

The second item is more of a confirmation of the design instead of not expecting it and that is the purposeful longer doors on the 2-dr forcing the B-Pillar further back. It creates an unobstructed view out of the peripheral vision and the feeling of a roomier driving experience. In my Jeep, I would have the seat all the way back and the B-Pillar would be against my shoulder. In the Bronco, the B-Pillar is behind my shoulder with the seat all the way back.

mikey_photo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The second item is more of a confirmation of the design instead of not expecting it and that is the purposeful longer doors on the 2-dr forcing the B-Pillar further back. It creates an unobstructed view out of the peripheral vision and the feeling of a roomier driving experience. In my Jeep, I would have the seat all the way back and the B-Pillar would be against my shoulder. In the Bronco, the B-Pillar is behind my shoulder with the seat all the way back.
Totally agree on the B-Pillar on the 2dr. It makes a huge difference being pushed back a bit. I think it also adds to the topless experience making it feel even more open.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Totally agree on the B-Pillar on the 2dr. It makes a huge difference being pushed back a bit. I think it also adds to the topless experience making it feel even more open.
And I can't wait to have proper roadster door inserts for when the doors come off. Here in Florida, our seasons are opposite from those up north. Summer is unpredictable with rain, hotter than heck, and buggy. I'd rather have the top/doors on during the summer. Winter on the other hand, when we are in the dry season, there is beautiful weather with low humidity to enjoy with the top/doors off.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The 8"/12" screen difference had me concerned during the pre-production days. I saw the 12" screen in the F-150 at the Orlando Auto Show and just had to have it on my Bronco. That requirement pushed me into considering the OBX and higher trims. Being in allocation purgatory forced me to order a "holdover Bronco" at a new dealer for MY'22. Still wasn't willing to drive a Moar Door so the order was constrained requiring the MIC top on a 2-dr, but I had ordered a Black Diamond as it was still fully capable but didn't have the High/Lux constraints. Took delivery of my Black Diamond 6 months after ordering and the screen difference of the 8" is a non-issue.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Visibility is amazing compared to modern cars. Rides nice and when in eco, my 2dr SAS gets 18mpg average mixed.
Sponsored