Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone who lives in the area please feel free to stop in the worst way stealership and voice your public opinion for all customers to hear. In the mean time I'm still making service appointments for all my many vehicles on line!
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This stuff happened in the late 80s/90s due to high interest rates (to stop inflation)
Veering off topic, but this is what scares me most about waiting so long for my Bronco. If I get it when I should have rates would have been amazing but that could easily change quickly with inflation ramping up.

OP
OP

sadiki2527

Badlands
First Name
sadiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Veering off topic, but this is what scares me most about waiting so long for my Bronco. If I get it when I should have rates would have been amazing but that could easily change quickly with inflation ramping up.
Well Ford sent emails apologizing for the many delays and told us to keep our reservations as they would be honoring the price for the 2021 models. My original order had a hard top with head line and part of their incentive for keeping the reservation was waving the cost of the headliner. Remember that? Inflation should have nothing to do with reservation holders because in my head I locked this deal in a year ago.

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If only I'd have the stones to say:

"I would spend $10,000 buying the nearest billboard for 3 months to say
'WESTWAY FORD IS HOLDING MY CUSTOM-BUILT VEHICLE HOSTAGE'
just to f*** you hard than pay you your $20k ransom."

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I tried expressing this very issue to the dealer which he kind of agreed with. had I known there would be a $20,000 mark up I could’ve bought a bronco that was $20,000 cheaper ultimately
But did they even tell you how that $20k is calculated? If you had ordered a cheaper model would the markup be the same? Or $40k on a $20k cheaper model? Is the markup a %of msrp? Is the markup on every Ford product they sell? Only the ones that start w/the letter B? Point is you were never informed of anything. When you made your reservation the ONLY information you had was Fords MSRP, a PUBLISHED figure.

Sponsored

Davebear13

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm a firm believer in the free market economic system. I can see the dealers point that if customers are filling reservations, and then reselling the vehicle they are in effect stealing money from the dealer. I don't think anybody but maybe a few whack jobs out there speculated on Bronco reservations. But they COULD. This way speculators can speculate all they want, and the ordinary customer like me can simply order a vehicle, and know what he is paying. What good is a reservation without knowing what its for? They are efficient for marketing...the manufacturer advertises a product then says "show of hands, who wants one?". But who has unlimited funds? The customer has gotta have a price point at the time he raises his hand right?
There is very little in this car market that resembles a free market. You see a price advertised by a manufacturer but you cannot buy it - you have to purchase it from a middle man who does not have to honor the price that was agreed to when you ordered it. In this case it is a bait and switch - the bait being the manufacturer's advertisement and price and the switch is the the dealers retail value price. OR this is blackmail where the dealer has the customer's ordered vehicle and it is being held for a $20,000 ransom. Does any other business let you order a product and when it is delivered you are charged a higher price? Take it or loss it at your door step? The only time the car industry is a free market is when there are cars on dealer's lots that are associated to the dealer and you can barter or leave for another dealer. This is a custom order made with Ford for a published price and the vehicle does not belong to the dealer, it belongs to the customer.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It could be worse...

HB_Ford_Bronco_FE_ADM_01.jpg
if That VIN is correct that would make it a 2020...That's one RARE BIRD!
EDIT: Found it on their website the actual vin is 1FMDE5FP3MLA20764. Not only is the price rediculous, they have the vin wrong on the sticker. Somebody should buy this pile and sue them for selling them the wrong vehicle!

Last edited:
OP
OP

sadiki2527

Badlands
First Name
sadiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is very little in this car market that resembles a free market. You see a price advertised by a manufacturer but you cannot buy it - you have to purchase it from a middle man who does not have to honor the price that was agreed to when you ordered it. In this case it is a bait and switch - the bait being the manufacturer's advertisement and price and the switch is the the dealers retail value price. OR this is blackmail where the dealer has the customer's ordered vehicle and it is being held for a $20,000 ransom. Does any other business let you order a product and when it is delivered you are charged a higher price? Take it or loss it at your door step? The only time the car industry is a free market is when there are cars on dealer's lots that are associated to the dealer and you can barter or leave for another dealer. This is a custom order made with Ford for a published price and the vehicle does not belong to the dealer, it belongs to the customer.
Year and half long bait, show you the shimmering prize, let you drive getting you excited then pull it from under you with a smile. Been making sick to my stomach.

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reading all the one star reviews on Google is interesting, Curious what Westway Ford was rated before this shit show.

Sponsored
OP
OP

sadiki2527

Badlands
First Name
sadiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Once again thanks for the advise and support. Was watching Spider-Man last night and realize I’ve been talking to myself like the green goblin. SMH. Starting to wear my disappointment like a badge around here so I’m gonna do the Christmas thing. Will keep you posted if anything develops. Merry Christmas. “Big up yourselves”

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am in no way saying give up the fight yet - you deserve the Bronco you ordered. And I'd keep at it until it's either yours or the slimballs sell it out from under you..

But if it ends badly, you still can get into something great.

For about what you were going to spend, you can get a '22 rubi recon with nice options.
It's not your first choice. But it's a way get you and your family out on the trails for a few years to have some fun stress relief. Then, if you're not totally soured on Ford, come back to the Bronco after the bullshit has settled. You'd probably be able to get it under MSRP by then.

What a way to spend Christmas...thinking it's here in time for the holidays and getting the rug pulled out from under you....fucking bastards.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they sell it out from under you just go to the GM, knock on the office door and...

junk-punch-you-know-why.gif

BAM! "You know why!"
Sponsored