Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Look at a picture of an entire roof. There appears to me to be a seam between the flat section of the roof and the cargo section panel that holds the glass. Whether it is permanently bonded to the rear flat roof section or bolted together (are the slots hand holds or places to install cross rails) I seriously doubt the entire roof plus window panels is molded all at once, otherwise no apparent "seam" would be necessary.
Ford Bronco Positive news from MAP Ford Employee about MIC top replacements and how they are being handled. obfish
Sponsored

Yodi

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wonder if anyone has taken home a dirt mountain Bronco that has been repaired?

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The letter to existing owners states that "new " quarter glass shall be installed by the dealer. I am thinking they will reuse the back glass.
Like to see the service bulletin on this one. Ford should provide a national warranty on dealer workmanship no questions asked.
Oh yeah babe, there are gonna be some leakers out there. Especially if my dealers body shop does the work.

mjbk12

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I may be one of a handful of customers whose orders have not yet been built, do not have a revised build date yet, but received an email stating that Ford expects we will get a MY21 after they cancelled a September 27 build date, and that Ford would let us know in early October. My first scheduled build date was June 14.

I have a VIN already. This implies the possibility that they will issue a new MY22 VIN if they end up having to bump me, and the current VIN may end up being a "ghost" VIN for a vehicle that will never exist.
If you are a hard top there is a good chance you are already built and waiting on the top switch out. I have a Vin and had July then August then September build dates . I checked with my dealer recently abd found out Mines built just waiting on the blend of the new top on Sept 29th

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What I’m worried about is I’m scheduled to go to Myrtle Beach next Thursday. Friday 9/17 is our 10th anniversary. I’m afraid of getting a call that our Bronco is ready!

Already agreed with my wife that if that happens we’ll leave one day early on Saturday morning to take delivery.
Nah, don't do that Jared. I'm in North Carolina, and I'll be happy to pick it up for you. Just hang around a few more days, and I'll even get those pesky break-in miles out of the way. I know, I know, I'm just that kinda guy, ready to help a brother out in a skinny minute. :)

Hope yours shows up right on time my friend. (y)

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How many pieces in the entire roof? 2 front, 1 mid-section, 2 side panels, 1 back panel. Doubt they are building new side panels and back glass surround as it is only the top itself that has issues, and not seeing any up close is it the entire 3 panels that are at issue or just the two front removable panels?
It is not just the top that has issues. Lots of pics of the clamshell sides all fucked up.

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh yeah babe, there are gonna be some leakers out there. Especially if my dealers body shop does the work.
I wonder if the dealer replacement process differs from the DM process

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Don't know if this has been answered or not: Did not go thru all 15pgs of thread reads.
Question please:
Regarding the new MIC 2.0, has it been established that there is "SOUND DEADENING MATERIAL" affixed to the MIC top; and, if yes, on those BRONCO's with the new MIC 2.0, is the "SOUND DEADENING HEADLINER" still N/C (i.e., no charge) ??

Ford Bronco Positive news from MAP Ford Employee about MIC top replacements and how they are being handled. obfish
My sticker says it's included at no charge, therefore, yes it is at no charge included.

Sponsored

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Step 1: Take old top off.
Step 2: Put new top on.
Step 3: Check for leaks. Go through carwash.
Should have been more clear.
I was thinking in terms of the glass. One might reuse the other might replace. Who knows.

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Should have been more clear.
I was thinking in terms of the glass. One might reuse the other might replace. Who knows.
I would think that would be a question for either Ford and/or ones dealer.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wonder if the dealer replacement process differs from the DM process
Good question, but I really don't know. However, not knowing has never stopped me from makinga guess. :) I would guess that the process at Webasto is a set up that applies the sealer in the proper place, and maybe they have a alignment system to set the glass. If other dealers are like mine they just smear the sealer on, and cram it in the opening.

I don't hold a lot of stock in my dealers body shop. I took my Ranger by because the left rear half door was dragging on the the latch where it contacted the little loop thingy. The body shop manger said, "We can take a hammer, and beat that loop up so it won't drag". Yeah, no that ain't happening. :)

BTW, that's not the dealer I'm buying my Bronco from. Couldn't get a good deal there.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good question, but I really don't know. However, not knowing has never stopped me from makinga guess. :) I would guess that the process at Webasto is a set up that applies the sealer in the proper place, and maybe they have a alignment system to set the glass. If other dealers are like mine they just smear the sealer on, and cram it in the opening.

I don't hold a lot of stock in my dealers body shop. I took my Ranger by because the left rear half door was dragging on the the latch where it contacted the little loop thingy. The body shop manger said, "We can take a hammer, and beat that loop up so it won't drag". Yeah, no that ain't happening. :)

BTW, that's not the dealer I'm buying my Bronco from. Couldn't get a good deal there.
I would expect they'd send the dealer a service bulletin with step by step instructions.

kellyweiss

Heritage
First Name
Mr. Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Two things that I am wondering about:
1) Will the same sketchy headliner be installed (Probably yes)?

2). Is there a picture of the new top that we could see (Probably not)?
My sticker says it's included at no charge, therefore, yes it is at no charge included.
Excellent; thank you !!
Ford Bronco Positive news from MAP Ford Employee about MIC top replacements and how they are being handled. 1631487092980
Sponsored