Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If Hanna Battah starts talking, I can tell you from personal experience that every fireman in the metroplex will stop sipping their coffee and listen... and we also buy a lot of new trucks
Holy (^_*^...I'm a fireman!! I.........(listens intently after goggle search)....(I mean google search).......
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A purchase order is a contract. Moreover, a contract for less than a year need not be in writing (but a signed order and deposit would constitute a contract in all 50 states).
Sorry dude, but you’re wrong. All sales contracts for goods over $500 must be in writing in Texas (and most states). A “purchase order” was never signed here. The customer himself said he expected to pay “some mark up”; which in and of itself shows there was no meeting of the minds on a price…a critical piece of a contract. There was no agreement. There was no contract.
No legal recourse…only way forward is through pressure.

maade48

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Left them a bad review on google as well as calling them and messaging them. We are trying our best man I hope they knock this sh*t off and start caring about their customers

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In England you could recover legal costs for winning a civil suit...not in the US. Not a lawyer either, but have several in my family...an injunction preventing a sale? would work great except our beloved court system is backed up way worse than Ford. Form a class action against Westway? That might get you some attorneys willing to work "pro bono" for the lions share of the settlement...but would certainly punish the offending dealer...wouldn't help the OP much unless he wants to pursue this purely on general principle. Wouldn't blame him if he did!
The class action suit needs to be against Ford. Once they get hit with a suit they'll put pressure on the dealers to stop the monkey business. I'm sure enough of us hasn't had to walk away from our trucks because the dealers ask for insane markups. I'm my case it was 15k on a base 2dr because it was a "highly desirable" vehicle...

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

#2 on Google!

Ford Bronco Price Gouging @ Westway Ford Irving Texas 1640334183426
I'm even more impressed that just searching "Westway Ford" on Google netted a page 3 return for this thread. If everyone starts googling just "Westway Ford" and navigating to the thread that way, I wonder how far up we can get it.

@sadiki2527 , very sorry this crap is happening to you. Stories like this gave me anxiety up until I took delivery.

I'd say just take a step back, enjoy Christmas with your family, and plan your next course of action come Monday.

OakHill

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The class action suit needs to be against Ford. Once they get hit with a suit they'll put pressure on the dealers to stop the monkey business. I'm sure enough of us hasn't had to walk away from our trucks because the dealers ask for insane markups. I'm my case it was 15k on a base 2dr because it was a "highly desirable" vehicle...
Ford actually has nothing to do with it and would /could actually be sued by the dealer if they stepped in, not if they don’t. This is what a franchise model is all about.
All these dealerships are just a bunch of small business’ that bought into the rights to sell a certain product. They are helped out on a national level with supply chain and advertising but Ford corporate can’t legally set a price or make a dealership sell at a certain price or else that breaks what a franchise model really is. My friend is general council for a large fast food chain and they have to deal with franchises’ everyday and their authority is limited.
The pressure of bad reviews is probably the best / most effective way to handle this situation at this point. The ironic thing is this dealership will lose more profit in one week from bad reviews then they will ever make off this bronco.

BoMiltenberger

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 BL Lux Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Left them a bad review on google as well as calling them and messaging them. We are trying our best man I hope they knock this sh*t off and start caring about their customers
What’s they say when you called?

Jmoder

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4, Chrysler convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If Hanna Battah starts talking, I can tell you from personal experience that every fireman in the metroplex will stop sipping their coffee and listen... and we also buy a lot of new trucks
Story ideas? Email [email protected]

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That would be a very challenging lawsuit, which would likely take many years, and resolve nothing. What you would have to prove is the Ford franchise agreement is set up to cause "systemic" price fraud. Ford would simply point out that every other manufacturer in the industry works the exact same way. Proving a single dealer defrauded a single customer would be much easier, and set precedent for future cases in whatever state rules on it. Some states may already have rulings on this...but I would leave it to a law scholar to tell me that!

Side question Bob, did you pay the markup, or walk? My build is scheduled for Jan and if my dealer pulls this I'm formulating a strategy now for how to handle it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have a point, if it’s too late for my personal Bronco, it’s not too late for everyone else who’s could potentially share the same fate. Hmmmm. You’re right even if I’m not in the picture there is a pattern and if I had checked on that dealerships rep before I would have at least asked the right questions. Well everyone is on holiday. Gonna go wrap gifts.

It's a real shame to see that you gave up so early in the process. Yes, it's a shame that you did talk to the GM and he held the line with his sales manager, but this dealership is part of a larger group and there is a manager that is over the various general managers of the store, and that would be the next person to talk to. I understand that internally this is a painful thing for you and your family and you want to move on and enjoy Christmas. However, it is a sad thing to just walk away and let them win, and you not get the Bronco that you have been waiting so long for. This same thing has happened to others on this forum, and with persistence and pressure they got their Bronco at MSRP. Too bad.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That would be a very challenging lawsuit, which would likely take many years, and resolve nothing. What you would have to prove is the Ford franchise agreement is set up to cause "systemic" price fraud. Ford would simply point out that every other manufacturer in the industry works the exact same way. Proving a single dealer defrauded a single customer would be much easier, and set precedent for future cases in whatever state rules on it. Some states may already have rulings on this...but I would leave it to a law scholar to tell me that!

Side question Bob, did you pay the markup, or walk? My build is scheduled for Jan and if my dealer pulls this I'm formulating a strategy now for how to handle it.
I walked... It's in my signature... No way of pay anything more then msrp. I ordered a new one the day after I walked.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Price Gouging @ Westway Ford Irving Texas Screenshot_20211224-095747_Chrome

Yelp is on to us but keep the reviews coming on all review platforms.