Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They make this shit confusing. I was not a reservation holder, ordered 4 dr Badlands October 13th 2022, made NO changes to my order other than correcting the keypad missing within a week of initial order. Window sticker is $58,320(about $1300 more than my initial order) of $57050. Its waiting for a truck to deliver it but the dealership gave final pricing sheets and the price was $57070 so they must have applied the $1250 Price Protection. They didn't need me to even bring it up.
Yeah the window sticker is based on when the vehicle was built and not when you ordered your vehicle.

They do that in case you abandon your order. If you did, the guy who comes after you will pay full MSRP rather than the price protected retail price.
Sponsored

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah the window sticker is based on when the vehicle was built and not when you ordered your vehicle.

They do that in case you abandon your order. If you did, the guy who comes after you will pay full MSRP rather than the price protected retail price.
i'm just glad my dealership isn't shady and didn't need to be told about price protection. He's even going to look into some sort of discount(probably not much) for the damn shipping. It's been sitting at the rail yard 70 miles away for a month at this point.

CoolBroncoGuy

Base
First Name
J.dog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloblue Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm finally picking up my Bronco base four-door 2.7 tomorrow. I tried to nail the dealer down on the pricing including the price protection, but he told me to come on in tomorrow and we will figure it out. Sounds a little slimy to me, but what am I going to do. My concern is after reading all I can about price protection, is that I made one change that might affect it. I dropped the Sasquatch package prior to March 11th. Other than that, everything is the same. Anybody want to chime in? Ragnarkon?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm finally picking up my Bronco base four-door 2.7 tomorrow. I tried to nail the dealer down on the pricing including the price protection, but he told me to come on in tomorrow and we will figure it out. Sounds a little slimy to me, but what am I going to do. My concern is after reading all I can about price protection, is that I made one change that might affect it. I dropped the Sasquatch package prior to March 11th. Other than that, everything is the same. Anybody want to chime in? Ragnarkon?
Need more details.

Did you have a reservation? If so, when did you make the reservation? If not, when did you first order?

CoolBroncoGuy

Base
First Name
J.dog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ragnarkon,, yes first day reservation, place order/deposit before the March 21 deadline. I think I did everything right except drop the Sasquatch package prior to getting my VIN number.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ragnarkon,, yes first day reservation, place order/deposit before the March 21 deadline. I think I did everything right except drop the Sasquatch package prior to getting my VIN number.
So if you’ve had a Base reserved from the beginning and the only thing that change about your order is the Sasquatch package, you should be getting $1,500. Or… said another way… your Bronco should be $1500 cheaper than it is now on Build & Price.
  • $250 - Early reservation holder price protection program
  • $1,250 - Standard retail price protection for 2022MY (not apart of a special program)

CoolBroncoGuy

Base
First Name
J.dog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ragnarkon, thank you! That's exactly how I see it. Now the only question is, will the dealer see it that way? 🤔 I will update this post to let everyone know how it goes.

L_Brady_

Base
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So if one ordered a Base 2-door, the values should be

MY21 to 22 - $800
MY22 to 22.5 - $1500

And since I missed the March 19 cutoff by a week, I should expect a price increase of $800 over my original DORA, but the "retail price protection" covers the dealer for the other 1500.

Correct?
My exact situation. How did it work out for you? Wierd thing for me is my window sticker which generated in January 22 still shows the 22 pricing but the back door tracker shows 22.5 pricing so I’m nervous at which the dealer will use when it gets delivered.

denimird

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Base
So if you’ve had a Base reserved from the beginning and the only thing that change about your order is the Sasquatch package, you should be getting $1,500. Or… said another way… your Bronco should be $1500 cheaper than it is now on Build & Price.
  • $250 - Early reservation holder price protection program
  • $1,250 - Standard retail price protection for 2022MY (not apart of a special program)
I'm sorry but I'm so confused! We reserved a base on 2/14/21, confirmed order on 3/17/21, converted to MY22 on 10/14/21. We've never changed anything.

My dealer said we only qualify for an $800 price protection rebate since our order was not scheduled before 3/1/22. The dealer has been great and we've already received a Badlands and everything worked out perfectly so I have no reason to doubt other than it doesn't make sense.

This Bronco is actually my 17-year-old daughter's order and she has been working hard and saving her money so she could pay cash. She is so close to reaching her goal at her original price tag and just received her build week of 6/27. The additional $2500 is a significant increase and means she will likely not be able to pay cash now so if anyone can point me to a resource I can show my dealer, I would appreciate it.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sorry but I'm so confused! We reserved a base on 2/14/21, confirmed order on 3/17/21, converted to MY22 on 10/14/21. We've never changed anything.

My dealer said we only qualify for an $800 price protection rebate since our order was not scheduled before 3/1/22. The dealer has been great and we've already received a Badlands and everything worked out perfectly so I have no reason to doubt other than it doesn't make sense.

This Bronco is actually my 17-year-old daughter's order and she has been working hard and saving her money so she could pay cash. She is so close to reaching her goal at her original price tag and just received her build week of 6/27. The additional $2500 is a significant increase and means she will likely not be able to pay cash now so if anyone can point me to a resource I can show my dealer, I would appreciate it.
Yeah so sounds like she has a 2-door base in order.
  • $800 - 2021MY to 2022MY price protection through the early reservation price protection program. If that’s true…
  • $1500 - standard retail price protection
So $2300 less than the MSRP cost listed on Ford’s Build and Price today.

The problem (I think) is a lot of people are having is there is a mix of price protections involved. Two of them are part of the early reservation special price protection programs, which is specifically attached to your reservation. That comes in the form of a certificate or rebate from Ford.

The other isn’t part of this special reservation system at all. It’s just part of Ford’s standard retail price protection that locks the price of your order in for the remainder of that model year, and is designed to protect all retail order holders from mid-year price increases. It’s standard for all Ford vehicles and it isn’t Bronco-specific.

Exactly which of these price protections you qualify for depends on your particular situation so everyone will be slightly different. And I think it’s confusing the heck out of people.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

427Comet

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Super duty, 65 comet cyclone
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

• $800 - 2021MY to 2022MY price protection through the early reservation price protection program. If that’s true…

The problem (I think) is a lot of people are having is there is a mix of price protections involved. Two of them are part of the early reservation special price protection programs, which is specifically attached to your reservation. That comes in the form of a certificate or rebate from Ford.

The other isn’t part of this special reservation system at all. It’s just part of Ford’s standard retail price protection that locks the price of your order in for the remainder of that model year, and is designed to protect all retail order holders from mid-year price increases. It’s standard for all Ford vehicles and it isn’t Bronco-specific.

Exactly which of these price protections you qualify for depends on your particular situation so everyone will be slightly different. And I think it’s confusing the heck out of people.
That’s how my dealer said it would happen for me, picked up my wildtrak on 6/8/22 early reservation early order. I was given $695 off at purchase and was told to expect a check will be mailed to me to make up the difference between the conflicting msrp.. they said the check comes directly from Ford..

denimird

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Base

Yes! Sorry, minor detail I missed. It is a 2-door base. Is there anything documented I can show to my dealer to show we should qualify for the additional $1500? I'm not sure what we can do at this point.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes! Sorry, minor detail I missed. It is a 2-door base. Is there anything documented I can show to my dealer to show we should qualify for the additional $1500? I'm not sure what we can do at this point.
I would double check to make sure the $1500 off isn't already there. Some dealers do retail price protection automatically... and because retail price protection it isn't part of a special price protection program it may not be obvious to the dealer.

But anyway... most of the documentation is on the dealer's side of things... so really all you can show them is the official FAQ on Ford's website.

You can also show them this post... which explains it all.
Sponsored