Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla '18 M3 Perf & '22 MY Perf, '19 MX-5 Club,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Making an effort to come to a resolution? All they need to do is honor MSRP pricing.

As to the suggestions that Ford be sued via class action, anyone onboard with this doesn't understand federal antitrust law. Ford can only suggest, not control, pricing.
Sponsored

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On their Facebook page, i made a suggested edit to their contact info lol they had the wrong website listed šŸ˜…
Ford Bronco Price Gouging @ Westway Ford Irving Texas Screenshot_20211224-102142_Facebook

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Making an effort to come to a resolution? All they need to do is honor MSRP pricing.

As to the suggestions that Ford be sued via class action, anyone onboard with this doesn't understand federal antitrust law. Ford can only suggest, not control, pricing.
That really is why the reservation system is broken. By publishing MSRP on the very page where you are taking reservations they are forming, in the mind of the customer, a contract. The reservation system could be fixed by making reservations similar to options contracts. They should have an expiry (time of delivery for that particular vehicle), and a strike price...(MSRP). The contract should bind the customer and DEALER, however SHOULD be transferable. In the event the customer changes his mind, the contract expires worthless and the vehicle can be sold to the highest bidder, or the customer can sell the contract to another interested party...even the dealer themselves if they are so certain they can make more money on the deal. In the event that particular dealer cannot fill that order (because of allocation etc) any other dealer may choose to fill it at the strike price, or offer the customer a cash price for it.

MtnRanger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When dealers like these tack on surprise adm at the end, do they atleast reimburse the original $100

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That really is why the reservation system is broken. By publishing MSRP on the very page where you are taking reservations they are forming, in the mind of the customer, a contract. The reservation system could be fixed by making reservations similar to options contracts. They should have an expiry (time of delivery for that particular vehicle), and a strike price...(MSRP). The contract should bind the customer and DEALER, however SHOULD be transferable. In the event the customer changes his mind, the contract expires worthless and the vehicle can be sold to the highest bidder, or the customer can sell the contract to another interested party...even the dealer themselves if they are so certain they can make more money on the deal. In the event that particular dealer cannot fill that order (because of allocation etc) any other dealer may choose to fill it at the strike price, or offer the customer a cash price for it.
Solving problems and teaching people about options? I like it.

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Solving problems and teaching people about options? I like it.
I'm a firm believer in the free market economic system. I can see the dealers point that if customers are filling reservations, and then reselling the vehicle they are in effect stealing money from the dealer. I don't think anybody but maybe a few whack jobs out there speculated on Bronco reservations. But they COULD. This way speculators can speculate all they want, and the ordinary customer like me can simply order a vehicle, and know what he is paying. What good is a reservation without knowing what its for? They are efficient for marketing...the manufacturer advertises a product then says "show of hands, who wants one?". But who has unlimited funds? The customer has gotta have a price point at the time he raises his hand right?

Stever17

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's a salesman in Salina ks that ordered a bronco for himself and sold it on nextech classified for 92,000. He ordered another one and already got it and selling it online also. There's something fishy about that situation. How can he order for himself and get them so fast and multiple times

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's a salesman in Salina ks that ordered a bronco for himself and sold it on nextech classified for 92,000. He ordered another one and already got it and selling it online also. There's something fishy about that situation. How can he order for himself and get them so fast and multiple times
He could have put in 2 reservations as was allowed, if he flips a 3rd one, then something is VERY fishy!

cclkramer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I dont know! There are a couple of salesman at my dealership who ordered Broncos early and they are still waiting. I am in constant contact with my dealership. My first Badlands comes in first week of Jan. Cant wait!

OP
OP

sadiki2527

Badlands
First Name
sadiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm even more impressed that just searching "Westway Ford" on Google netted a page 3 return for this thread. If everyone starts googling just "Westway Ford" and navigating to the thread that way, I wonder how far up we can get it.

@sadiki2527 , very sorry this crap is happening to you. Stories like this gave me anxiety up until I took delivery.

I'd say just take a step back, enjoy Christmas with your family, and plan your next course of action come Monday.
[/QUOTE
It's a real shame to see that you gave up so early in the process. Yes, it's a shame that you did talk to the GM and he held the line with his sales manager, but this dealership is part of a larger group and there is a manager that is over the various general managers of the store, and that would be the next person to talk to. I understand that internally this is a painful thing for you and your family and you want to move on and enjoy Christmas. However, it is a sad thing to just walk away and let them win, and you not get the Bronco that you have been waiting so long for. This same thing has happened to others on this forum, and with persistence and pressure they got their Bronco at MSRP. Too bad.
[/QUOTE
Not giving up, stressing a bit however being patient. working many angles on the advise and support from the group. Realizing I also have to remain poised and patient.

Sponsored

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm a firm believer in the free market economic system. I can see the dealers point that if customers are filling reservations, and then reselling the vehicle they are in effect stealing money from the dealer. I don't think anybody but maybe a few whack jobs out there speculated on Bronco reservations. But they COULD. This way speculators can speculate all they want, and the ordinary customer like me can simply order a vehicle, and know what he is paying. What good is a reservation without knowing what its for? They are efficient for marketing...the manufacturer advertises a product then says "show of hands, who wants one?". But who has unlimited funds? The customer has gotta have a price point at the time he raises his hand right?
I agree with almost everything you said here except the resale of the Bronco would be like stealing money from the dealer. The dealer in our scenario as reservation holders wouldnā€™t have the Bronco other wise so I donā€™t see that point holding here.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
IMO, if Ford was interested in stopping the ADM charge all they would have to do is to have Ford Finance refuse to finance vehicles over MSRP plus taxes and doc fees. The dealers would then have to turn to 3rd party lenders. This stuff happened in the late 80s/90s due to high interest rates (to stop inflation) and due to the many repossessions (because loans were upside down) the banks enacted MSRP value only loans and no upside trade ins. Seems like a good time to return to that philosophy to protect customers and lenders.

Last edited:
OP
OP

sadiki2527

Badlands
First Name
sadiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm even more impressed that just searching "Westway Ford" on Google netted a page 3 return for this thread. If everyone starts googling just "Westway Ford" and navigating to the thread that way, I wonder how far up we can get it.

@sadiki2527 , very sorry this crap is happening to you. Stories like this gave me anxiety up until I took delivery.

I'd say just take a step back, enjoy Christmas with your family, and plan your next course of action come Monday.
[/QUOTE
It's a real shame to see that you gave up so early in the process. Yes, it's a shame that you did talk to the GM and he held the line with his sales manager, but this dealership is part of a larger group and there is a manager that is over the various general managers of the store, and that would be the next person to talk to. I understand that internally this is a painful thing for you and your family and you want to move on and enjoy Christmas. However, it is a sad thing to just walk away and let them win, and you not get the Bronco that you have been waiting so long for. This same thing has happened to others on this forum, and with persistence and pressure they got their Bronco at MSRP. Too bad.
[/QUOTE
Not giving up, stressing a bit however being patient. working many angles on the advise and support from the group. Realizing I also have to remain poised and patient. Thereā€™s
I tried expressing this very issue to the dealer which he kind of agreed with. had I known there would be a $20,000 mark up I couldā€™ve bought a bronco that was $20,000 cheaper ultimately

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I tried expressing this very issue to the dealer which he kind of agreed with. had I known there would be a $20,000 mark up I couldā€™ve bought a bronco that was $20,000 cheaper ultimately
I think you're missing the point there... How about...

Had you known there would be a $20k mark up, YOU WOULD'VE TAKEN YOUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE!

Screw ordering a $20k cheaper Bronco!

croyco

Black Diamond
First Name
croydon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Went to my dealer today with my deposit and financing to pick up my bronco after waiting 12 months only for them tell me that the sticker price of 57500 that ford sent me in email is not what the vehicle is available for, and the actual cost is now $82000 take it or leave it. This can't be right. pretty upset especially after all the hype. i even convinced my wife of all the family trips a trail rides we can all go on.

NO DEPOSIT NO CONTRACT
Sponsored